What's your opinion on "fake" platinum screenshots?

MrZhangetsu

My opinion - that's kindof lame and well.. fake.

Not on the level of buying entire trophy lists or save files to fake a game on your profile, but you're still putting something out there on display that's doctored.

Note: the above opinion is from someone that turned off screenshots and social media, so take that with a grain of salt

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

Looks pretty stupid, but i don't see a problem with it, really couldn't care less

Btw, people really care about trophies screenshots? I always delete mine lol

Some people like to upload the platinum trophy screenshots to social media. Particularly places like r/Trophies on Reddit.

• Like 3

I definitely wouldn't consider it cheating in any way. ? It's not like the screenshot is the trophy itself or anything, that's why they're deletable, or can be turned off entirely. So if someone wants to take a better one, go for it. I know I get really pissed when mine pop on a black screen, but if I did ever do something like this, I'd want to keep it as original as possible (if I got a black screen, maybe put it on the scene right before that). :hmm:

But unless this method actually links the new screenshot to the trophy itself (where you see it in your trophy list on the PS4), it's probably not something I'd mess with (I could easily Photoshop something like that). I actually tried messing around with trophy screenshots & the PS button before, & I got some very glitchy results...

brrp26w.jpg

I can't remember what I did exactly to cause it, but I know I was experimenting with the PS & Share buttons whenever a trophy popped (this happened multiple times too). :hmm:

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

Looks pretty stupid, but i don't see a problem with it, really couldn't care less

Btw, people really care about trophies screenshots? I always delete mine lol

haha same here, deleting the whole library every once in a while ^^ strange that some people actually care about it

Wow some people care too much about some things. But if they found something they enjoy doing I guess its non of my business and my opinion doesn't matter. Kudos for them.

I always keep pressing screenshot buttons to make the trophy banner pop multiple times so that I could choose the best one that fit the game backgrounds. This one just seems stupid and the screenshot is somehow not legit. How about just crop the trophy banner and paste it on any images? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Astray404 said:

How about just crop the trophy banner and paste it on any images? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is what I would do if I cared just a bit more about this. I care, but not enough to go out of my way for it. I feel like cropping the trophy pop in the corner and pasting it onto your own preferred image would be a lot faster and have better results than the switcheroo method.

• Like 2

If the shot looks like crap, or it pops during a blocked cutscene, it's fair game as long as you provide full disclosure, as I always do. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out for oneself in a majority of cases, anyway.

If anyone gets genuinely upset at this concept, or use it as yet another platform of imagined superiority over those that indulge in the practice... congrats on being on the bleeding edge of first world problems, pal.

Thank you for being such an admirable pioneer.

• Like 1

I’ve actually done this before with a number of games I’ve platinum’d in the past. Up until know I thought I was the only one who knew about it.

I don’t care much about this now however as I end up deleting most of my platinum screenshots anyway. People can do whatever they want with this, so long as they haven’t cheated the game itself...

Edited by PepsiMaxVanilla

47 minutes ago, Omni_Vocal said:

i never heard of this till now

to me it seems boring - but if the person want to do it . do it .

the ego needs feeding so feed there ego ... Borning and in there hearts they know its not what they claim

What.. 

• Like 2