Crysis Remastered Release Date, Trailer and Trophies leaked

Sinthoras_96

4 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

The Microsoft Store has leaked the official gameplay trailer of Crysis Remastered and therefore the release date as well. 

Someone captured it before it was removed:

Release Date is 23th of July. (Imho a missed opportunity since the game is set in August 2020. Would have been badass to release it on the day it's set). 

The achievement list leaked as well. It's identical with the last gen list 

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Crysis-Remastered/achievements

To be honest would have prefer a remake. I can just go play this on my PS3. Too much remasters these days instead of remakes. Just my thoughts.

• Like 3

This is one of those games that I've wanted to play, but never got around to it (on Xbox 360).

I'll inevitably wait for a sale, but I'm likely to pick it up at some point and add it to the ridiculous backlog.. ?

Edited by iXanon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cometowner said:

Are you sure this a remaster? To me it looks like a port  

see below image 

crysis-remastered-s-2.jpg

Digital foundry will have fun with this 

It's coming for pc as well, also it definitely looks better than the original even if the difference isnt that huge. But it's definitely a remaster not a remake like mafia which comes out 1 month later. I hoped they would adjust the nanosuit so it will handle like the one in crysis 2 and 3 but i think that won't be the case.

Just now, westersburg said:

It's coming for pc as well, also it definitely looks better than the original even if the difference isnt that huge. But it's definitely a remaster not a remake like mafia which comes out 1 month later. I hoped they would adjust the nanosuit so it will handle like the one in crysis 2 and 3 but i think that won't be the case.

Mafia 2 was remastered, 1 is a full remake for. 

Crysis 1 is too old and deserves the same treatment especially Crytek has not made a strong AAA game since Crysis 3 except to Ryse son of Rome. 

8 minutes ago, cometowner said:

Mafia 2 was remastered, 1 is a full remake for. 

Crysis 1 is too old and deserves the same treatment especially Crytek has not made a strong AAA game since Crysis 3 except to Ryse son of Rome. 

That's what i said. Crysis 1 doesnt need a full remake since the original is still holding up pretty well to this point (pc version not inferior last gen console version). A full remake would be better but i think they just want an easy cash grab to finance potential new games.

2 hours ago, cometowner said:

You realize that it's officially called Remastered in the Trailer and on the website? 

Also this unofficial trailer rip is only 720p. Wait for the official 4K video tomorrow.

And even if it was just a port it would still look and feel better than the PS3 version.

Edited by Sinthoras_96

I honestly expect a 30 fps technical mediocre remaster on consoles as the cry engine is not running to well on consoles in general. Im looking forward to it, because the game itself is great, but since it is "only a remaster" they could have made the whole trilogy for like 50 bucks.

Never played a Crysis game before, but I've seen graphical videos and comparisons to other games that came out years later, and I must say from a technical standpoint it has me quite intrigued. Maybe an end of year purchase for me, if reviews of this are good. What games does this really compare to though in terms of gameplay and story?

4 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Never played a Crysis game before, but I've seen graphical videos and comparisons to other games that came out years later, and I must say from a technical standpoint it has me quite intrigued. Maybe an end of year purchase for me, if reviews of this are good. What games does this really compare to though in terms of gameplay and story?

Thats not easy tbh. The story is pretty much the classic alien invasion, so not that special in general, but the details and characters make it interesting. In terms of gameplay the first one is a shooter with open areas and optional side missions. Definitely not the typical battlefield / CoD level design. The 2nd one was very linear and the 3rd one was like a hybrid of those two level designs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DF007gamer said:

To be honest would have prefer a remake. I can just go play this on my PS3. Too much remasters these days instead of remakes. Just my thoughts.

You can play the PS3 version, but it's awful. On harder difficulties, you would need fluid movement, but sometimes you get like 15-25 fps.

On 6/30/2020 at 9:13 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

The Microsoft Store has leaked the official gameplay trailer of Crysis Remastered and therefore the release date as well. 

