Driver categories

• 3 years later...
On 2020-06-27 at 2:12 PM, mika8276 said:

So far i have earned bronze but i have no clue what i did to receive it

It popped after doing some hotlaps

so what are the requirements for bronze, silver, gold and platinum

Hi, because you already created a topic about it, I take this opportunity to talk about it because I'm working on the last two trophies of driver category, the gold and the platinum ones.

Actually, the game explains very well how works each category and how it evaluates each of them in the evaluation section from the statistics option.

Getting the bronze driver category is the easiest one because when you start a race for the first time, at the top right, you will see how to earn points from each category:

• TR (Track Competence)
  • CN (Consistency)
  • CC (Car control)
  • PC (Pace)
  • SA (Safety)
  • RC (Racecraft)
  • CP (Competition)

After you finish the race, you will then see the value of each category. So to tackle each of them, I will recommend to do them in this order:

1. TR because you just need to do hot lap for each track, and the tip to get three stars, you just need to do 4 laps in night condition if I remember well, In daylight condition, it will take more few laps.
  2. SA and RC are both linked because the first one is to be able to follow closely a car for a couple of laps and the RC is to simply overtake cars. It will take a large of amount of time, I still didn't even reach the value of 80. Be aware, sometimes just one accident will decrease to one or two points your SA. Then to get back the points it will take 3 or 4 laps without accident and following the car perfectly.
  3. CC first because the tip for CN will affect the CC. So for this one, just need to do hot laps in a good rythme and to get perfect corners, not driving too slow, going off track or losing control of the car. It can take times but it will increase properly
  4. For CN, you just need to choose Brands Hatch track, any car and to choose the first gear for pitstop (there is an option for that so activate it) and then you just need to do laps in 50km/h. It will take 8 or 10 laps to get 99
  5. For PC, unfortunately it only works with special event and this one is currently not available so we can't do anything about it. Too bad because it can help to make easier reaching each driving category
  6. For CP, it simply to play on multiplayer but the conditions are really difficult because it says, it's depend of the final result and the length race is minimum one hour. I didn't even try it out because I don't wanna mess up my total evaluation. So for the sake of these trophies, don't play multiplayer until you get these.

At the moment, I need to get the gold and platinum category. My total evaluation points is 88 so 8815 points.

• TR (Track Competence) - 99
  • CN (Consistency) - 76
  • CC (Car control) - 93
  • PC (Pace) - 0
  • SA (Safety) - 64
  • RC (Racecraft) - 74
  • CP (Competition) - 0

For the record, I'm playing the game on the PS5 version with the latest version 1.9.1.2

I don't remember exactly which is the minimum total points to get the bronze and silver category but my guess is like:

• Bronze - 6000
  • Silver - 7000
  • Gold - 9000
  • Platinum - 9500

Will update my post if I find the exact total points for each category and obviously, my progressing about these trophies.

Good luck everyone! I feel like it's really time-consuming and need more focus and patience than the career mode.

My total evaluation points is 9562 after FIA platinum driver category.

• CN (Consistency) - 99
  • CC (Car control) - 98
  • PC (Pace) - 0
  • SA (Safety) - 97
  • RC (Racecraft) - 96
  • CP (Competition) - 0

Just need to make Special Event available so I'll have my ACC platinum on PS4. Wake up, Kunos. ?

• Like 1

On 2023-07-15 at 2:48 PM, Smashguy said:

My total evaluation points is 9562 after FIA platinum driver category.

• CN (Consistency) - 99
  • CC (Car control) - 98
  • PC (Pace) - 0
  • SA (Safety) - 97
  • RC (Racecraft) - 96
  • CP (Competition) - 0

Just need to make Special Event available so I'll have my ACC platinum on PS4. Wake up, Kunos. 1f620.png

This is a good idea of how much points we should achieve to get the platinum driver category, thanks :)

I finally found a good article which explains the different gap points to get each category and when you can unlock the category: https://trinacriasimracing.wordpress.com/acc-the-driver-rating-system/

So I got the gold driver category yesterday and I can confirm that I had to maintain my requirement points for this category for about 250km. However I feel like through the updates, they change the gap points but I'm not sure about it.

