MrZhangetsu

What's your opinion on "fake" platinum screenshots?

65 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MrZhangetsu said:

You still have to earn the platinum with this method. Photoshopping a platinum trophy screenshot for a game you haven't platted is deplorable. 

I guess the real question should be; Who in the world is so desperate to impress others that they would try and do so with a fake picture of a platinum trophy?

Why go trough all that effort 

Posted (edited)

I only keep the platinum screenshot if I really like the game. I mean it's cool to get a better screenshot, but I'm not going to follow a step by step article just to get it.

Edited by Nitro
Extra info

On 30/06/2020 at 6:51 AM, Phantochi said:

Looks pretty stupid, but i don't see a problem with it, really couldn't care less

Btw, people really care about trophies screenshots? I always delete mine lol

Why would you delete them? They take up so little room

1 hour ago, Excesseus said:

I don't bother to keep any of mine either. It takes up space and I would rather use that space to hold games. No matter how small it is.

Interesting tactic.

I sometimes manually take a screenshot of the platinum while it is still displaying if I think the real-time stamp (seconds before) is going to be a black screen or something not ideal.  But I would not go through these steps to fake the screenshot but of course, I am not against others who do.  Within reason, I try to set up a nice image for my platinum but nothing that requires much setup.

Like others have posted, the screenshots are just for my viewing pleasure.  I don’t share with others or on social media.  I will take screenshots in game of cool scenery, events, or achievements.

And from time to time, I will scroll though my screenshots of particular games as a trip down memory lane.  Mafia III has some nice ones lol.

Given that the only place I see this happening is the r/trophies sub-reddit I don't see the issue with it. In fact I'd much rather see a screenshot someone has gone out of their way to take because they think it looks good, as opposed to the crap tonne of pictures I see of people's PSN mobile app, their TV on the trophies section of the XMB, or their profile from a trophy tracking site (like here).

On 7/1/2020 at 2:18 AM, GUDGER666 said:

What.. 

who

On 7/2/2020 at 1:14 AM, Nitro said:

I only keep the platinum if I really like the game. I mean it's cool to get a better screenshot, but I'm not going to follow a step by step article just to get it.

hahaha 

I dont really mind if they do a fake one, sometimes it looks nice to have a beautiful game screenshot with a platinum trophy in the corner. But I wouldn't take time to do it

13 minutes ago, Omni_Vocal said:

who

hahaha 

whoops. I meant platinum screenshot :facepalm:

I remember someone was collecting platinum screenshots :D 

On 30/06/2020 at 1:49 AM, Shadiochao said:

I don't think it's possible for me to care any less about this

I love when I read a thread and in the first few posts the entirety of my thoughts on the subject are summed up so well. 

I couldn't be bothered to do it lol, I mean like I share my plats on twitter but I just upload it with the pic it takes automatically.

On 7/1/2020 at 7:24 AM, Excesseus said:

I switched my screenshot setting to capture as PNG filed and before I knew it I had tons of space taken up by trophy screenshots. Ended up turning them off because of this and because of a hard drive swap.