How does EU PSN codes work?

Raiden92-

Hello, 

my main PSN account is a US one but I have a second UK account for deals and sales. I managed to pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 CE from  Amazon France. Will the codes work on my UK account or I have to make a French one?  Do all codes from EU nations work on different EU accounts or it has to be from the same country?

on a side note I appreciate how Microsoft manage their codes. 

It depends on the content, if its a game its usually locked to the country, the same goes for PS plus subscriptions and PSN credit.

For DLC however, it depends on the developer. Some allow say french or italian codes to work within other EU countries, others lock it to the respective country.

Your best bet is to try use them and if they don't work on your UK account just redeem them on a french one.

28 minutes ago, Aodir said:

It depends on the content, if its a game its usually locked to the country, the same goes for PS plus subscriptions and PSN credit.

For DLC however, it depends on the developer. Some allow say french or italian codes to work within other EU countries, others lock it to the respective country.

Your best bet is to try use them and if they don't work on your UK account just redeem them on a french one.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Helyx said:

And how is that better than Sony?

Xbox/Microsoft codes are longer I think 12 or 16 characters but they work across all regions and to be honest in this day and age region specific/locks are stupid consumers will just find a way around it to get what they want just make it easy and more appealing for them.

Edited by KMM-27

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

But, can you stack region achievement lists?

Out of curiosity, had quick look at the top guy in their leaderboards, it seems they have region stacking and platform stacking (Win 10, Xbone, X360, Windows Phone) just like us, sorta.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Aodir said:

Out of curiosity, had quick look at the top guy in their leaderboards, it seems they have region stacking and platform stacking

You win this round, Microsoft, but if we get trophies for Netflix, we'll be tied up again.