How to beat every boss + DLC [no damage, no Yokai abilities, no Sloth] video guides

sunashigure1

Which boss fight is the hardest to 'legit no damage' in your opinion?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which boss fight is the hardest to 'legit no damage' in your opinion?

• Otakemaru
    • Kashin Koji
    • Kasha
    • Shibata
    • Saika
    • Lady Osakabe
    • Dojo Masters
    • Saito Toshimitsu
    • Tokichiro
    • Daidara Bocchi

Hi, guys. My fellow Nioh 1 and 2 players.

Took me a lot of hours to record and edit everything, but I had to do it (Nioh 1 and 2 are my favourite PS4 games). My no damage runs / no cheese / no Carnage / no Sloth etc. Dojo masters included. Occasional Barrier Talisman (for Ki regen) and Levitation used. Two bosses from Beta, Kamaitachi and Yatsu, excluded (made guides for them back then).

Added some guides for Yasakani (Abduction), 500 human kills farm, revenants smithing texts, Soul Cores and such. Hopefully it will help someone or just kill the time (we all are waiting for more content).

Will try to answer any question you may have. For build, starting from Lady Osakabe, Red Demon set and Ii clan (A in both agility and Toughness) exclusively.

The hardest bosses to 'no damage' were Kasha, Kashin Koji, Otakemaru, Saika Magoichi, Ninja Hanzo and Lady Osakabe.

Particularly happy with my pre-nerf Shibata fight (took me 8 minutes), the one with Saika and all fights with the Dojo Masters.

Gotta say, Saito Toshimitsu (the newly added boss) was super fun to fight against.

Also, working on my Calamity's Pulse and Wave of Terror no damage. Won't be playing other games anytime soon.

Nioh 2 is awesome!

EDIT: Will be covering all bosses in every DLC (no damage / no Sloth / no Yokai powers), Dojo Masters included. Good luck to anyone going for those Crusher titles!

Edited by sunashigure1
DLC guides added
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 8:41 PM, Neme-ita said:

Can't wait i have problem with 1 vs 1 Yoshitsune and Benkei 

Yoshitsune is strong; definitely an enemy no one should underestimate. He's vulnerable after his grab attempt (while outside of the Dark Realm) and after his combos. Punishment should be swift, because he does recover fast. Phantom Burst Counter is great vs his red aura moves. Interestingly enough, he has a lot of HP in coop mode. Other fancy trick is to headshot him with a cannonball, while he is on the ledge. This will result in him falling down (with no Ki) and getting the hidden bronze trophy - "Tengu Crusher".

As for my Nioh 2 no damage series, all of the DLC #2 main bosses have been uploaded (no damage, no Yokai powers, no items, Dream of the Demon difficulty - NG++). Side missions' bosses are on the way, even the mighty (Kylo) Ren Hayabusa. Hopefully it will help someone. Good luck to anyone playing!

• 2 months later...

All bosses are now recorded (main game + DLC 1, 2 and 3). Nightmare Bringer (Dream of the Wise; NG+++) will be visible soon. Had a blast, what an amazing game.

It should help with the 100% trophies completion, crusher titles and the overall farming process, items and such. Will be uploading side bosses and some other Nioh 2 related guides. If someone has any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer. I'm a busy person, but can help with the deepest of Depths (online coop, new challenging mode,) too. Just send me a message via PSN.

No damage, no items, no Yokai powers Tate Eboshi (DLC #3, The First Samurai):

• Like 1

On 1.02.2021 at 8:56 PM, Neme-ita said:

Thx man can't wait for this 

My pleasure! It's an amazing game, for sure. You won't be disappointed.

On 5.02.2021 at 0:44 AM, SolidJD said:

This is so impressive. I’m not very good at Nioh games so thanks for the video. Might need to get a coop partner for this game. 

Thanks and you're welcome! I believe you'll be able to conquer any game (Nioh 2 included) - just don't give up, analyse your mistakes and you'll improve fast. Perseverance and knowledge. Coop partner definitely helps, but you can beat everything on your own too. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Interestingly enough, if you own a PS5 and completed Nioh 2 fully (on PS4; in terms of trophies, all 3 DLC included) and transfer your saves - you will unlock 76 trophies right away, the moment you launch the game.

The trophies you'll unlock instantly (base game, 46 in total) are as follows: Samurai of Legend, The Beginning of a Samurai, Full-fledged Samurai, Dawn of a Dream, An Electrifying Triumph, Hideyoshi, The Paths We Tread, Dream’s Toll, Mother and Child, What is Written, Dream Within a Dream, A Weapon’s Mind, Sword Master, Dual Sword Master, Spear Master, Axe Master, Kusarigama Master, Odachi Master, Tonfa Master, Hatchet Master, Switchglaive Master, Ninjutsu Master, Onmyo Magic Master, Burst Breaker, Match Made in Heaven, Latest Masterpiece, Remodeling Novice, Tea Connoisseur, Lover of Letters, Trinket Triumph, Teamwork, Help Wanted, Twilight Walker, Spa Healer, Spa Lover, Yokai Quelling Master, Kodama Leader, Friend of Guardians, Sudama Swapper, Core Score, Friend to the Kodama, Soul Searcher, Fuse It or Lose It, Seasoned Traveler, Let There Be Light, Dungball Roller,

-you will need to unlock those trophies again (9): Grazer Eraser, Hidden Hopes, Clean Sweep, Devout Believer, Seven Wonders, Feather Buster, Bold Wrangler, Schemer, Peal of Ten Thousand Balls.

