ATTENTION! POSSIBLE UNOBTAINABLE PLATINUM

Anton_games337

Three trophies in the game requires you to play Weekly Events. Featured event is up now, so hurry up to get one of those three trophies right now if did not get it before. Another event is weekly Grand Prix. According to the developer, it is not planned to do weekly events on the near future. So, it will be no events after this week for some time. Please, if you read this post, even if you do not plan playing this game, show your activity under my topic (https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/54273-another-featured-event/?tab=comments#comment-531602), or even create your own. If developers will see that people need another Grand Prix, maybe they will add one. Thank you for everyone who will write a message on a forum in advance. Hope they will add a Grand Prix. 

• Like 2

Well that's crap news :|

I'm playing through all the F1 games in sequence at the moment (now on 2015) and collecting all the platinums but I had no idea that 2019 had time sensitive trophies like these.

If they added another event I'd boot up my copy of the game just to get these three trophies done but I may have to skip this platinum if they don't add any more of them.

I have completed all of F1 games except 2019, started it yesterday so we will see what happens. I honestly doubt they would just stop putting up events for one year old game. If they do tough, we should definitely report them to Better Business Bureau.

• Like 1

Nice one. I was doing F1 2010 platinum not long ago to have a chance to complete all F1 games. Frustrating to see that developers are too lazy to create trophies which make the platinum possible at least as long as the server still works or are they doing it intentionally to make more people buy the games earlier?

I remember, Codemasters has disabled a feature in dirt 2 and never enabled it again. So, I dont expect anything to come up here. What a dumb trophy. Sony should introduce rules that dont allow such dumb trophies.

That is what developer said:

"We are moving towards 2020 with initial release of the 7th. I don't see there being another weekly event, and its not at the forefront of our plans right now."

He did not say that they are stopping these events, he gave us a hope that this event maybe will be created in the future when main work on F1 2020 will be completed. The best thing we all can do is writing messages in this thread (https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/54273-another-featured-event/?tab=comments#comment-531602) frequently. Thus, they will realise that people really need this. Such thing was with PVZGW2, people where writing for about a year and they added a boss, and cats vs dinos mode after this long time. The more people will write the more hope we will have. You can use this "@BarryBL" to make him see what you say faster. Maybe be less aggressive and more polite will be better but it is completely your choice.

Maybe I should create something similar on trueachievements and steam forums. Combining our strength we will have more chances. Achievements/trophies are similar for them actually

When I read that statement, all I see is: "We are focusing on F1 2020, a game we will stop giving a fuck about as soon as F1 2021 comes along". That will be enough reason for me not to buy F1 2020 to be honest. Not that I was planning to in the near future. I will buy F1 2018 at the discounted price that it is at now and will just leave it at 10 plats for that series. It's the same game with the same shitty physics and lackluster content year after year after year. Every year the community tells them the online is shit and everything they do to 'fix it' just makes it worse.

Even the F1 drivers themselves (that are pretty much forced to like the game because of its official licensing status) could hardly be arsed during corona spring break and quickly flocked to actual sims like iRacing, leaving YouTube influencers, failed F1 drivers and Real Madrid goalkeepers behind.

Also, apparently an actual human needs to do something to make this event happen. Something that takes longer than typing multiple messages on a forum. Insert "Programming, you're doing it wrong" meme here.

Yes as you can tell, Codemasters annoys me. And I even have the F1 2019 plat already, so I can imagine how you feel if you just bought this game and are immediately given the middle finger.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anton_games337 said:

That is what developer said:

"We are moving towards 2020 with initial release of the 7th. I don't see there being another weekly event, and its not at the forefront of our plans right now."

He did not say that they are stopping these events, he gave us a hope that this event maybe will be created in the future when main work on F1 2020 will be completed. The best thing we all can do is writing messages in this thread (https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/54273-another-featured-event/?tab=comments#comment-531602) frequently. Thus, they will realise that people really need this. Such thing was with PVZGW2, people where writing for about a year and they added a boss, and cats vs dinos mode after this long time. The more people will write the more hope we will have. You can use this "@BarryBL" to make him see what you say faster. Maybe be less aggressive and more polite will be better but it is completely your choice.

Maybe I should create something similar on trueachievements and steam forums. Combining our strength we will have more chances. Achievements/trophies are similar for them actually

Wrote them message as well on that forum. Lest hope it does something.

It would be real shame that one year old game becomes unobtainable from such a big developer that's been in business for very long time.

2 hours ago, vujos said:

Wrote them message as well on that forum. Lest hope it does something.

It would be real shame that one year old game becomes unobtainable from such a big developer that's been in business for very long time.

Thank you so much, hope it helps

On 02/07/2020 at 2:45 PM, vujos said:

I have completed all of F1 games except 2019, started it yesterday so we will see what happens. I honestly doubt they would just stop putting up events for one year old game. If they do tough, we should definitely report them to Better Business Bureau.

I was thinking of that earlier. Might be worth a go.

I sent codemasters an email a few hours ago for an explanation on their poor actions and inability to give a warning that they intended on stopping the weekly grand prix event! I don't understand why having a featured event active every week is possible but not a weekly gp event! ???

On 7/13/2020 at 8:21 AM, Banana_Sausage47 said:

The weekly challenge now has a locked symbol on it and there isn't even a featured event. This is such bullshit from codemasters. Gonna turn a lot of people away from buying the new game.

Yea it's bs, but turn a lot of people away, no. 

That’s quite frustrating. I’ve just started making my way through the PS4 F1 titles currently only on ‘15. I was hoping to get through them all to catch up with new yearly releases by possibly 2021. It would be a real shame if they do stop these events completely as that would be only one Platinum out of the whole bunch that would be affected by online trophies becoming unobtainable. 

Feel for you guys who still need the weekly event trophy. I had the same problem a month ago which i needed a featured event to come up. Bummer if they have stopped supporting this game.

I think they should never have trophies for this kind of thing. Multiplayer is one thing if they eventually shut servers down but for a game that came out a year ago is shocking. 

Fifa seem to do the same (or used to) where they did a similar sort of thing.