Artwork thread

PREDRAG-K

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

Wow!  That's phenomenal!  How many hours did it take you to make this?

I can’t count it. I started it in 2017 ahead of Wipeout Omega Collection, I wanted to make a banner but didn’t work out as expected, it was on an early sketch state. Then last week I decided that I wanted to polish it and give all the shading and tones. I spent two whole nights last weekend on this pic, I know it’s so ridiculous that much time over this drawing. I truly have an issue with time management, pacing and perfectionism.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I can’t count it. I started it in 2017 ahead of Wipeout Omega Collection, I wanted to make a banner but didn’t work out as expected, it was on an early sketch state. Then last week I decided that I wanted to polish it and give all the shading and tones. I spent two whole nights last weekend on this pic, I know it’s so ridiculous that much time over this drawing. I truly have an issue with time management, pacing and perfectionism.

I do too... when it comes to art.  Most of my pieces take me way longer than it should, so I feel ya.
Regardless of how long it took it looks fantastic!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Alderriz said:

Lkdi4Rc.jpg

I'm not too good with shadows and highlights. Also, Gwen's hair is darker than it should be, and Spider-Ham should probably be smaller. Other than that, I'm somewhat satisfied with the result 1f601.png

What did you use to color it?  It looks so smooth!
Very nice drawing by the way.  I think you did a fine job with the shadows/highlights.

• Like 1

Just now, MooseSketts said:

What did you use to color it?  It looks so smooth!
Very nice drawing by the way.  I think you did a fine job with the shadows/highlights.

Thank you ?

I used regular watercolour paint. It probably looks so smooth because of poor lighting in the picture ?.

As for highlights, I think that black parts of Gwen's suit need more of them to look more shiny. Like here:

gwen-stacy-in-spiderman-into-the-spider-verse-ju.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/19/2020 at 1:08 PM, Alderriz said:

Thank you 1f642.png

I used regular watercolour paint. It probably looks so smooth because of poor lighting in the picture 1f604.png.

As for highlights, I think that black parts of Gwen's suit need more of them to look more shiny. Like here:

gwen-stacy-in-spiderman-into-the-spider-verse-ju.jpg

Still looks good though!  If you want that shininess you could always use a white gel pen or acrylic paint to give it an extra pop.

• Like 1

nM809u5.jpg

Low effort Jeremiah from Code Geass. Black marker + pen + white correction pen.

I've been watching a lot of videos of Yusuke Murata drawing the pages of the One Punch Man manga. This inspired me to draw something black and white with anime style and cool reflective highlights in the hair ?. And Jeremiah was one of my favourite characters from Code Geass. So I just tried to recreate a frame with him from the anime. Here's the original:

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6d617665614d53303648716265673d3d2d323035372e313631376566663439636264383235363737393231363139313536342e6a7067

Once again, I'm not 100% satisfied with the result, and I know what I would do differently next time.

Edited by Alderriz
removed the spoiler box because it's not opening again
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

Actually, it looks pretty good!  I really like how the hair came out.  Just curious - what would you do different?

Thank you ?.

I would do a more detailed pencil line sketch, use a black gel pen instead of a regular blue ink pen (although I like how the hair looks with this colour), and try not to use the correction pen at all, because I can (try to) draw the same thing without it.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 7:56 AM, Alderriz said:

Snip

Nice!  Reminds me of Yusuke's Spirit Gun from Yu Yu Hakusho.  I hope you find something to draw again soon.  I enjoy looking at what PSNPers post.  
I've been working on a project I have to have due by the 28th, so I haven't had any time to draw.  Perhaps when it is finished I will post it on here.

• Like 1

Just now, MooseSketts said:

Nice!  Reminds me of Yusuke's Spirit Gun from Yu Yu Hakusho.  I hope you find something to draw again soon.  I enjoy looking at what PSNPers post.  
I've been working on a project I have to have due by the 28th, so I haven't had any time to draw.  Perhaps when it is finished I will post it on here.

Thanks. I will be looking forward to your art as well :)

@MaxieM0us3 Congrats on 100 followers! Great drawing as always. Wholesome and heartwarming.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1