Can I get a quick review?

Kristen Danielle 2

It's essentially the original with new graphics (really faithful to the original, so, some mechanics will likely feel dated if you only experienced games from PS3 onwards). 

Even some graphical "bugs" are still present (I encountered at least 2, both related to the static nature of the camera, where if you do something that "not normal" the camera doesn't change to the correct one and you become blind in a way). 

As someone who played quite a lot of the original, I actually quite liked revisiting the game (and about 20+ years later it obviously felt much easier ?, but then, for sone reason my brain still remembered everything, that also made things even easier to me..). 

In the end, I would say, if you don't expect the quality and smoothest of a regular PS4 game and can look past some technical flaws (and stuff that 20+ is dated), then you should be able to enjoy it. 

• Like 2

It's a good remake that they definitely put a lot of care into and the game has a nice charm to it. Gameplay wise it's pretty simple and I think the only bad thing I can say is there were a couple platforming sections that were kind of tricky to do mainly because I remember it being stiff but it wasn't anything that made it harder or anything. But yeah, it's definitely worth a buy, and if you want to play the original you can unlock the original game by getting all the collectibles.

1 minute ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Oh, cool. I do like a good hack n' slash from time to time. It looks whimsical and fantasy-based, so I'm pretty interested for when I want a light game that lacks a super-complicated story.

Ya, the game is essentially an Halloween town adventure (maybe even influenced by some stuff from Disney from the 90s, but not 100% sure). 

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

In the end, I would say, if you don't expect the quality and smoothest of a regular PS4 game and can look past some technical flaws (and stuff that 20+ is dated), then you should be able to enjoy it. 

Oh, I love the older style of games. Spyro's remake was my recently-released favorite light game for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

if you want to play the original you can unlock the original game by getting all the collectibles.

Neat!

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

(maybe even influenced by some stuff from Disney from the 90s, but not 100% sure).

I love 90s Disney! ?

2 minutes ago, Kurtis_808 said:

For the price of think anyone would have a fun time with it though.

Thanks! :)

It's definitely more accessible than a lot of reviews make it out to be. I'd actually never played the original. A friend gave me his copy of the remake, and I was hooked pretty much from start to finish. As long as you have enough experience with PS1 platformers to know what to expect, and are prepared to rethink your strategy when you hit one of the few difficulty spikes, I say go for it. 

26 minutes ago, TheArcadeKid said:

It's definitely more accessible than a lot of reviews make it out to be. I'd actually never played the original. A friend gave me his copy of the remake, and I was hooked pretty much from start to finish. As long as you have enough experience with PS1 platformers to know what to expect, and are prepared to rethink your strategy when you hit one of the few difficulty spikes, I say go for it. 

Awesome! :D