THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT!!

reiner-

There's nothing to be angry about, LOL. I'm reasoning that you making this thread is pointless.

Like I said. It is interesting how you say people are entitled to their anger but then dismiss anger in another situation. Doesn't seem consistent. 
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Sadly, this petition is not the worst thing going on in regards to the reaction to this game.

Sending death threats to a real person, because of what happened to a video game character.

Just proves the world is full of fuckwits.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Sadly, this petition is not the worst thing going on in regards to the reaction to this game.

Sending death threats to a real person, because of what happened to a video game character.

It just goes to show how stupid so many people are. She's just the voice actor, it's not like she worked on the script and was responsible for the game's narrative direction. Of course not that death threats towards those who did work on the script are warranted either.

• Like 2

You know what? I don't get the love for Joel. He was never a likeable character in my opinion. I mean, I felt for him in the opening of TLOU1 and everything ... but I did not love his character.

And of course I cannot know if this is true for all of those people that sign petitions like this but I think most of them are angry at Joels death, because they simply want (and expected) to play a white, male character pretty much all the time.

Instead, this poor little kittens "had" to play a lesbian girl (I mean they were forced to play this game, right??) and a muscular woman! And that butch lady also had the audacity to become friends with a transgender boy - who's asian for crying out loud! Ohhh the horror!!!!!

I mean, if I remember correctly, a lot of people already hated "Left Behind" ... mostly because "OHMYGAWD she's a lezzer!!!" but part of it was probably also because they couldn't play as a male in the Add-On ...

Long story short: I'm pretty sure that a lot (not all, but many) of the "haters" are just bigots who don't want gays etc. in their games and don't want to play women. "Normal" people usually are intelligent enough that, if they legitimely didn't like the story or its conclusion, they are able to simply say "awww jeez, wasn't what I was hoping for" and move on. Those that put so much energy in "hating" this entertainment product, for whatever reason, are not normal but probably really unstable ... or simply don't have their priorities in life straight ...

Imagine them putting all these efforts into something that really matters... like fighting climate change or racism or getting decent politicans into office or stopping child abuse or or or ... what a place the world could be.

But no, let's use our energy to send death threaths to a voice actor because we didn't like a videogame ...

Edited by Sicho
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sicho said:

You know what? I don't get the love for Joel. He was never a likeable character in my opinion. I mean, I felt for him in the opening of TLOU1 and everything ... but I did not love his character.

And of course I cannot know if this is true for all of those people that sign petitions like this but I think most of them are angry at Joels death, because they simply want (and expected) to play a white, male character pretty much all the time.

Instead, this poor little kittens "had" to play a lesbian girl (I mean they were forced to play this game, right??) and a muscular woman! And that butch lady also had the audacity to become friends with a transgender boy - who's asian for crying out loud! Ohhh the horror!!!!!

I mean, if I remember correctly, a lot of people already hated "Left Behind" ... mostly because "OHMYGAWD she's a lezzer!!!" but part of it was probably also because they couldn't play as a male in the Add-On ...

Long story short: I'm pretty sure that a lot (not all, but many) of the "haters" are just bigots who don't want gays etc. in their games and don't want to play women. "Normal" people usually are intelligent enough that, if they legitimely didn't like the story or its conclusion, they are able to simply say "awww jeez, wasn't what I was hoping for" and move on. Those that put so much energy in "hating" this entertainment product, for whatever reason, are not normal but probably really unstable ... or simply don't have their priorities in life straight ...

Imagine them putting all these efforts into something that really matters... like fighting climate change or racism or getting decent politicans into office or stopping child abuse or or or ... what a place the world could be.

But no, let's use our energy to send death threaths to a voice actor because we didn't like a videogame ...

It's pretty disappointing that so much of the discourse around this game has revolved, on the internet at least, around being bigoted or not empathetic.

I did really like Joel as a character, in fact I thought he was one of the better written characters in gaming. Because he makes a decision that is incredibly selfish and is to so many morally wrong, yet I find him likeable too. If Naughty Dog wanted reference for a character who does wrong, yet wanted me to emphasise and like them (Abby) then they had to look no further than someone like Joel. I was looking forward to Joel being in the game. I still liked his scenes in the game regardless of what happened to him and how little you actually play as him. 

