Artwork thread

PREDRAG-K

5 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

Another painting, oil on canvas sheet, this time a video game character, the vilain Sundowner from Metal Gear Rising, the reason i chose to paint some1 like him, it's because i wanted to test my skills in skin and metal texture, so i painted this from a screenshot of the game. I had to edited the pic, i painted his name under his face but somehow (and i don't know why) the image upload sites were not accepting it 1f914.png... In my profile page i posted a more detailed pic of his face. Thank you guys ofr the support, you are all great ^_^

40UuJse.jpg

Damn good job! I love oil paintings! It came out amazing! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

Another painting, oil on canvas sheet, this time a video game character, the vilain Sundowner from Metal Gear Rising, the reason i chose to paint some1 like him, it's because i wanted to test my skills in skin and metal texture, so i painted this from a screenshot of the game. I had to edited the pic, i painted his name under his face but somehow (and i don't know why) the image upload sites were not accepting it 1f914.png... In my profile page i posted a more detailed pic of his face. Thank you guys ofr the support, you are all great ^_^

40UuJse.jpg

Your work makes me feel inadequate as an artist.

1 minute ago, Star Butterfly said:

Your work makes me feel inadequate as an artist.

Don't say that!!! ?? i have been studying for almost 10 years and i went to art college. i went throught a lot and i painted more than 100 canvases. Believe me when i say i wans't always painting like this, lol. Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell and James Gurney have some VERY good books about painting technique that helped me a whole lot. My best advice is be patient and always practice. Always test and challenge yourself. There is always something new to be learned. if you want i can post the links of the art books i mentioned that helped me :) Don't give up Star ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BG_painter said:

Don't say that!!! 1f630.png1f622.png i have been studying for almost 10 years and i went to art college. i went throught a lot and i painted more than 100 canvases. Believe me when i say i wans't always painting like this, lol. Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell and James Gurney have some VERY good books about painting technique that helped me a whole lot. My best advice is be patient and always practice. Always test and challenge yourself. There is always something new to be learned. if you want i can post the links of the art books i mentioned that helped me :) Don't give up Star 1f917.png

Please do! Like you I've been doing this for a very long time, but I got rejected from the art school I always wanted to go to... ? 

Thanks for the encouragement.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Star Butterfly said:

Please do! Like you I've been doing this for a very long time, but I got rejected from the art school I always wanted to go to... 1f622.png 

Thanks for the encouragement.

You're welcome :)
I would advice too, find the medium that you feel most confortable: pencil, watercolor, acrylics, oil... and invest on it. I paint only in oils, i don't try to master everything (it's impossbile, lol, if you are not a genius) and of course, keep sckething.
These are my books:
https://www.amazon.com/Color-Light-Realist-Painter-Gurney/dp/0740797719/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501965161&sr=1-1&keywords=james+gurney

https://www.amazon.com/Imaginative-Realism-Paint-Doesnt-Gurney/dp/0740785508/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501965161&sr=1-3&keywords=james+gurney

https://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Art-Techniques-Boris-Vallejo/dp/068481904X/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501965209&sr=1-9&keywords=boris+vallejo

https://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Workshop-Practical-Painting-Techniques/dp/1560254866/ref=sr_1_18?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501965241&sr=1-18&keywords=boris+vallejo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BG_painter said:

40UuJse.jpg

Fantastico! :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2017 at 8:55 PM, Freelancer Tex said:

leon_belmont___castlevania__lament_of_in

With the release of the Castlevania anime on Netflix, I had an urge to go back and replay Lament of Innocence on my PS2, and drew this early this morning. My favorite Belmont, Leon.

Awesome! At least no so softy how he looks like on the original art. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 1:33 PM, BG_painter said:

I finished this oil on canvas still life yesterday, from now on i am going to be trying to paint different things like fantasy art landscapes and characters, soon i'll post more :)

(The blank space was my signature, i deleted it to post the pic here.)

xPzQL8v.jpg

orz  

You are so much better than I am at oils!  I took an oil painting class in college and it was the worst class I ever took.  Long story short, the class got combined with the advanced students because the advanced students didn't get enough people in their class to have it that semester, so the painting teacher took them in and favored them over us n00blets.  

Anyway, I love looking at your paintings!  I think by far my favorite one is Sundowner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MooseSketts said:

orz  

You are so much better than I am at oils!  I took an oil painting class in college and it was the worst class I ever took.  Long story short, the class got combined with the advanced students because the advanced students didn't get enough people in their class to have it that semester, so the painting teacher took them in and favored them over us n00blets.  

Anyway, I love looking at your paintings!  I think by far my favorite one is Sundowner.

Thank you very much :) i am very happy that you like my work! And i have to say, it took me long to find a good painting master :| I think because painting is very subjective to the artist inner instinct and experience it's quite hard to find a decent teacher that resonates with what we need... and most of them just go for what the majority of the students want.  i paint on acrylics too, i like it but so far oil are my favorites. I bought a watercolor set  and dry pastels last time i went to michaels and i might give it a try soon. It's always good to try different mediuns ? the only type of art i am not interested is contemporary art and digital art.

• Like 1

I'm not particularly interested in digital art either, but in recent years I've been accepting it.  As one of my teachers put it, "Digital art is cold; it lacks humanity." 

In any case I usually paint in acrylic or watercolor.  I'm just curious because I'm always interested in seeing what watercolor paints people use:  what brand of watercolor paints did you buy?  (I myself am using Prang... student grade paints lol.  Sometime in my life I should probably invest in something better).

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, BG_painter said:

I finished my first fantasy art character, it's oil on canvas sheet, and i haven't decided the title for this art yet, tho i am very happy with the result, i must say it was a challenge to paint a red head. I hope you all like it :) I accept critics, and if any1 wants to know about my painting technique i'll be happy to talk about it, just ask me in my personal page here in psnp. Happy week guys!

I had no idea you are so talented!  That is beautiful!  I am totally blown away.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MB_27_Beach said:

I had no idea you are so talented!  That is beautiful!  I am totally blown away.

17 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

I finished my first fantasy art character, it's oil on canvas sheet, and i haven't decided the title for this art yet, tho i am very happy with the result, i must say it was a challenge to paint a red head. I hope you all like it :) I accept critics, and if any1 wants to know about my painting technique i'll be happy to talk about it, just ask me in my personal page here in psnp. Happy week guys!

SihOPmW.jpg

Woah

Beautiful 

Your ability to draw hands is incredible!!! It's so hard! 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 2