-for the DLC 1 (The Tengu's Disciple), you will unlock 10 trophies right away: A Kindred Light, The Will to Fight, Casting Out the Shadows, Genpei Samurai, Genpei Demon, Kodama General, Splitstaff Master, Poetry in Motion, Spa Addict, Demonic Parade-Goer. You will need to unlock those trophies again (3): Sundering Arrows, Heretical Glow, Tengu Crusher,

-for the DLC 2 (Darkness in the Capital), you will unlock 10 trophies right away: The Demon and the Phoenix, Guardian of the Gate, What Must Be Done, Heian Samurai, Heian Demon, Kodama Pathfinder, Fist Master, Spa Fanatic, The Ultimate Recognition, Behind the Bamboo Blinds. You will ned to unlock those trophies again (3): The Flame That Lights the Darkness, Tsuchigumo Exterminated, True Atonement,

-for the DLC 3 (The First Samurai), you will unlock 10 trophies right away: All Things Begin, A Dream of Peace, The Original Samurai, The Original Demon, Spirit Guide, Scent of Danger, Spa Connoisseur, A Friend Indeed, Way of the Vanquisher, The Path We've Taken. You will need to unlock those trophies again (3): Cleansing Caskmaster, The Demons' Den, Honoring the Dead.

Edited by sunashigure1

• 4 months later...
On 6/21/2022 at 10:18 AM, Brightblade76 said:

Hit a brick wall with Yomi, I've cleared the first dlc and every mission in the second one so far no sweat, but Lightning Goddes Yomi is giving me a hard time, with her huge hp pool, cheap aoe garbage and almost tracking projectiles. Tedious and not fun fight.

Yeah, she's the real deal - especially her rangy AoE attacks. Most bosses won't put so much pressure, she's something else. You have to play super defensively, basically. She punishes aggro without any mercy.

Don't forget you can use the Lightningstop Talisman for much more resistance in this fight. It's huge.

In case you didn't watch:

Best of luck.

18 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Thanks, I've managed to defeat her not long after posting in this thread, ranting always pays off lol

I've also defeated Hayabusa, staying on the run he did not give me too much trouble.

Anytime. Glad to see you progressing so fast! Hayabusa is one of the strongest bosses in Nioh 2, so kudos to you for beating him, smoothly. Keep up the great work.

50 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Otakemaru in the third dlc is far worse, it will require dream of the demon level gear to defeat him solo, something I'm not willing to do atm. Time to play something else as I'm almost burned out by the game.

I can definitely relate to you. It’s a long game to get all trophies for. At best, I was average on my best days but don’t think you need ethereal-level weapons. What @sunashigure1 has done is great but he’s spent hundreds, if not thousands, of hours mastering the game. Trophy hunters just want the trophies before moving on to the next game. I struggled as well but if I could suggest something, it’d be using the clay bells. Didn’t find out about it until very late in the DLC. They’re pretty OP at draining humans and yokai from their Ki. You can always summon 2 and just before they disappear, you can summon the 3rd one so you’ll have all 3 at the same time on a full bar. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

I can definitely relate to you. It’s a long game to get all trophies for. At best, I was average on my best days but don’t think you need ethereal-level weapons. What @sunashigure1 has done is great but he’s spent hundreds, if not thousands, of hours mastering the game. Trophy hunters just want the trophies before moving on to the next game. I struggled as well but if I could suggest something, it’d be using the clay bells. Didn’t find out about it until very late in the DLC. They’re pretty OP at draining humans and yokai from their Ki. You can always summon 2 and just before they disappear, you can summon the 3rd one so you’ll have all 3 at the same time on a full bar. 

Tried them, they actually drain his ki pretty fast but, the hell, I thoroughly explored every mission so far, collecting insane amounts of gear and leveling up consistently, I barely hit for 400-500 damage and get destroyed in three hits if I get caught in a combo. Wanted to clear at least the game and the three dlc on base difficulty before taking a break, seems it will not happen as, after 133 hours, I'm not in the mood to clear higher difficulties right now just to overcome one op boss. As I did with other pretty long games, I'll get back at it every now and then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Tried them, they actually drain his ki pretty fast but, the hell, I thoroughly explored every mission so far, collecting insane amounts of gear and leveling up consistently, I barely hit for 400-500 damage and get destroyed in three hits if I get caught in a combo. Wanted to clear at least the game and the three dlc on base difficulty before taking a break, seems it will not happen as, after 133 hours, I'm not in the mood to clear higher difficulties right now just to overcome one op boss. As I did with other pretty long games, I'll get back at it every now and then.

I know what you mean. I was totally burned out by the end, especially since I got both games done back to back. It stinks the one and only advice I had didn't work lol couldn't tell you anything cuz I was bad at it. What a lacked in skills, more than made up for it in stubbornness lol that's about the only reason why I got the game done. Do give yourself a break. I'm sure it'll help out 

• Like 1

It doesn't help the fact that I've wasted quite a few bells to get the scampus soul core lol. I'll give it one last try extending the scampus duration.

Edit. Damn, I did it lol. It also helped the fact that I could summon a level 5 npc that lasted a good while during the fight.

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

It doesn't help the fact that I've wasted quite a few bells to get the scampus soul core lol. I'll give it one last try extending the scampus duration.

Edit. Damn, I did it lol. It also helped the fact that I could summon a level 5 npc that lasted a good while during the fight.

Yooooo.... congrats ✊

• Like 2

Tate went down too, took less than expected. I think I'll manage to get every trophy with the current build beside the ones involving that boss rush mission and the ones tied to DOD difficulty, then I'll slowly work on going till Dream Of The Nioh while platting other games inbetween.

• Like 1