Epic is basically not supporting this game anymore

OmegaRejectz

Looks like they still care about STW as they fixed some minor STW-related bugs quite quickly, of course not nearly as much as for BR but that's understandable, money talks.

They probably didn't fix it together with other issues because it's platform specific issue and affects only ps4, such tickets obviously get lower priority than others. For example there is another one ps4 specific bug with replays in BR mode that also isn't getting fixed for a long time.

Still this is embarrassing to see that it takes so long to fix such annoying bug which prevents all ps4 player base to progress with trophies, especially taking into account that this isn't happening for the first time...

10 hours ago, Edx5005 said:

I’m honestly frustrated because of this... I spent a lot of my summer grinding for the platinum :(

Even me but it’s winter in Australia grinded for 4 months to see this happen. Like I’m 2 trophies off 98% survivors saved 95% must monsters killed 

I've slowed down my grinding of survivors and mist monsters considerably since the game came out of early access and trophies stopped working, but if that hadn't happened I feel I could have finished up everything by next week. I hope they fix trophy support soon, because I'd hate to think I missed the platinum because it took me 21 and a half months instead of 20.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gethron said:

I've slowed down my grinding of survivors and mist monsters considerably since the game came out of early access and trophies stopped working, but if that hadn't happened I feel I could have finished up everything by next week. I hope they fix trophy support soon, because I'd hate to think I missed the platinum because it took me 21 and a half months instead of 20.

IKR I been playing since 18 of July 2018 but Decided to go for the plat now but I started my grinding may 1 when I already had about 50+% for the trophies 

13 hours ago, TheCed said:

When should we expect the next patch ???

We get a patch about twice a month. We just got the mid-August patch yesterday. It doesn't look like anyone's popped any trophies again yet, and the Fortnite Trello still shows the trophy problem as "Investigating". So get back in the car and buckle up, 'cause the next rest stop's not until September.

Golden rule of thumb: Do not add and play long, time consuming online only games for trophies.

Dead Star and Marvel Heroes Omega are proof internet, multiplayer only games are highly volatile and unstable. Unless it's a game from a reputable developer, best to avoid that shit.

Wasn't going to touch Fortnite with a 10 foot long pole. Now I'm glad I didn't.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 0:50 AM, UltraFire121 said:

So Epic Games is basically an asshole?

Yes. 

23 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Golden rule of thumb: Do not add and play long, time consuming online only games for trophies.

Dead Star and Marvel Heroes Omega are proof internet, multiplayer only games are highly volatile and unstable. Unless it's a game from a reputable developer, best to avoid that shit.

Wasn't going to touch Fortnite with a 10 foot long pole. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Challenge accepted. GT Sport & FFXIV are awaiting me, LOL. 

On 3/8/2020 at 7:31 PM, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

I don't think they care about trophies because it didn't make as much money as battle royal did

The thing that personally pisses me off about, is that Epic never cared to put trophies for Battle Royale. For Apex Legends, Activision did. For Hyper Scape, Ubisoft did! For Dauntless, Tera and many other F2P games, companies did it! They even have a Platinum! But for their pay version for a game they don't give a F... I played more than anything that thing and they refuse to add a simple list just to keep their freaking player base (despite a trophy/achievement list aside like many other games feature, and could gather more people they neglect the opportunity... but, hey! Again, they don't couldn't care less). Yes, BR is swarmed by children and annoying (mostly trolls) people who only play for sake of their egos, but it gave me a relief from time to time and I find it fun, specially with friends. Smh. 

And now they even lack the decency to warn that you won't be able to get trophies in the only available mode from their hen that lays golden eggs. Really, that is unfortunate.

17 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Ironically enough Final Fantasy XV is already unobtainable if you're looking for the 100 percent because of the Multiplayer Comrades DLC. You should be good with Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Gran Turismo Sport should be good for a few more years.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2020 at 9:03 AM, Xenoblast91 said:

Yes. 

The thing that personally pisses me off about, is that Epic never cared to put trophies for Battle Royale. For Apex Legends, Activision did. For Hyper Scape, Ubisoft did! For Dauntless, Tera and many other F2P games, companies did it! They even have a Platinum! But for their pay version for a game they don't give a F... I played more than anything that thing and they refuse to add a simple list just to keep their freaking player base (despite a trophy/achievement list aside like many other games feature, and could gather more people they neglect the opportunity... but, hey! Again, they don't couldn't care less). Yes, BR is swarmed by children and annoying (mostly trolls) people who only play for sake of their egos, but it gave me a relief from time to time and I find it fun, specially with friends. Smh. 