But I ended up like Ellie even more. She's now probably one of my favourite VG characters. Unfortunately for the game, as I think their message would've worked better on me if she was more dislikable. I also thought Lev was the best part about the second half of the game. I didn't like Abby, but it wasn't because she was butch - it was because of her actions, how she treated others, and I found some of her character motivations for the good she does very flimsy at best.

I was disappointed, because at the halfway point I was thinking it had the makings of being to be my favourite video game of all time. I still like the game, because when it was good it was phenomenal and some of the moments in the game will stick with me for a long time. But I don't think it's nearly as clever as Neil Druckmann thinks it is.

I'm pretty sure your message isn't aimed at me, but it's sad that to some people, I am lumped in with a bunch of assholes for not liking Abby. I wish the internet didn't provide so many the platform to behave in such a disgusting manner. I feel it's going to completely override legitimate criticism of the game, if it hasn't already.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EIdain said:

I'm pretty sure your message isn't aimed at me,

Well I clearly stated in my message that not ALL of the people that don't like the game are like that and I also mentioned that there are probably "normal" people that have a legitimate reason not to like the story or its conclusion.

But basically the user Lan Stee said it better in one sentence than I did in my whole posting!

12 hours ago, Lan Stee said:

Not everybody who dislikes this game is garbage, but everybody who is garbage probably dislikes this game

;)

• Like 3

20 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

And I quote: "We've waited seven years for a proper sequel to one of the greatest games of all time" and "If people want to petition to have the story changed, it's 100% justified. Just because a minority of people like it, doesn't mean the rest of us have to shut up and conform."

Yeah, you did.

Lol I swear, I was not a big fan of the major Abby gameplay and how it ended and how many times Ellie "failed" to kill Abby but I'm not going to cry about it. By all means, the devs showed so many perspectives instead of sugarcoating everything and pleasing the fans, painting a world that is not realistic. This is how things turned out in the world of The Last of Us. I see all these people crying and hating "change the story" like really? That's like saying to movie directors, AFTER the movie is already out, "change the movie cause I don't like it", this sounds so stupid. Don't like it? Leave it. Its fine to not like something, why start a whole hating trend on a freaking game or movie, something so stupid? This is just funny, really, look at these people making a fool of themselves. ?

Still proves nothing. The fact that you buffoons are so butthurt about people rejecting an objectively trash story just comes to show how insecure you are. Enjoy your shitty game and let us protest in peace.

19 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:
Like I said. It is interesting how you say people are entitled to their anger but then dismiss anger in another situation. Doesn't seem consistent. 

I mean it does though. That petition has a purpose - to try and get the story change. Granted, it's very unlikely, but it serves a purpose. All you're doing is trying to say people don't have a right to be angry about the game. Like why are you saying the petition is bullshit? The story sucks, and naturally that means people will rally to change it. Just because you like it, doesn't mean the majority of people do. 

15 hours ago, Sydoki said:

There are so many people who think that Joel didn't deserve to die...LOL :awesome:

Yeah, people that actually followed his character arc and saw him go from a closed-off grunt from the beginning of the game to a caring father-figure by the end of it. If he's gonna die, you gotta do it properly. Not utterly disgracing him. 

15 hours ago, EIdain said:

It just goes to show how stupid so many people are. She's just the voice actor, it's not like she worked on the script and was responsible for the game's narrative direction. Of course not that death threats towards those who did work on the script are warranted either.

She's not the "voice actor," it's just "actor."

But yes I agree, the hate shouldn't be directed at Laura at all. She was just doing her job and she did it great actually. I appreciate her performance as much as I hate Abby. Cuckmann is the one people should be angry at, and as much as I hate him, I done condone death threats and things like that.

14 hours ago, Sicho said:

Then his character development went completely over your head from TLOU1. The vast majority of people love his character. Not because he's a "good person" necessarily, but because we saw him really make progress when comparing his identity from the beginning of the game to the end. This "bigotry" has NOTHING to do with it. None of us were expecting to play as Joel (it was a good prediction but not a given), we were buying an Ellie game and we all knew that. It's about how they disgraced him with no regard for writing him off properly. You either A. don't care about the franchise as much or B. you actually liked this game. The first game is beloved by millions and to wait seven years for this? Damn right people are going to hate on it. It did nothing but undermine the first one. 

