*spoilers* A question about the Player Upgrade and Weapon Upgrade trophies

Maahniac

54 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Do you know if leftover supplements and parts with Ellie carry over to Abby? 

Ellie and Abby both have their own separate supplements and parts. When you start a NG+ Ellie will have the supplements and parts she had at the end of the game and when you switch over to Abby she will have whatever she had.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maahniac said:

Not only the leftover don't carry over to the other character, but also it won't show up after you maxed out. Hence, you have to play at least 0.6 additional playthrough on NG+ (until you get to the Abby part and maxed out).

On 6/28/2020 at 7:52 AM, Wendenhorn said:

Not only the leftover don't carry over to the other character, but also it won't show up after you maxed out. Hence, you have to play at least 0.6 additional playthrough on NG+ (until you get to the Abby part and maxed out).

Abby and Ellie have two different inventories. It was pretty clear during play that supps, scrap, and collectibles didn't carry over between the two.

Just got the platinum. After fully exploring on the first playthrough, NG+ took me 6:40 total. I maxxed out Ellie pretty fast but still had to speedrun to Abby and then I maxxed out Abby halfway through Chapter 28.

The first run took me 25:31, NG+ took 6:40, so my total platinum time was 32:11

Edited by Pokedude97
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pokedude97 said:

Just got the platinum. After fully exploring on the first playthrough, NG+ took me 6:40 total. I maxxed out Ellie pretty fast but still had to speedrun to Abby and then I maxxed out Abby halfway through Chapter 28.

The first run took me 25:31, NG+ took 6:40, so my total platinum time was 32:11

I also maxed Abby out on chapter 28, since there were many supplements there. But my speedrun was 4h 51min on very light+

3 hours ago, ZankaiPowaa said:

Isn't it possible to chapter select straight to Abby to complete her upgrades? Or does it not work that way?

does not work that way. If you Chapter Select, you don't carry over what you had from the previous run. Only New Game + does that and when you are in New Game +, you can only chapter select the chapters you already completed in NG+.

21 minutes ago, Sicho said:

does not work that way. If you Chapter Select, you don't carry over what you had from the previous run. Only New Game + does that and when you are in New Game +, you can only chapter select the chapters you already completed in NG+.

Thanks for the explanation :)

• 1 month later...
On 28/6/2020 at 11:49 AM, Maahniac said:

I had the same doubt starting my cleanup NG+...if i got it right my answer is no: as soon as you complete Ellie’s upgrades trees you won’t find supplements anymore. The same goes for weapons: once you finish upgrading Ellie’s you won’t find parts...they’ll simply disappear from the map/game. So, that said, when you switch to Abby you won’t benefit from any exceeding supplement/part collected by Ellie.