And now they even lack the decency to warn that you won't be able to get trophies in the only available mode from their hen that lays golden eggs. Really, that is unfortunate.

STW and BR is technically one game, since STW came out first the trophy list was already there and people already got platinum for doing STW mode.
They could add trophies as a DLC pack for sure but IMO it's good that they didn't. With their strong passion for insane grind that could be something like win 1,000 games in solo mode, kill 10,000 player opponents with grenades, reboot your teammates 100,000 times, revive your teammates 1,000,000 times, heal your teammates for 10,000,000 HP with bandage bazooka, thank the bus driver 100,000,000 times...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Spaz said:

Ironically enough Final Fantasy XV is already unobtainable if you're looking for the 100 percent because of the Multiplayer Comrades DLC. You should be good with Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Gran Turismo Sport should be good for a few more years.

Supposedly, you can still 100% FFXV if you do some tricks with a proxy to download a patch level high enough to activate the Comrades DLC, but low enough to not disable it. Still, pretty scummy by Squeenix to disable the DLC even if they did compensate by giving you the standalone free.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gethron said:

Supposedly, you can still 100% FFXV if you do some tricks with a proxy to download a patch level high enough to activate the Comrades DLC, but low enough to not disable it. Still, pretty scummy by Squeenix to disable the DLC even if they did compensate by giving you the standalone free.

You absolutely can play comrades by following the methods posted in various places around the internet (including this site).

Source: I used it earlier this year

• Like 1

With how many bugs the BR mode has, I would not want them to add trophies related to it. I finally finished the "First" challenge card for this season, by getting the first kill in a match.... in the middle of the match when around 20 people were already dead. I had just gotten my 2nd kill and suddenly it popped up. There's also several challenge cards you can't finish, been like that the entire season. If you collect too many XP coins in a match, the challenge card just breaks, not awarding you credit past a certain number.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

STW and BR is technically one game, since STW came out first the trophy list was already there and people already got platinum for doing STW mode.
They could add trophies as a DLC pack for sure but IMO it's good that they didn't. With their strong passion for insane grind that could be something like win 1,000 games in solo mode, kill 10,000 player opponents with grenades, reboot your teammates 100,000 times, revive your teammates 1,000,000 times, heal your teammates for 10,000,000 HP with bandage bazooka, thank the bus driver 100,000,000 times...

My God, I forgot that Epic is absurdly fixated with grinding trophies lists that are absurdingly tedious. I got the plat, but I'm just complaining because 2 years ago I found the game really interesting and addictive. But since Season 2 came.out, it is more like a big "meh". Lost interested and just plat it for sake of the love it burst when playing BR. 

However, as a trophy list as DLC isn't required. I played a game called Driveclub which included 2 different, yet the same game in a single bundle. Hence, 2 trophy lists for the sake of only one. But honestly, if they want to keep their almost dead player base in recent times, they should betray that freaking anxiety for grinding achievements (like Seriously on Gears of War) and add for all us who departed their game, LOL. 

5 hours ago, Gethron said:

Did the 100% of FFXV. Amazing and beautiful game imo, and honestly I still play it. Few hunts left and so. But XIV seems grind af but I not sure if I would like it. Going to try the free version tho. Not really sure by lack of time.

4 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

With how many bugs the BR mode has, I would not want them to add trophies related to it. I finally finished the "First" challenge card for this season, by getting the first kill in a match.... in the middle of the match when around 20 people were already dead. I had just gotten my 2nd kill and suddenly it popped up. There's also several challenge cards you can't finish, been like that the entire season. If you collect too many XP coins in a match, the challenge card just breaks, not awarding you credit past a certain number.

Really hate that new mechanic, I find it tedious and without any impact in the gameplay at all. By the next season that will be wiped out and you need to repeat. Lacks a true purpose for even trying to do them. Hence, trophies seems more long lasting rather than that those in game challenges imo.

Edited by Xenoblast91
  • Like 1

Saw this coming a long way off. It was an interesting concept, but it still needed a lot of work and I guess with the popularity of the BR they decided their resources were better spent elsewhere, which is fair enough. Not interested in grinding for the 5 trophies I'm missing for the platinum, it would make me miserable, the time investment just isn't worth it.