• Like 3

I mean it does though. That petition has a purpose - to try and get the story change. Granted, it's very unlikely, but it serves a purpose. All you're doing is trying to say people don't have a right to be angry about the game. Like why are you saying the petition is bullshit? The story sucks, and naturally that means people will rally to change it. Just because you like it, doesn't mean the majority of people do. 

I never said anything about taking away a person's right to their emotions be it for creating that poll, creating this topic, any post, or any thought..

That's what you have done.

I've merely pointed out your hypocrisy.

Edited by TJ_Solo

I mean we've seen the same stupid arguments with Star Wars lately or with Game of Thrones... as soon as people don't get what they want, they cry like babies!

One of the reasons is because people seem to only be able to think binary and in extremes... something is either great or it's "the worst". There doesn't seem to be any room between them anymore.

Also, for me, by the end of TLOU1, Joel was a villain. He had no right at all to do what he did. He deserved to die at some point. The only thing that would have even been better was if Ellie would have killed him when she found out.
Basically the blood of every person that died of infection or due to the infected after the first game was on Joels hands. As Ellie says to him in one of the scenes in Part 2 "If only they would have been immune..."

2 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

It did nothing but undermine the first one. 

that's one of the stupidest things people say about this (or Star Wars, or GoT S8, or Mass Effect 3...)!
TLOU2 build perfectly upon the foundation of TLOU1! It did not undermine anything. What happened to Joel was actually a quite realistic scenario! But people don't want realism, they want their (power) fantasies and happy endings and what not ... right?

There was no way Joel would live after what the did in the first game!

There were only a handful of scenarios:

1) Ellie would kill him. But she choose to forgive him, good for her I guess ... which is btw one of the main themes of TLOU2: forgiveness! And because she remembered that she was "strong" enough to forgive Joel, she could also forgive Abby. Rightfully so, because what Joel did was so much worse! Ellie wanted revenge because Abby killed her dad figure! Joel killed Abbys dad as well as doomed humanities chances for a cure! If anybody thinks Ellies thirst for revenge is fair and legit, then Abby's is even more so!

2) The Fireflies would come for him (and guess what: they did!)

3) Someone random would kill him if they found out that he may have prevented a possible cure that could have saved humanity - even if the chances of the cure were slim. 1% chance at saving humanity is still 100% better than 0% after all.

There's a reason he kept it all and Ellie's immunity a secret! He told Tommy in Part 2 and in that sequence, it was very clear that he wasn't even sure to tell him what happened because he would not know how he would react and if it would doom him. If anybody else found out, they would have killed him right away!

4) He would have somehow being able to live because no one ever found out and no ex-firefly would ever stumble upon him and none of the friends and family of the doctors or others he killed to get Ellie out would have wanted revenge... come on, that would have been soooooooooooo bad! What kinda story would that be?

tldr: Joel surviving would have been shit, not realistic and very unsatisfactory. Also, the way he died was great, because it was not heroic at all. Which is what he deserved.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sicho said:

I mean we've seen the same stupid arguments with Star Wars lately or with Game of Thrones... as soon as people don't get what they want, they cry like babies!

One of the reasons is because people seem to only be able to think binary and in extremes... something is either great or it's "the worst". There doesn't seem to be any room between them anymore.

Also, for me, by the end of TLOU1, Joel was a villain. He had no right at all to do what he did. He deserved to die at some point. The only thing that would have even been better was if Ellie would have killed him when she found out.
Basically the blood of every person that died of infection or due to the infected after the first game was on Joels hands. As Ellie says to him in one of the scenes in Part 2 "If only they would have been immune..."

that's one of the stupidest things people say about this (or Star Wars, or GoT S8, or Mass Effect 3...)!
TLOU2 build perfectly upon the foundation of TLOU1! It did not undermine anything. What happened to Joel was actually a quite realistic scenario! But people don't want realism, they want their (power) fantasies and happy endings and what not ... right?

There was no way Joel would live after what the did in the first game!

