Your Top 10 Playstation 4 Games ?

Cloudbahamut

I haven't played much games from this generation, but for those I've played here are my top games for PS4 (this list isn't PS4 exclusive games but they are available and can be played on PS4 too):

1. Uncharted 4

2. God of War

3. Marvel's Spider-Man

4. Dragon Quest XI

5. Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom

6. Final Fantasy VII Remake

7. Nier Automata

8. Megaman 11

9. Megaman X Legacy Collection

10. Trails of Cold Steel 1

Honorable mention:

1. Final Fantasy XV (pretty sure I am one of the those few who liked the game)

2. Kingdom Hearts 3 (not on my profile yet as i've not yet sync my trophies)

3. Order 1886 (again, like FFXV, I liked this game and i'm still hoping for a sequel)

4. Ratchet and Clank (im very happy a new R&C have been announced for PS5)

5. Final Fantasy Type-0 (I was lost with the story, but really like the skirmish part of the game)

After having platinumed TLOU 2 and almost finished Horizon Zero Dawn I have to post an updated list. Again NO Remasters ! :

1. Final Fantasy VII Remake
2. The Last of Us Part 2
3. Spider-Man
4. Rise of the Tomb Raider
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Resident Evil 3
7. Resident Evil 2
8. Devil May Cry 5
9. Resident Evil 7
10. Batman: Arkham Knight

Will get Doom Eternal next month and Avengers in September so the list can change in a few months again. Will update when it does.

• Like 1

Tough not to include remaster/remake/ports. No particular order; subject to change:

Maneater

Bloodborne

Alienation

Strange Brigade

Infamous First Light

Marvel's Spider-Man

Doom (2016)

Torchlight 2

Tesla vs Lovecraft

Horizon Zero Dawn

28 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Tough not to include remaster/remake/ports. No particular order; subject to change:

Maneater

Bloodborne

Alienation

Strange Brigade

Infamous First Light

Marvel's Spider-Man

Doom (2016)

Torchlight 2

Tesla vs Lovecraft

Horizon Zero Dawn

Remakes and Ports are fine as long as they originated in this gen of consoles. Remakes in particular are completely new games so they count. I just wanted to make this thread about this generations games and most remasters tend to be games from previous gen consoles so that didn't feel right since these games already existed before the PS4 came out.

I included Rise of the Tomb Raider in my list which technically is a port since the game was originally released on X-Box One and the PS4 release was one year later so it technically was a port. But since that game was never released on a Playstation console before and was released in this gen of consoles (not on PS3) I included it.

So the only guideline really is that it have to be games originally released after November 2013 and they must be available on PS4.

Edited by Cloudbahamut

On 7/20/2020 at 4:43 PM, YureiKuma said:

I've got copies of Ghost of Tsushima and Resident Evil 7 I haven't gotten to yet that might yet bump off Hitman or MGSV.

For now my goal is finishing full completion on those ten titles before PS5 launches!

Only been a week but finishing Ghost of Tsushima had me reconsider a few things. It does end up bumping MGS V off the list purely through GoT's strength of execution and beauty, and even if it isn't a terribly innovative title I really enjoyed it. However, the entire time I played I couldn't stop thinking "This is amazing but imagine if the Witcher ran this good, I wish I was playing the Witcher". So I shuffled things around a little bit.

1. The Witcher III (will probably start NG+ pretty soon)

2. Death Stranding

3. Bloodborne

4. Nier Automata

5. Yakuza Kiwami 2

6. Persona 5 (need to do NG+ later in the year)

7. Monster Hunter World

8. Ghost of Tsushima

9. Resident Evil 2 (will do the DLC eventually)

10. Hitman 2 (will 100% once I sign back up for PS+)

I kind of lost interest in starting RE7 and might give my copy to a friend instead, and my only other plans for new games are remaster/rereleases (Trails of Cold Steel) so I don't expect this to change again. Hitman 3 can import all of Hitman 1 and 2, and it's a safe bet I'll pick that up but it probably won't change any rankings.

