What's your opinion on "fake" platinum screenshots?

MrZhangetsu

1 hour ago, MrZhangetsu said:

You still have to earn the platinum with this method. Photoshopping a platinum trophy screenshot for a game you haven't platted is deplorable. 

I guess the real question should be; Who in the world is so desperate to impress others that they would try and do so with a fake picture of a platinum trophy?

• Like 1

I only keep the platinum screenshot if I really like the game. I mean it's cool to get a better screenshot, but I'm not going to follow a step by step article just to get it.

Edited by Nitro
Extra info
  • Like 1

On 30/06/2020 at 6:51 AM, Phantochi said:

Looks pretty stupid, but i don't see a problem with it, really couldn't care less

Btw, people really care about trophies screenshots? I always delete mine lol

Why would you delete them? They take up so little room

Interesting tactic.

I sometimes manually take a screenshot of the platinum while it is still displaying if I think the real-time stamp (seconds before) is going to be a black screen or something not ideal.  But I would not go through these steps to fake the screenshot but of course, I am not against others who do.  Within reason, I try to set up a nice image for my platinum but nothing that requires much setup.

Like others have posted, the screenshots are just for my viewing pleasure.  I don’t share with others or on social media.  I will take screenshots in game of cool scenery, events, or achievements.

And from time to time, I will scroll though my screenshots of particular games as a trip down memory lane.  Mafia III has some nice ones lol.

• Like 1

Given that the only place I see this happening is the r/trophies sub-reddit I don't see the issue with it. In fact I'd much rather see a screenshot someone has gone out of their way to take because they think it looks good, as opposed to the crap tonne of pictures I see of people's PSN mobile app, their TV on the trophies section of the XMB, or their profile from a trophy tracking site (like here).

On 7/1/2020 at 2:18 AM, GUDGER666 said:

What.. 

who

On 7/2/2020 at 1:14 AM, Nitro said:

I only keep the platinum if I really like the game. I mean it's cool to get a better screenshot, but I'm not going to follow a step by step article just to get it.

hahaha 

Didn't even know the switcharoo method was a thing. PST used to have a pretty active thread for posting your Platinum images...but mine were always shit, so I stopped worrying about it. Haven't thought about it in a couple years now.

Either way though, if someone wants to do this then fine...you aren't harming anyone. 

Now we know that devs can control the moment when a screenshot is taken when you get a trophy (Days Gone). If more devs could use this for their games, we wouldn't need this method. But yeah, I never thought something like this. And I'm pretty impressed that a lot of people don't care but a lot of people do care about a stupid place in a leaderboard ??

Trophy screenshots are somewhat important for me. I usually see them to remember how awesome some games were for me.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 2

I wasn’t aware that some people were upset with this. ?

I don’t do this all the time, mainly because I’m lazy. But I’ve become so irritated with how many of my platinum screenshots are black screens or in game menus that I’ve begun using the switcheroo method for some games. It’s nice to have a picture of you know... the actual game. Lol. I also find this can be pretty cool in the prettier games out there with photo modes.

• Like 1