There were only a handful of scenarios:

1) Ellie would kill him. But she choose to forgive him, good for her I guess ... which is btw one of the main themes of TLOU2: forgiveness! And because she remembered that she was "strong" enough to forgive Joel, she could also forgive Abby. Rightfully so, because what Joel did was so much worse! Ellie wanted revenge because Abby killed her dad figure! Joel killed Abbys dad as well as doomed humanities chances for a cure! If anybody thinks Ellies thirst for revenge is fair and legit, then Abby's is even more so!

2) The Fireflies would come for him (and guess what: they did!)

3) Someone random would kill him if they found out that he may have prevented a possible cure that could have saved humanity - even if the chances of the cure were slim. 1% chance at saving humanity is still 100% better than 0% after all.

There's a reason he kept it all and Ellie's immunity a secret! He told Tommy in Part 2 and in that sequence, it was very clear that he wasn't even sure to tell him what happened because he would not know how he would react and if it would doom him. If anybody else found out, they would have killed him right away!

4) He would have somehow being able to live because no one ever found out and no ex-firefly would ever stumble upon him and none of the friends and family of the doctors or others he killed to get Ellie out would have wanted revenge... come on, that would have been soooooooooooo bad! What kinda story would that be?

tldr: Joel surviving would have been shit, not realistic and very unsatisfactory. Also, the way he died was great, because it was not heroic at all. Which is what he deserved.

Who said he wouldn't die? We all knew he was going to die, but the way they wrote him out of the story couldn't have been worse. It made no logical sense how it happened (meeting Abby by pure chance, disclosing his and Tommy's identity, being unarmed, etc.). Besides, you can't just disgrace a beloved character people have been waiting seven years for especially when you deceive people in trailers by making it look like he stays alive. 

And I just read that you think Joel got what he deserved...you know, I think YOU'RE the villain. A villain has malicious intent, Joel just didn't want to see his surrogate daughter die, especially when she didn't even get to decide for herself. I'm not justifying what he did, but he definitely deserved better. 

2 hours ago, Juzota said:

Fictional character dies in a videogame and people are sending death threats to voice-actors. I hope that the fucking sun explodes and wipes us all out.

1. They're not "voice-actors," the correct term is "actors."

2. Those are probably underage kids. I can't imagine an adult behaving in such a way. 

2 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

I never said anything about taking away a person's right to their emotions be it for creating that poll, creating this topic, any post, or any thought..

That's what you have done.

I've merely pointed out your hypocrisy.

You're going in circles and contradicting yourself. You making this post, shows you have a problem with others speaking up about the story. If you think the petition is stupid, why even bother giving it any attention? What is the point in this forum post, seriously?

Edited by SuperSaiyan3985
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Still proves nothing. The fact that you buffoons are so butthurt about people rejecting an objectively trash story just comes to show how insecure you are. Enjoy your shitty game and let us protest in peace.

Yeah, people that actually followed his character arc and saw him go from a closed-off grunt from the beginning of the game to a caring father-figure by the end of it. If he's gonna die, you gotta do it properly. Not utterly disgracing him. 

She's not the "voice actor," it's just "actor."

But yes I agree, the hate shouldn't be directed at Laura at all. She was just doing her job and she did it great actually. I appreciate her performance as much as I hate Abby. Cuckmann is the one people should be angry at, and as much as I hate him, I done condone death threats and things like that.

Then his character development went completely over your head from TLOU1. The vast majority of people love his character. Not because he's a "good person" necessarily, but because we saw him really make progress when comparing his identity from the beginning of the game to the end. This "bigotry" has NOTHING to do with it. None of us were expecting to play as Joel (it was a good prediction but not a given), we were buying an Ellie game and we all knew that. It's about how they disgraced him with no regard for writing him off properly. You either A. don't care about the franchise as much or B. you actually liked this game. The first game is beloved by millions and to wait seven years for this? Damn right people are going to hate on it. It did nothing but undermine the first one. 

You must be trolling, lmao. If not, get some help.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

And I just read that you think Joel got what he deserved...you know, I think YOU'RE the villain. A villain has malicious intent, Joel just didn't want to see his surrogate daughter die, especially when she didn't even get to decide for herself. I'm not justifying what he did, but he definitely deserved better. 

