Trophy Thoughts

Rune_Crys

What do you think about this game? I am glad that the game that came on Nintendo Switch came here, but the trophy list is really eh. Not even a platinum which is sad considering that the Switch version has DLC where you can play as Shantae or Shovel Knight.

9 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

How sad that this game doesn't have a plat but other smaller games do, I still not understand what is the requirements for a game to have a platinum trophy... It's the developer the one that request it?

That's stupid right?! The Mayo game has a platinum from just mashing a button, but others like Spelunky, which could potentially take like 100 hours to get every trophy, doesn't have one lol

My guess is that it is based on content. Some developers probably don't want people earning platinum trophies from easier shorter games. In other words maybe there are certain criteria games have to meet ( i.e difficulty, length of single player campaign, amount of trophies in general) for them to merit putting in a platinum trophy. Like if there are only 15 available trophies to earn in game A and there are 35 in game B, then game B gets a platinum cause it makes more sense. This answer is based on absolutely nothing, just my guess. Makes enough sense though.

20 hours ago, shadowTECnology said:

No platinum is pretty disappointing, I agree with that; especially considering I ordered the PS4 Collectors Edition for both games from Limited Run Games.  I do enjoy getting platinums.

However...

Not playing the games because there is no platinum is pretty stupid though.  I hate this mentality.  But whatever floats your boat I guess 1f644.png 

This, the game it self looks fun.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, FlareZero said:

This, the game it self looks fun.

The original was one of my favorites on the NES when I was like 6-7 =D  It was challenging for my age.  If you don't know Flare, Zero is based off the original and is basically the same game with just a few improvements, obviously graphics being one of them.  Zero 2 as far as I am aware of was their own attempt at creating a new entry to the franchise; however, they could have took elements from the original sequel(s).  That I am not 100% on though since I never got Zero 2.

If you plan on getting them, I hope you enjoy them.  I have to wait until I get my CE from Limited Run Games.  But I have already have at least Zero on my Switch for a couple years now so I am in no rush.

Edited by shadowTECnology
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Zero on Switch. Played half of Zero 2. Both are a lot of fun! But I don't think I'll double-dip without a plat. Still might get the newest DLC for Zero 2 and finish on Switch.

If you enjoyed the classic, try Zero and if you enjoy that try Zero 2.

• 6 months later...

Ugh. The Destroyer Mode is a pain in the rear. Jason gets restricted on weaponry (enemies become invulnerable to the most of his arsenal) and SOPHIAIII gets a projectile retribution on every destroyed enemy. Not to mention more health on mutants in general. Not exactly enjoyable to say the least.

• 6 months later...
37 minutes ago, Tweronion said:

I intend to get a least the true ending (which means, get all the collectables and upgrades).
From what I saw, there's a trophy for defeating a boss with a certain weapon. Is this missable?

Technically, no.  Because the boss reappears in a later stage of the game.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm pretty sure whether a game gets a Platinum or not is based on the amount of points the trophies are worth all together. Bronze is worth 15, Silver is 30, and Gold is 90. The total has to be around 1,000. It usually seems to be 1,050, but I've seen it as low as 990. However, if the game actually gets the Platinum, that adds 300 points, so the actual total will be around 1,300. I think this does support what ShadeSplit said, where the "normal" games can (must) have that many points, but "small scope" games must not surpass about 300, it seems.

Even if you upgrade all of Zero's trophies (Bronze to Silver, Silver to Gold), that's still only 750 points. To get to 990, 9 trophies would need to be Gold, and 6 of them would need to be Silver. That leaves no Bronze trophies, though. The devs probably could've just called the game "normal" and come up with a few more trophies so that there wouldn't be so many Gold ones, but what's done is done.

I think the game deserves a Platinum due to Destroyer Mode and Boss Blaster Mode alone, but I don't regret going for 100% without one.

• Like 1