Game is worth the $60?

VetoShizuko

Yo sup guys? I just wanted to know if you guys think I should go ahead and pick this up or just wait for a price drop. I actually got Lollipop Chainsaw Day 1 and it's a pretty decent game but wasn't worth the 60 bucks I spent on it lol. I don't wanna make the same mistake. I love Suda games but I know his games are usually short. Sooooooo.....opinions?

Yo sup guys? I just wanted to know if you guys think I should go ahead and pick this up or just wait for a price drop. I actually got Lollipop Chainsaw Day 1 and it's a pretty decent game but wasn't worth the 60 bucks I spent on it lol. I don't wanna make the same mistake. I love Suda games but I know his games are usually short. Sooooooo.....opinions?

id wait his games are great hes one of my favorites but amount of playtime and content doesnt justify a full retail pricetage

If you regretted buying Lollipop Chainsaw for full price I highly doubt Killer is Dead will be any different for you.  The story is pretty short (took me 7 and a half hours the first time through, seems closer to 3 or 4 if you skip the cutscenes) and the camera is TERRIBLE.  Combat is a mixed bag, you can mash your way through it and be successful but there is a small amount of technique to be had if you're willing to try.

The story is pretty vague but the characters are typical Suda awesomeness.  There's several challenges and sub-missions to extend the game and their quality is about on par with everything else gameplay-wise (aka: mediocre).  People are bitching about the Gigalo missions being sexist or whatever but that seems to be because it's in an average game instead of a AAA title like GoW (which I would argue is far worse). 

Getting the platinum, if you're into that sort of thing, looks like it's gonna take a while though.  3 playthroughs minimum because difficulty trophies don't stack, getting a AAA rank on all story, side, sub-missions and challenges, ranking up your blood, health, guns, and abilities to max and worst of all, grinding 100 million dollars.

Getting the platinum, if you're into that sort of thing, looks like it's gonna take a while though.  3 playthroughs minimum because difficulty trophies don't stack, getting a AAA rank on all story, side, sub-missions and challenges, ranking up your blood, health, guns, and abilities to max and worst of all, grinding 100 million dollars.

WTF Suda, he did the same thing with Shadows of the Damned. Thats just stupid, making people play through a game repeatedly on different skill levels to plat it. I much prefer playing once on the hardest level and getting all the difficulty trophies at once.

Scratch this off my list.

• Like 1

WTF Suda, he did the same thing with Shadows of the Damned. Thats just stupid, making people play through a game repeatedly on different skill levels to plat it. I much prefer playing once on the hardest level and getting all the difficulty trophies at once.

Scratch this off my list.

Multiple playthroughs is nothing different for Suda games.  Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadows of the Damned, No More Heroes, and Killer is Dead all require 3 for plat.  On the plus side the games are usually short and while you're doing the multiple playthroughs you can work on other things simultaneously that you can't get done in one shot.  The 3 playthroughs is no where near what it'll take to grind 100 million dollars.  From what I hear going through the three difficulties and AAA ranking everything (on one difficulty) will get you just about half way there.  My one playthrough and all sub-missions got me about 15 million.  Adding the challenges and gigolo missions might take it up to about 20 million.

Edited by skidmarkgn

I

I wouldn't recommend paying anything over 30$, the Suda games are typically short with the added incentive of... multiple playthrough trophies to make you play it. I've only played Lollipop Chainsaw and barely played Shadows, but it seems as if the games push towards a funny story then an actual decent game.

and another thing is if this game is anything like his prev games u cant skip cut scenes in playthrus

You can skip cut-scenes and it cuts out a ton of time from a playthrough (pretty cut-scene heavy game).  My first playthrough took me 7 and a half hours.  The first seven (of 12) episodes of my 2nd playthrough took me about 2 hours and the last five shouldn't take much more than an hour-and-a-half without the cut-scenes.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I got this for €10 (instead €60). I'm enjoying it, even the cutscenes are impressive (so I dont care about if you can or cannot skip them)

I'm a Trophy Hunter: just because difficulty trophies dont stack, doesnt mean I'm not going to play it. Besides, the first 3 chapters are really short (first one, 38 seconds, second one 1 minute...) and you can change difficulty before/after each chapter... Those are not the most difficult trophies. Besides, it's only 7 hours for all story mode, its like playing The Last of Us Hard Mode, Survivor Mode and Survivor+ (+/- 45 hours) for Plat. If you enjoy the game, who cares how many PT you have to do to plat?

Wait for the price to drop and buy it :)

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...