In order, from GOAT to FLOAT:

1. FF7R

2. Sekiro

3. Nioh series (1&2)

4. Rainbow Six Siege

5. Dark Souls 3

6. The Surge Series (1&2)

7. Bloodbourne

8. Witcher 3

9. Salt and Sanctuary

10. - RESERVED -

Number 10 will be either TLoU 2 (hmm.. maybe..) or another samurai game ghost of tsushima...  hell it could be neither one of those, tbh it probably won't be.. it most likely will be elden ring or mortal shell.. salt and sanctuary might leave the list when these two juggernauts get released on PS4

1. God of war

2. Witcher 3

3. Sekiro

4. Resident Evil 2 remake 

5. Bloodborne

6. Persona 5

7. Nioh

8.Ghost of Tsushima

9. Resident Evil 7

10. Final Fantasy VII reamke

The past 2 or 3 years has had some really good games, honestly looking back this gen has probably had one of the best send offs of any console especially this year which has had bangers like ffviir, Doom Eternal, and Ghost of Tsushima with more to come later with cyberpunk and spiderman. Hell of a year and great console generation.

• Like 2

Ill preface this by saying I dont buy a lot of major games, so Ive missed out a lot during this generation - but here we go:

1. Last of Us Part 2
  2. Spider-Man
  3. Last of Us Remastered
  4. Uncharted 4
  5. Wolfenstein: The New Order
  6. The Outer Worlds
  7. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  8. Life is Strange
  9. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
  10. Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection

This was very difficult and liable to change by the day, but as of right now mine are:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 

2. The Last of Us Part II

3. Hellblade 

4. Gran Turismo Sport 

5. Death Stranding 

6. Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy 

7. Days Gone

8. God of War

9. Hyper Light Drifter 

10. MGSV: The Phantom Pain

Honourable mentions to DOOM, Marvel's Spider-Man and GTAV (which I'm not sure would count). I'm also yet to play Ghost of Tsushima so this list may well be shaken up before the generation comes to an end. 

• Like 2

Hopefully third party games are allowed, if so: 

1. Persona 5/Persona 5 Royal

2. Red Dead Redemption II

3. Bloodborne

4. Monster Hunter World (including Iceborne) 

5. Sekiro 

6. God of War (2018)

7. Marvel's Spiderman

8. Dragon Quest XI

9. Horizon: Zero Dawn

10. Batman Arkham Knight

FF7 Remake almost made my top 10 but to me there's too much jank on the technical side of things that took away from me being able to fully appreciate it when I was playing it. Ghost of Tsushima was a fun, cinematic game; an unapologetic love letter to Kurosawa. It was beautiful to look at but unfortunately my copy of the game was riddled with countless bugs that did dampen the overall experience. Also, from a gameplay point of view Ghost of Tsushima for me didn't really break any new ground in the open world aventure genre. It's what we've already seen from Horizon Zero Dawn and the more recent AC titles. I expected something more unique. With TLOU2, while I appreciate their boldness with the story, the execution and pacing of the game really brings down the entire game for me.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

Ok here is my personal top 10:

1. Persona 5

2. Yakuza Kiwami 2

3. Yakuza 0

4. Horizon Zero Dawn

5. Tomb Raider

6, Rise of the Tomb Raider

7. Shadow of the Tomb Raider

8. Watchdogs 2

9. Assassin's Creed 4

10. Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Games that I still haven't played but looking forward to: Spiderman, Witcher 3 and Ghost of Tsushima.

Edited by DJ_KamurochoVibe
Changes

Some may switch order but this is it overall:

1. Persona 5 Royal

2. Yakuza 0

3. Nier Automata

4. Bloodborne

5. The Last of Us

6. Judgement

7. Sekiro

8. Devil May Cry 5

9. Crypt of The Necrodancer

10. Uncharted 4

Edited by The_UW_98

4 hours ago, MARlNERO said:

Only 5 guys mentioned RDR 2

That's because it's not that great of a game to play.

The story, graphics and sound is great but the gameplay itself is lackluster. The mechanics are borderline passable and once you start to try and play a way the game hasn't instructed you to. You get punished. It honestly feels like GTA V's combat was better and I'm not too big a fan of that either.

Again, it's a good game overall but the main aspect for me is gameplay and that's were it's lacking so it wouldn't be any way near my top 10 personally.

