Free Upgrade to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4

DEMON

Obviously full and its a great idea, you can farm while on the go and get on dungeons when u get back home, really smart idea which will help the community grow and be active :)

It would be nice to be able to farm while at work... teehehehe.

Happy that SE isnt screwing people over with a FFXIVARR repurchase for PS4. Happy for all those folks who will get it a free copy for PS4. I will be buying the PS4 copy though because I could not stand the huge graphics difference between a PS3 and my PC. I am so excited for the PS4 version though. cant wait to see how it would look!!

Happy that SE isnt screwing people over with a FFXIVARR repurchase for PS4. Happy for all those folks who will get it a free copy for PS4. I will be buying the PS4 copy though because I could not stand the huge graphics difference between a PS3 and my PC. I am so excited for the PS4 version though. cant wait to see how it would look!!

That's what I was going to do at first, but over here in the UK, FFXIV is £50 for pre-order (the standard edition), just better off to get the PS3 version and upgrade if you live over here.  Retailers are going to have to rethink their price for FFXIV on PS4 lol

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can you buy the ps3 version and just upgrade to ps4? Or do you need to activate it on the ps3 or something first?

Yes, you need to activate it via the PS3 first.  Then you log into Mog Station and your upgrade option be there until end of this year.. don't know what happens then, probably have to buy it on PS4 or something then.

• 6 months later...

so I just bought the Ps3 version for 19.99 for the free upgrade (much better than just gettting the PS4 version for 39.99) after i upgraded and start playing on Ps4 i still get the "Buy 39.99" option when selecting the game. Anyone else have that too? or is there something i need to do to remove that?

edit: btw i can play the game, just there is that option there. and its annoying... -_-

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

• 2 weeks later...