What's your opinion on "fake" platinum screenshots?

MrZhangetsu

In my opinion..

I'm a newbie in haunting but not in playing and I know there's A LOT of ppl cheating...

we like videogames dont we? It's a passion for us, so, whats the point of cheating? just for your ego? pf I don't know. Sony gives us facilities in order to get trophies (compatibility to get more at once).

I think it's a ego problem, because If it's really your passion, you try to enjoy each game or do your best. For example, this is my acc just for PS3 because It's a challenge for me, I'm trying to be the best PS3 player (my fav generation) in my country. That's it. I repeat, what's the point to lie to others? Or worst, to you?.

8 minutes ago, x7eight said:

What is the purpose or advantage with this?  

Sorry, I should have clarified. This method is useful for people who like to upload their platinum screenshots to social media for, I guess, bragging rights? There's really no application for this elsewhere.

This is a neat idea!

I am baffled at the responses of some people who feel this is even remotely akin to cheating or somehow bamboozling the system. Have you read the method described in the link? You legitimately obtain the platinum trophy but switch to a cool screenshot right before it triggers the pop, resulting in it popping/overlapping your chosen screenshot. How is that possibly cheating the system?

I wonder how many people read the thread title and think "they photoshop them getting a platinum but they never got it, so it's fake and bs". That would be bullshit, but that's not the case here.

For certain games that I'm a great fan of I can see this being a cool personal touch.

• Like 2

I'm really surprised people actually care about the legitimacy of the frame in which the platinum screenshot was taken lol

It's been said that the developers can set the trophy screenshot's triggers themselves and those don't need to be the exact moment the requirement is fulfilled (lots of loading/blank screens), they can choose specific moment of the following cutscene, for example. If they don't do so, I don't see why it would be "wrong" (??) to delay it a few secs to at least show something on screen.

Edited by LucasDiasC

9 hours ago, Phantochi said:

Looks pretty stupid, but i don't see a problem with it, really couldn't care less

Btw, people really care about trophies screenshots? I always delete mine lol

Same xD most of my plats screenshots sucks anyway ?

I mean...sure why not! You did work for the platinum after all, if good screenshots are your thing go ahead!

It's not the "unlocking the platinum through a save file" situation so who cares if you edit that black screen at the end xD 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MrZhangetsu said:

What do you guys think about using the 1, 2, Switcheroo method to 'fake' trophy screenshots? By which I mean this: https://platget.com/how-to-take-perfect-platinum-screenshots/

I know some people who seem to be vehemently against it, like it's somehow akin to cheating.

Edit: I should clarify that I'm talking mostly about "faking" platinum screenshots for the express purpose of uploading them to social media. A lot of trophy hunters like to show off about their latest achievement and upload the platinum screenshot to places like r/Trophies on Reddit along with their impressions. However, some platinum screenshots end up being a dud, which is why this method has garnered some traction.

Wow.  This is...a ‘thing’?  Gotta take a breather from this stuff and realize what means something and what doesn’t mean anything, in life.  Sheesh...?

I would be pretty suspect of someone who has a beautiful screenshot with their platinum on a game that I know the platinum pops during the black cutscene :P I get the point of faking the picture - getting the platinum is more special than just taking a normal screenshot in the game, but yet no one wants to show a blank screen with the trophy all tiny in the corner. 

I feel like this is something you can easily fake but wont hold up for long. You can post your fake trophy screen shot but as soon as I look up your profile I will see that you do not have the trophy. If your profile is hidden then I wont believe its real or I will think you paid for it via download files. But, even with all that said, the truth is that you are only cheating yourself. You can brag all day long about a trophy but if you really didn't earn it, then you are just a fraud. You are not impressing anyone. In fact, you are just ruining your reputation. because everyone will find out and no one will trust you. The whole point of the trophy system is to feel good about your achievements. If you cheat them, pay for them, or fake them. Then the only person who suffers is you. You can take a pic of the SBKX SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP trophy and brag about being the second person to achieve it. But, everyone will know you are just a fraud. 

Kinda surprised to see lots of people here don't really care for trophy screenshots, some even outright delete them. To me they're like 'side rewards' of the trophies themselves. I love to run through capture gallery here and there when bored. Kinda like seeing milestones, appreciating what I did. They only take a few GBs on your drive.

I always take good care when trophy's gonna pop and try to make a best pic out of it. For example Dark Souls II my last trophy was to get all miracles. I could trade my Sunlight Medals since NG but I know I have to buy last miracle from NG++. So I wait till NG++, buy said miracle, then trade medals for last pic. Simply because it had potential to be a better plat pic than a damn shop menu.

That being said, the TC's method, while mostly harmless, is too much of a hassle and taking the fun out of it. Though I don't share pics in general and I keep it to myself.

I'm fully aware that many trophies are fixed to have undesirable pics (like credits or that black screen now loading after credit) but I'm willing to take a gamble. My Dark Souls II plat pic end up to be my character curled up on floor, almost out of frame with a textbox slap on him but yeah I'm proud of it, at least it's not a damn shop menu. If I'm disappointed with the pic I'll go 'aww whatever' at most. That's more fun.

Edited by MisterGibraltar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, StressEater said:

I feel like this is something you can easily fake but wont hold up for long. You can post your fake trophy screen shot but as soon as I look up your profile I will see that you do not have the trophy. If your profile is hidden then I wont believe its real or I will think you paid for it via download files. But, even with all that said, the truth is that you are only cheating yourself. You can brag all day long about a trophy but if you really didn't earn it, then you are just a fraud. You are not impressing anyone. In fact, you are just ruining your reputation. because everyone will find out and no one will trust you. The whole point of the trophy system is to feel good about your achievements. If you cheat them, pay for them, or fake them. Then the only person who suffers is you. You can take a pic of the SBKX SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP trophy and brag about being the second person to achieve it. But, everyone will know you are just a fraud. 

You still have to earn the platinum with this method. Photoshopping a platinum trophy screenshot for a game you haven't platted is deplorable. 

• Like 1