So before, I was on silver driver category with 8781 points and these evaluations:

• CN (Consistency) - 76
  • CC (Car control) - 94
  • PC (Pace) - 0
  • SA (Safety) - 60
  • RC (Racecraft) - 71
  • CP (Competition) - 0

I use to race on Brands Hatch so at that time, I did like 1969,4km.

I got the gold driver category when I reached 9201 points and these evaluations:

• CN (Consistency) - 90
  • CC (Car control) - 90
  • PC (Pace) - 0
  • SA (Safety) - 80
  • RC (Racecraft) - 85
  • CP (Competition) - 0

My total km for Brands Hatch was then 2276,9km so I did like 307,5km to maintain my total points above 9000 points to be able to unlock the gold driver category.

I continue to keep driving on Brands Hatch track on night condition with drain rain but will check if I race on daylight, it will remain the same to get the points of each evaluation. Apparently, it seems that if you race at night with difficult weather condition, it increase the chance to get more points for each evaluation.

So now, I just need to continue increase my evaluation points for SA and RC and eventually my CN and CC. Too bad I can use the special event to get more evaluation for the PC because it will help a lot to reach 9500 points.

Very good news, I got the trophy "Best of the best" this morning!

So like other players who didn't get the trophy "Special Event" because it's not available at the moment, I virtually got the platinum trophy of this game!

So it did really work fine about the SA, I found a new tip to increase the points of this category by reading comments from different YouTube videos about the rating system of the game.

So at first, I still needed to increase my RC and SA both, so I kept racing at night on rain condition at Brands Hatch starting at the last position of the grid of 20 cars. Then when I reached 99 for RC, I decided to race again with the same weather condition but just with one car and I set the aggressiveness of the IA to 95% and the difficulty still at 85%. With a length race of 30 minutes, I could get 3 points of SA. 

So to resume:

• Get points for RC and SA - Race of 30 minutes or 1 hour, night and light rain condition, 20 cars, start at the last position, aggressiveness of the IA to 95% and difficulty to 85%
  • Get points for SA only - Race of 30 minutes, night and light rain conditions, 2 cars, start at the second position,  aggressiveness of the IA to 95% and difficulty to 85%

So I got the trophy with a total points of 9569 and a total of kilometer distance at Brands Hatch of 3070,4.

When I reached the minimum points to be in the platinum driver category, I had 2846,7km done at Brands Hatch and a total points of 9511, so it took me around 223,7km to be able to get the trophy. Maybe I did like 30km between 9500 and 9511 when I was racing to increase my RC and SA.

My final evaluation for each category:

• CN (Consistency) - 96
  • CC (Car control) - 93
  • PC (Pace) - 0
  • SA (Safety) - 99
  • RC (Racecraft) - 99
  • CP (Competition) - 0

For the consistency, you can work on that while you race very close to the car in front of you to get points from SA and RC because the IA does averagely the same time lap almost. So I got lucky and could go from 83 to 93 in just two races. 

So I'm done with this game because I'm waiting the developers to release a special event to get the last trophy. I will start to work on a trophy guide but only for the PS5 version because I only play on this version and also because the bugs are really different between the PS4 and the PS5 version apparently. 

• 4 months later...

I’ve found a way to increase SA pretty fast, it might work when for RC too but i’m 99 so I can’t test it. I’ll use the term “xp” when describing increases in ratings just for ease.

Start a race with 1 opponent, 80% AI skill and any AI aggressiveness, it doesn’t really matter. Set it to Night, Light rain and length to 30m. The length of the race might be a factor in this, so do 30m to be safe. I started doing this on Silverstone but a shorter track might be more efficient depending on how the xp is awarded.