I'm not saying that I would do anything different than he did, but still, it was selfish and "evil". It simply was not his decision to make - Ellie even says so herself! He had no right. Also, he had to kill innocents, that were just trying to do their job, to save her.

I mean, it's not like they intended to kill her! It's because the growth was attached to the brain and they could not do it differently. If they could, they would have. The doctor was not a bad person, he was trying to do the best with the given circumstances. And in Part 2 we even see how the doctor himself struggled with the decision. And we even see that he had a good heart, the zebra scene etc. Now, is Ellie's life worth more than the life of Abby's dad? If I remember correctly, Joel killed 5 or 6 people to get Ellie out - 6 deaths for one life! And that's even without taking the whole cure thing into account ;) Killing multiple innocent doctors etc. to save one life... well' it's problematic at least. He acted villainously.

By the way, it's not bad that he became a villain. It makes for interesting character development and was also basically the only way to let the story end with the possibility to have a sequel with Ellie in the future. But he had to die, for the reasons I stated in the posting above.

And I disagree that he was written out badly. He was killed by someone who was hunting him. Granted, Abby stumbled upon him by chance but they were there to look for him. If not for chance, they would have found him later on. And who knows, maybe then they would have been able to kill him without Ellie being there and her seing the group and their faces and then she couldn't have gone on her revenge trip ... ;)

31 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

You must be trolling, lmao. If not, get some help.

No, YOU must be trolling. The fact that you're acting as if all is fine and dandy with this game, and that millions aren't pissed off, shows that you're joke.

And you're poking fun at me referring to them as "actors," and not "voice-actors?" Are you really that thick? Clearly you don't know anything about how games are made these days.

23 minutes ago, Sicho said:

I'm not saying that I would do anything different than he did, but still, it was selfish and "evil". It simply was not his decision to make - Ellie even says so herself! He had no right. Also, he had to kill innocents, that were just trying to do their job, to save her.

I mean, it's not like they intended to kill her! It's because the growth was attached to the brain and they could not do it differently. If they could, they would have. The doctor was not a bad person, he was trying to do the best with the given circumstances. And in Part 2 we even see how the doctor himself struggled with the decision. And we even see that he had a good heart, the zebra scene etc. Now, is Ellie's life worth more than the life of Abby's dad? If I remember correctly, Joel killed 5 or 6 people to get Ellie out - 6 deaths for one life! And that's even without taking the whole cure thing into account ;) Killing multiple innocent doctors etc. to save one life... well' it's problematic at least. He acted villainously.

By the way, it's not bad that he became a villain. It makes for interesting character development and was also basically the only way to let the story end with the possibility to have a sequel with Ellie in the future. But he had to die, for the reasons I stated in the posting above.

And I disagree that he was written out badly. He was killed by someone who was hunting him. Granted, Abby stumbled upon him by chance but they were there to look for him. If not for chance, they would have found him later on. And who knows, maybe then they would have been able to kill him without Ellie being there and her seing the group and their faces and then she couldn't have gone on her revenge trip ... ;)

So put yourself in Joel's shoes, you lost your daughter twenty years ago and now, you've spent the last year or so protecting and fostering a new fatherhood with Ellie. You're just gonna stand idly by and let her die? It's easy for all of us to condemn Joel for what he did but most of us don't know what it's like to lose a child. Regardless, Joel is still a beloved character - whether his actions are just or not. Millions of people are pissed off at how he was handled in this game. 

• Like 2

You're going in circles and contradicting yourself. You making this post, shows you have a problem with others speaking up about the story. If you think the petition is stupid, why even bother giving it any attention? What is the point in this forum post, seriously?

I only had one point in addressing you. I've had to repeat that point because of your absurd responses about things I have not said.

It comes back to you being a hypocrite.Secondly, your misquoting of me makes you a liar too.  I don't expect you to acknowledge your own shortcomings but you repeatedly misquoting me will result in me correcting your again and again and again. 

Want to break the circle? Depending on your answer, then you might get end of the game to point that *needing* to change it wouldn't be a concern.

Edited by TJ_Solo

4 hours ago, Juzota said:

Fictional character dies in a videogame and people are sending death threats to voice-actors. I hope that the fucking sun explodes and wipes us all out.

So, your response to verbal outrage is...verbal outrage?

• Like 3