Edited by The_UW_98

Picking just 10 games from this packing generation was quite a task... nevertheless (in no order):

• Bloodborne
  • Yakuza 0
  • Nioh 2
  • AstroBot
  • Two Point Hospital
  • Dishonored 2
  • Beat Saber
  • Trails of Cold Steel series
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Hitman 2

honourable mention: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, RAD, The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners, Judgment

Edited by Raveniteh

I'm not listing remasters and crossplatform releases (PS3/PS4) that came mainly for the PS3 here, so it recudes the amount of possible games for me a lot:

1. CoD WW2

2. Uncharted 4

3. Crash Bandicoot Nsane Trilogy

4. Wolfenstein The New Order

5. A Plague Tale Innocence

6. Battlefield Hardline

7. Star Wars Battlefront (1)

8. Titanfall 2

9. Batman Arkham Knight

10. The Last of Us 2

I still have a lot of great PS4 games on my to do list so i assume this list wont be the same forever

1 Red dead redemption 2

2 titanfall 2

3 call of duty modern warfare

(2019)

4 Call of duty wwII

5 Sniper elite 4

6 The order 1886

7 Mad max

8 Call of duty black ops cold war

9 Call of duty infinte warfare

10 zombie army 4

Honorable mention days gone

Edited by nuta1
update

1.   The Last of Us 2

2.   Witcher 3

3.   The Last of Us Remastered 

4.   Final Fantasy 7 Remake 

5.   Horizon 

6.   RDR2

7.   Bloodborne 

8.   Uncharted 4
9.   Days Gone

10. Death Stranding

Honorable Mentions

A Plague Tale

Life is Strange
AC Origins/Odyssey 

Nioh

Actually, I have given this a lot of thought lately. I came to PS4 pretty late (think it was two years ago), cause I started this gen with an Xbox One. Ever since, I have been trying to catch up, while also splitting my time with my One (even though the time spent on each console is about 60-40, in favor of the PS4).

There have been some fantastic games this generation and some great remakes too (which was ideal for me, since I basically skipped the entire previous generation). So many that, in fact, my drafted list included ~29 games. Therefore, I had to do a lot of trimming, choosing to remove games I haven't finished and haven't spent enough time with them (sorry, Bloodborne), all but one games in a franchise and games that couldn't quite reach top 10 status (notably Deus Ex: Mankind Divided). Personally, I would "rank" my favorite games in tiers, seems more fair that way.

Some honorable mentions, because I feel like I would do most of these games an injustice by not, at least, mentioning them: FirewatchFlowerTransistor (or any other game from Supergiant Games), Final Fantasy XV (only because I engaged with the anime, the movie and all the side stuff outside of the game) and Marvel's Spider-Man.

Without further ado, this is my list:

• Yakuza 0 If I could, I would include all three Yakuza (Kiwami / Kiwami 2) games that I have played so far. What a game!
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Like above, I could put the entire series here, but this was my favorite one, since it improved the gameplay so much and the story was phenomenal.
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn I could not create a list without my very first PS4 game. And a great one at that.
  • The Last Guardian Despite being frustrated with it on a few occasions, the story and the journey was well worth it.
  • Journey It's in the name, do I need to say more? One of a kind.
  • The Last of Us Part II Yes, this one. Mainly because it vastly improved the gameplay and the AI from the first game (which bothered me a lot). Story wise, I found it equally brilliant like the first game.
  • Death Stranding Unique, simple as that.
  • NieR: Automata Loved every single bit of it. Told its story in a fascinating way.
  • God of War Seriously, every aspect of it was exceptional. and…
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 Greatness.

I expect my list will change in the near feature, once I go through my backlog (which include games like MGSV: The Phantom Pain, Persona 5 and Shadow of the Colossus, among others) or when Cyberpunk lands (all aboard the HYPE train ?).

• Like 2

Doing a top 10 is tough, my top 2 are set in stone but anything after....well they could go in any order. 

1. Bloodborne

2. Persona 5

3. Horizon: Zero Dawn

4. Dark Souls III

5. NieR:Automata

6. God of War

7. Kingdom Hearts III

8. Dragon Ball FighterZ

9. Trails of Cold Steel (I know it's a remaster but I'd never played it before)

10. Batman Arkham Knight