Is it worth buying this for £3.74?

ShahinMiah

Currently on the EU store for £3.74 and I've had my eye on this for a very long time. I know it received pretty bad reviews and all but I wanted to see myself just because the gameplay does look quite appealing to me despite the reviews and I would like to hear how it is from everyone else and your verdicts before I decide to buy it

Edited by ShahinMiah

No, boring and repetitive gameplay, controls are not very responsive, every campaign level is exactly the same where you need to defend some towers or save x number of humans, besides campaign, there are 2 other modes that play exactly the same, the only difference is that in one mode you can't respawn and in the other mode the levels are randomly generated, the upgrade or skill tree isn’t balanced, the game makes you grind some levels for what seems like no reward, in the middle of the combat a dialogue box pops and breaks the flow of the combat... even if you like dismembering and killing stupid giant ogres that can 1 hit kill you, It's not worth 3£

• Like 1

It's probably a mediocre game at best.  It does get repetitive and it can be very annoying to climb up on a ogre and get shaken off or miss your hit repeatedly.  Overall, the most annoying part to me was the loading times for the Rescue Runs.  Over a minute and a half to load and then you're dumped straight into something with a short time limit...  If you aren't ready to go when it loads, then you'll have to load it all again.  Fail and load again.  Just very annoying.  But, at least it didn't take too many attempts.

Overall, despite the issues, I don't regret playing the game.  There's some fun to be had in hacking off the ogres' limbs and some challenge in the game.  And while it would have been good to have more variety and less repetitiveness, at least it's not a very long game.

It's got a 47/100 on metacritic, which is pretty fair, imo.

Thank you for all the feedback. Will definitely think about it and if I do decide to purchase it, I’ll definitely be using the guide you’ve created ?

10 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Honestly for 3 and a half bucks, sure. It's not too bad. It's not good by any means, but the gameplay is alright if you can get a handle on the controls. I also wrote the trophy guide for it on this site so if you need any help figuring things out, I got your back. 1f609.png

• 6 months later...

No.. This game fucking blows.. Blows more than a whore in the back alley on a Friday and Saturday night.
I'd rather get a suck job from a toothless crack bitch than play this game, wish I didn't even start this game, now I have to finish it.

Edited by DerHerzeleid
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DerHerzeleid said:

No.. This game fucking blows.. Blows more than a whore in the back alley on a Friday and Saturday night.
I'd rather get a suck job from a toothless crack bitch than play this game, wish I didn't even start this game, now I have to finish it.

Ngl, I kind of enjoyed it. At first, dealing with the harder enemies weren't so enjoyable but with all the upgrades and knowing exactly how to deal with them, honestly it brought some satisfaction. Sometimes frustrating because of the 3 stars you need to get but other than that, not so bad of a game

• 6 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 10:55 AM, DerHerzeleid said:

Hahaha dude, that shit was legendary, it really that bad> im a completionist too, about to start it, doesn't seem too hard right?

• 4 months later...

Look I got it for $4. Australian no less. It feels like a PSN title to me.

Sure I have played better games, but I had enough fun with it and played games I consider much worse. It is pretty much the same thing over and over for 34 missions. 

If you liked shadow of the colossus, darksiders and castlevania: Lords of Shadow you probably won't despise it. But I would have been gravely disappointed if I paid full price.

Edited by Shady_Wombat

• 11 months later...

The game is mediocre but worth 3-4 $/Euros.

The most horrible thing is loading time.Rescue runs last for 2-3 minutes but if you restart you will watch the loading screen 90 seconds,I counted exactly. ?

Also 4/10 difficulty is too low in my opinion but I didn't bother to get any better so there is that.

Edited by blazkowicz6