Epic is basically not supporting this game anymore

OmegaRejectz

Everyone has known that they basically haven’t done anything with this game since it released, but with Version 13.20 it basically sealed this games fate. They aren’t allowing BR cosmetics to transfer in a few months, you can’t find STW on the Xbox or PS Store, they aren’t making it free to play, it’s leaving Early Access & they said it’ll get less updates (like it got frequent updates anyways). Maybe they’ll keep the servers up  for 5+ years. But if there’s some game breaking bug or something don’t expect it to ever get fixed as the support is out the window.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Everyone has known that they basically haven’t done anything with this game since it released, but with Version 13.20 it basically sealed this games fate. They aren’t allowing BR cosmetics to transfer in a few months, you can’t find STW on the Xbox or PS Store, they aren’t making it free to play, it’s leaving Early Access & they said it’ll get less updates (like it got frequent updates anyways). Maybe they’ll keep the servers up  for 5+ years. But if there’s some game breaking bug or something don’t expect it to ever get fixed as the support is out the window.

Huh that's interesting. Never played it but I thought it was like the most popular game in the world or something?

55 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Huh that's interesting. Never played it but I thought it was like the most popular game in the world or something?

This is about the Paid Campaign for the game called "Save the World" It's the original game mode but the Battle Royal mode came out for free later on and that mode of the game is the most played. Because of that, the main mode of the game has been abandoned.

• Like 3

It mentions on the page for the free Fortnite download that it gives you access to purchase the Save The World campaign still. Does it give any option in-game for people to be able to buy it still?

And if they did a sudden delisting guess can expect those already limited physical copies to go up even more in price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Quick question. Are you planning on playing STW any time soon. I understand your complaint but you haven't played STW 

Updates notes for anyone interested: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/fortnite-save-the-world-update-state-of-development

While the main story of Save the World is complete, there are still adventures to be had.” - Twine Peaks will never get a narrative so which is a shame.

”Save the World’s massive library of existing Heroes, Schematics, and Questlines will rotate in throughout each season, with a handful of new quests and Heroes coming in at a slower pace.” - more recycled events, great.

I am interested to see what the ‘Ventures’ will be like at least

• Like 1

There really wasn't a reason to keep it in early access anymore. The Switch version was a full release (because it didn't have STW). I'm guessing STW won't be in the PS5/Xbox Series X release, so it was time to finally just release the thing fully on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

As for some BR skins now working in STW, I'm pretty sure it's due to how they've been creating skins/items that work together and they don't want to program them to work in STW. For example, last season there was Skye and Meowcles who had built-in emotes, with Skye's being a traversal one (it works while you're moving), and this season has Kit, who has another traversal emote (I think? I haven't unlocked him yet but it says he has a built-in emote). As the BR skins become more complex, it means they'd have to do more testing in STW.

Finally I have a feeling greed is another motivator. STW gives you a hell of a lot of free v-bucks. They probably want less people playing it so more people have to buy v-bucks.

Edit: I had no idea about this until now. Non-founders get no v-bucks from daily quests, so from now on, any non-founder doesn't get as many free v-bucks from the game.

Edited by Caesar Clown
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

Updates notes for anyone interested: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/fortnite-save-the-world-update-state-of-development

While the main story of Save the World is complete, there are still adventures to be had.” - Twine Peaks will never get a narrative so which is a shame.

”Save the World’s massive library of existing Heroes, Schematics, and Questlines will rotate in throughout each season, with a handful of new quests and Heroes coming in at a slower pace.” - more recycled events, great.

I am interested to see what the ‘Ventures’ will be like at least

That actually sound better to those who waited then they talk further down this Thursday their releasing a new pack for $20 that includes Save the World access plus some other bonuses. Glad to see their not shutting it down completely but the cheaper entry price might revitalize the Campaign.

With that said though it does raise a question though to as how much of the "early access" money went into their BR mode over Campaign.

Epic clearly makes a gazillion money more from the free version than from STW. What were you expecting?

Also being a game mode with a final objective it had to be sealed at some point. It's what they did, and it's understandable.

I'm not a fan but the free version is awesomely created and nurtured. Nothing else comes even close, but granted very few to any developers get that much money from a title to support this.

22 hours ago, DF007gamer said:

Quick question. Are you planning on playing STW any time soon. I understand your complaint but you haven't played STW 

Nope. I’ve played a TON of BR & have checked out STW on my friends accounts but I had no intentions to platinum or play it on my account. I just find it ridiculous how Epic completely abandoned STW.

11 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

That actually sound better to those who waited then they talk further down this Thursday their releasing a new pack for $20 that includes Save the World access plus some other bonuses. Glad to see their not shutting it down completely but the cheaper entry price might revitalize the Campaign.

With that said though it does raise a question though to as how much of the "early access" money went into their BR mode over Campaign.

It’s only a matter of time before it’s unlaunchable. They’ve stopped support (since the mode launched its got almost no content) and it’ll get even less (I didn’t even know that was possible) they’ll just milk it for as long as possible without having to spend any actual dev time on it

On 01/07/2020 at 5:16 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

It’s only a matter of time before it’s unlaunchable. They’ve stopped support (since the mode launched its got almost no content) and it’ll get even less (I didn’t even know that was possible) they’ll just milk it for as long as possible without having to spend any actual dev time on it

It's not gonna be unavailable anytime soon Epic already said they plan to keep it in the article but they will be no longer including no further cosmetics and such with it.

The only reason why they had to get rid of the old packs was because of them leaving early access which is what they were for. And again the new pack that came out today has the Campaign access in it. I doubt Epic will shut it down it's already there and it gives them just that little extra value they can toss on future packs even.

Hopefully the trophies get fixed again. This isn't the first time the trophies have been broken.

I'm less than 80 games away from getting my last 2 trophies. I'd be pretty pissed if the plat was unobtainable after approximately 1500 hours of grinding lol.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Hopefully the trophies get fixed again. This isn't the first time the trophies have been broken.

I'm less than 80 games away from getting my last 2 trophies. I'd be pretty pissed if the plat was unobtainable after approximately 1500 hours of grinding lol.

Oh no!  I want to try and plat this game, too, right after I'm done with Friday the 13th.  I hope I have a reasonable chance to do so, but I am turned off by buggy trophies.

Edited by IntroPhenom

On 7/2/2020 at 7:29 AM, VigilantCrow said:

I'm not quite as close as you are, but I'm pretty close myself. The only thing we can do is keep grinding towards the finish line, and hope 1) someone at Epic notices trophies don't work anymore, 2) someone at Epic cares that trophies don't work anymore, and 3) someone at Epic allocates the time and resources to get trophies to work again. Maybe if we're lucky it'll get taken care of by August.