Someone captured it before it was removed:

Release Date is 23th of July. (Imho a missed opportunity since the game is set in August 2020. Would have been badass to release it on the day it's set). 

The achievement list leaked as well. It's identical with the last gen list 

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Crysis-Remastered/achievements

Ill pass.  Just money grab for them. Allready have all 3 100% on ps3?

• Like 3

On 30.6.2020 at 10:51 AM, cometowner said:

see below image 

crysis-remastered-s-2.jpg

Digital foundry will have fun with this 

A remaster is a port with just upgraded visuals and sound, that looks slightly better than orginal. But yeah your right it looks like they've just ported it with no changes.

8 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

A remaster is a port with just upgraded visuals and sound, that looks slightly better than orginal. But yeah your right it looks like they've just ported it with no changes.

Thats completely wrong, especially for the pc version. If you just port the 2007 version to current gen consoles it would be an upgrade to the last gen version, but since they are releasing this game for pc as a remastered you can expect that there will be visual upgrades. Also they already mentioned new techniques like raytracing which wasnt a thing back in 2007 and 2011.

5 hours ago, westersburg said:

Thats completely wrong, especially for the pc version. If you just port the 2007 version to current gen consoles it would be an upgrade to the last gen version, but since they are releasing this game for pc as a remastered you can expect that there will be visual upgrades. Also they already mentioned new techniques like raytracing which wasnt a thing back in 2007 and 2011.

no its not. From google: Remaster (also digital remastering and digitally remastered) refers to changing the quality of the sound or of the image, or both, of previously created recordings, either audiophonic, cinematic, or videographic.

EDIT: I also think that trailer that leaked showed it as a port. Also ps4 does not do Ray tracing, but however they do a good job on faking it with Lightning and reflektions and stuff. Not even pro has Ray tracing. PS5 on the other hand will do it. So do your research man :) 

Edited by DividedByMankind

52 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

no its not. From google: Remaster (also digital remastering and digitally remastered) refers to changing the quality of the sound or of the image, or both, of previously created recordings, either audiophonic, cinematic, or videographic.

EDIT: I also think that trailer that leaked showed it as a port. Also ps4 does not do Ray tracing, but however they do a good job on faking it with Lightning and reflektions and stuff. Not even pro has Ray tracing. PS5 on the other hand will do it. So do your research man :) 

I did man. I know that ps4 and especially switch are not supporting HARDWARE raytracing. They mentioned they do it software based whatever that means so it's not so stressfull for the gpu. Also i was refering to the pc version. PS4 version wont look to great compared to the pc one. Thats a no brainer. Anyone who expected that from a cryengine game especially crytek is completely lost. PC version will definitely be a remaster even though it won't be a huge visual leap like the original was back then. That means there will be probably some pcs out there which can run the game on constant 60fps (NO pc can do this in the vtol level, thats why they removed it in the console version)

Oh and keep in mind that the trailer was recorded in low 720p settings. 4k will definitely make a difference there.

Everyone who wants a visual upgrade will play it on pc thats for sure. I know that quite some players are just waiting for it to get another platinum and reexperience some old memories.

Edited by westersburg

I am not blown away by this remastered version of the game! I don't believe that in 4K it's going to look any better. To be honest much if not all the so called remastered games we have received so far were sub-par compared to games already out on our consoles, though I don't know how things are on the PC side of things. That aside I still would want to try it out, provided it wont cost more than 40 euro's.

1 hour ago, SmokeyElNinja said:

I am not blown away by this remastered version of the game! I don't believe that in 4K it's going to look any better. To be honest much if not all the so called remastered games we have received so far were sub-par compared to games already out on our consoles, though I don't know how things are on the PC side of things. That aside I still would want to try it out, provided it wont cost more than 40 euro's.

Switch version costs 30 $ so i assume it will be the same for xbox and playstation