Artwork thread

PREDRAG-K

So I finally finished making something I been wanting to make for a long time. I feel totally insecure about it. but others say I did a damn good job. The whole thing is hand painted. no spray paint, primer or gloss. just days of layering paint and blending and fading colors. input would be great, be it good or bad37319903_10216224731358297_3056890123355

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

So I finally finished making something I been wanting to make for a long time. I feel totally insecure about it. but others say I did a damn good job. The whole thing is hand painted. no spray paint, primer or gloss. just days of layering paint and blending and fading colors. input would be great, be it good or bad37319903_10216224731358297_3056890123355

Nice work.  Really well done.  You'd probably get the best feedback if you wore it around in like a mall or something similar.  

Just kidding, don't do that.

It really does look good though, keep it up!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

Nice work.  Really well done.  You'd probably get the best feedback if you wore it around in like a mall or something similar.  

Just kidding, don't do that.

It really does look good though, keep it up!

actually, I was thinking of doing a Jason cosplay at a comic con or something. Maybe wear it on Halloween when I pass out candy

16 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

actually, I was thinking of doing a Jason cosplay at a comic con or something. Maybe wear it on Halloween when I pass out candy

Oh yeah, that would be cool.  Just make sure you make the rest of the costume yourself, to complete the package.  

2 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

Looks great.  I don't know why you would feel insecure.

Just people can be cruel :/ especially with artwork and since I painted it I can see/know where the imperfections are. Then I start to worry of "did I add enough brown? to much brown? is the black to much? are the Chevrons aligned right? etc

Edited by Stargazer2600

1 minute ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Just people can be cruel :/ especially with artwork and since I painted it I can see/know where the imperfections are. Then I start to worry of "did I hadd enough brown? to much brown? is the black to much? are the Chevrons aligned right? etc

You're never going to please everybody. Especially when it comes to art, since everything is so subjective. It's okay to be critical, but don't beat yourself over things that ultimately come down to personal preference, such as having too much of one color or not enough of another.

I don't know much about painting, but I think it looks great.

Also, thank you for reviving this thread. It's probably my favorite thread on this site, and I keep forgetting about its existence.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

You're never going to please everybody. Especially when it comes to art, since everything is so subjective. It's okay to be critical, but don't beat yourself over things that ultimately come down to personal preference, such as having too much of one color or not enough of another.

I don't know much about painting, but I think it looks great.

Also, thank you for reviving this thread. It's probably my favorite thread on this site, and I keep forgetting about its existence.

The next mask I am working on is part 7. While I wont hand paint that one fully (cause it takes lots of paint and time) I will hand paint like 70% of it. I am gonna use some spray paint and such on this next one

1 hour ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Just people can be cruel :/ especially with artwork and since I painted it I can see/know where the imperfections are. Then I start to worry of "did I add enough brown? to much brown? is the black to much? are the Chevrons aligned right? etc

Don't let it get you down.  As long as the "cruel" aspect is more of a critique that would be an excellent thing to help you (or anyone) improve their art.  It helped me and I often find myself critiquing my own work as I'm making it.

54 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I second what @Cassylvania said.  I do miss this thread.  

I've been meaning to post something, but I've never got around to doing it (and what I would post is already floating around on the net).

• 2 weeks later...

^

That's a cool SS Gotenks artwork",

& oh I found SS Goten too but not colored". + I blur my real name again hehe",

I still have a lot of drawings here & the others are not yet scanned", 

The least, we're still here to give a little life for this space",

KTgeQBD.jpg

edit: my colorization is inactive yet, I'm still doing something that took me several months doing it during my free time",

Edited by ReverzerO
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

You're really good at inking!  I would love to see a colored version of this whenever you get around to it.

Thanks", like your self, you are good as well", My patience is my key why my inking using mouse is a bit accurate! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

I digg it!  Your niece looks blended nicely into the layout rather than just plopped in there.

Got it! Ariel is more suited than Rapunzel I guess! I will remove the blue & fishes but that's her idea", She's beside me while doing her tarp",

Update: Seems she's ok with this", The blending is ready for print as well",

McZsUn7.jpg

Edited by ReverzerO
  • Like 1