Artwork thread

PREDRAG-K

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

This is me holding my oil on canvas painting, it's a reproduction of Ayame's Kojima Artwork, I am a great fan of hers, i think she is the best, and i made this painting to challenge myself! It's Simon Belmont and Dracula from Castlevania. Some ppl say i look like a cat. I can't imagine why.

osrbpi.jpg

That is fucking gorgeous.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

This is me holding my oil on canvas painting, it's a reproduction of Ayame's Kojima Artwork, I am a great fan of hers, i think she is the best, and i made this painting to challenge myself! It's Simon Belmont and Dracula from Castlevania. Some ppl say i look like a cat. I can't imagine why.

osrbpi.jpg

4 minutes ago, Star Butterfly said:

I have nothing to add, that is fucking gorgeous. 

You should bring your artwork to conventions and galleries. I don't know the specifics, but someone may notice you. As long as you don't sell any at the places I don't see a major issue. It's not much different than when someone brings their automated r2d2. 

Think about it, seriously 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I have nothing to add, that is fucking gorgeous. 

You should bring your artwork to conventions and galleries. I don't know the specifics, but someone may notice you. As long as you don't sell any at the places I don't see a major issue. It's not much different than when someone brings their automated r2d2. 

Think about it, seriously 

Hi! thank you so much! I am brazilian and i moved to US recently, i didn't know about conventions but i tried 2 galleries and they refused to even look at my face, lol. Do you have any suggestions? You can reply in my profile so we don't go too offtopic :)

1 hour ago, Star Butterfly said:

Thank you very much :D:D:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BG_painter said:

Hi! thank you so much! I am brazilian and i moved to US recently, i didn't know about conventions but i tried 2 galleries and they refused to even look at my face, lol. Do you have any suggestions? You can reply in my profile so we don't go too offtopic :)

I don't think it's off topic at all. I'm sure many would like to have a chance to sell their paintings. 

Ya galleries can be very snobbish, I don't especially like that type of person. 

Your market is definitely where you can get the most amount of people's attention. 

Paintings can be a very impulsive buy, so it's better in person. That's why I recommended conventions. Even of it's not painted by the original artist(which would be exceptionally expensive for a 1 off), I have no doubt a fan of anything you paint can be sold at the right place. 

The only idea I have atm is to bring maybe 2 to a convention and show them off. (if someone wants to buy, have a price in mind ahead, and do it in the parking lot immediately. Shady yes, but with the amount of people I doubt anyone would notice. And you'll make someone very happy.)

If you do this enough, your name will surely be spread around at least enough to get a small market going. 

It may take a while, but I imagine if you persevere, eventually you'll even be featured in websites and magazines for those attractions. 

Unfortunately just like music, you have to get creative and be determined to get noticed. 

That's unfortunately all I have. 

I hope others will chime in as well with creative ideas. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I don't think it's off topic at all. I'm sure many would like to have a chance to sell their paintings. 

Ya galleries can be very snobbish, I don't especially like that type of person. 

Your market is definitely where you can get the most amount of people's attention. 

Paintings can be a very impulsive buy, so it's better in person. That's why I recommended conventions. Even of it's not painted by the original artist(which would be exceptionally expensive for a 1 off), I have no doubt a fan of anything you paint can be sold at the right place. 

The only idea I have atm is to bring maybe 2 to a convention and show them off. (if someone wants to buy, have a price in mind ahead, and do it in the parking lot immediately. Shady yes, but with the amount of people I doubt anyone would notice. And you'll make someone very happy.)

If you do this enough, your name will surely be spread around at least enough to get a small market going. 

It may take a while, but I imagine if you persevere, eventually you'll even be featured in websites and magazines for those attractions. 

Unfortunately just like music, you have to get creative and be determined to get noticed. 

That's unfortunately all I have. 

I hope others will chime in as well with creative ideas. 

thank you! :) everything is helpful!

• Like 1

It's been ages since I did a digital coloring and I wanted to both make some Rhyona art aswell as get back to practicing blending colors so this came out:

eqkHuGt.jpg

I like to believe I did an OK job :P But I still have a lot to learn.

I want to credit to artist of the original sketch, but unfortunately I can't find him or her anywhere. Original sketch is in the spoiler below though.

Spoiler

yvuVofX.jpg

Edited by Yami
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...