So you’ll want to tail the AI closely for maximum SA, do this until the last lap. Once you’re in the final lap, make a manual save around the 59s mark. Once a minute passes, you can no longer save on the final lap. I’m not sure if this applies to all maps, which is why I say a shorter map could be more efficient. Keep tailing and finish the race. You’ll notice when you’re back to the menu that your SA will have gone up. If you keep loading the save and tailing to the finish line, you’ll be effectively gaining one SA point per half lap because of the significant increase in xp once the race has finished.

Note that it may be possible to get more “xp” from the final lap with a longer overall race depending on how the xp is awarded. I’m not sure if this works because the final lap gives more xp or if it’s just awarding you more at the end of the race from your overall race performance. Either way, it’s awarded at the end so the final lap is the most important. This should work for RC and perhaps CC. It won’t work for consistency since the lap you save on isn’t timed again once you reload it.

Edit: It seems once you hit around 60 it takes two reloads for a SA point, and at 90 it’s upwards of 5. I’ve still found this to be much quicker than full races, but it definitely slows down once you’re in the 80’s area. Also if you hit the car by accident you can just pause and close app. It takes a few seconds to actually deduct the point.

Edited by Darkette
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 6:45 PM, Darkette said:

I’ve found a way to increase SA pretty fast, it might work when for RC too but i’m 99 so I can’t test it. I’ll use the term “xp” when describing increases in ratings just for ease.

Start a race with 1 opponent, 80% AI skill and any AI aggressiveness, it doesn’t really matter. Set it to Night, Light rain and length to 30m. The length of the race might be a factor in this, so do 30m to be safe. I started doing this on Silverstone but a shorter track might be more efficient depending on how the xp is awarded.

So you’ll want to tail the AI closely for maximum SA, do this until the last lap. Once you’re in the final lap, make a manual save around the 59s mark. Once a minute passes, you can no longer save on the final lap. I’m not sure if this applies to all maps, which is why I say a shorter map could be more efficient. Keep tailing and finish the race. You’ll notice when you’re back to the menu that your SA will have gone up. If you keep loading the save and tailing to the finish line, you’ll be effectively gaining one SA point per half lap because of the significant increase in xp once the race has finished.

Note that it may be possible to get more “xp” from the final lap with a longer overall race depending on how the xp is awarded. I’m not sure if this works because the final lap gives more xp or if it’s just awarding you more at the end of the race from your overall race performance. Either way, it’s awarded at the end so the final lap is the most important. This should work for RC and perhaps CC. It won’t work for consistency since the lap you save on isn’t timed again once you reload it.

Edit: It seems once you hit around 60 it takes two reloads for a SA point, and at 90 it’s upwards of 5. I’ve still found this to be much quicker than full races, but it definitely slows down once you’re in the 80’s area. Also if you hit the car by accident you can just pause and close app. It takes a few seconds to actually deduct the point.

Thank you. Can confirm this works and wanted to add that you don‘t even have to actively try to get close to the enemy to get the trust at the end of the race. It looks like there is a bonus system in place for finishing races: after a 10 minute race you get 2 trust, after 30 minutes it’s 6 trust so my guess is 1 hour would give you 12 trust and so on. 

One more thing to add regarding saves: you can save the race until the timer reaches 0, regardless of lap time. 

Edited by Koro249

• 1 month later...

It seems like the last update borked saves. Everytime I try to load my save the game crashes. :')

Others report the same issue recently.

Spoiler

The issue has been fixed with the latest patch version 1.009.008

Edited by Mori

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2023 at 5:45 PM, Darkette said:

I love you for this. This'll save me a lot of hassle.

• Like 1

Damn, I just tested out the safety boost method above and it hasn't worked for me. Every time I cross the finish line with my save, it's as though no progress was made. My trust points don't change after the finish line. 

Edit: My BWP is 2000, this is wild. I did the afk disqualifying method in career, not knowing it would punish me for safety down the line. I am in deep water in terms of how long left I have now. 

Edited by Flynnerigan