What's your opinion on "fake" platinum screenshots?

MrZhangetsu

YES, I admit I am one of the players that love collecting those "fake" platinum screenshots, I work so hard to earn the platinum, why not make the result look nicer ?

I even sometimes share my "fake" platinum screenshot here when I take some nice one. 

• Like 1

If you have to resort to this, you are already a sad person by definition in my book, and so I couldn't care less if you stroke your ego this way...

It's like posting a photoshopped picture of you and Emma Stone and telling the world she's your girlfriend...

You wanna be a loser? Go right ahead, I'll sit back and laugh with a bucket of popcorn :popcorn:

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Man, I don't even bother with the real screenshots...

...first thing I did when I got my console was disable that function.

That's precious hard-drive space that could be used for games! 1f602.png

you-me.gif

• Like 1

On 19/5/2022 at 11:11 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Man, I don't even bother with the real screenshots...

...first thing I did when I got my console was disable that function.

That's precious hard-drive space that could be used for games! 1f602.png

Same thought, but I didn't even know you can turn off the auto screenshots option. I delete all of them few months after getting the platinum, space on hard disk is limited and, even if they're just few megabytes, it is always better to delete what is not useful.

• Like 1

Just now, Marco-Snake- said:

Same thought, but I didn't even know you can turn off the auto screenshots option. I delete all of them few months after getting the platinum, space on hard disk is limited and, even if they're just few megabytes, it is always better to delete what is not useful.

It's possible, but curiously well hidden in the menus - to be honest, I can't remember how to find the option, but it's definitely there if you search for it! ?

• Like 1

I like to keep all my trophy screenshots because they can help bring back certain memories I have of a game (not that I ever really look back through old trophy lists on console but I've got over 5000 PS4 trophies and the screenshots only take up about 1.5GB of space so may as well keep them)

Don't really see the point of using a fake screenshot but it's harmless so who cares really

On 30/06/2020 at 7:27 AM, MrZhangetsu said:

What do you guys think about using the 1, 2, Switcheroo method to 'fake' trophy screenshots? By which I mean this: https://platget.com/how-to-take-perfect-platinum-screenshots/

I know some people who seem to be vehemently against it, like it's somehow akin to cheating.

Edit: I should clarify that I'm talking mostly about "faking" platinum screenshots for the express purpose of uploading them to social media. A lot of trophy hunters like to show off about their latest achievement and upload the platinum screenshot to places like r/Trophies on Reddit along with their impressions. However, some platinum screenshots end up being a dud, which is why this method has garnered some traction.

I've seen this and when you try to check their profile is private ?.

I'm all for it if you want to have a nice platinum screenshot. Personally I can't be bothered with the effort. I honestly don't even keep the screenshots on my PS4. Everything gets deleted because I just never use them. Unless I personally go out of my way to take a shot of something in-game.

When I was finishing GT Sport, I planned it so my final trophy was for taking 100 pictures so I could get the plat whenever I wanted. Here is the actual platinum screenshot:

p711bVf.jpg

Here is the manual screenshot I took a second later with the trophy pop-up still on screen:

Pdo4rfh.jpg

I am content with my decision to do this and don't really see why anyone should care if people do it.

• Like 4

Do what you want, who cares. It serves hardly any purpose for legitimacy, if you care that much you could just record the final moments before the trophy. At least I assume that’s what other people’s arguments against this are about, otherwise I don’t really understand what the problem is. The only time I might do this is to have it showing “deleting game” if it ended up being really bad or tedious lol..

I mean, no one cares about your profile. No one cares if you get a plat. And no one cares what your plat screenshot looks like, whether fake or not. The only person that really cares is you, so I don't see why it matters.