General Trophy Advice/Tips/Suggestions

Jelly Soup

I can't go back as I spent too long with it at the start of lockdown and eventually fatigued but it is really enjoyable with some mates particularly for a free game.

Would loved to have come across these tips at the start of the journey so this will be very helpful for those starting out.

I never did work out how to use the power to land on a behemoths head to do damage whilst clinging on a la shadow of the colossus, I unlocked it but never found out how, maybe I just didn't fight the right collosi?

1 minute ago, Aceterix said:

I never did work out how to use the power to land on a behemoths head to do damage whilst clinging on a la shadow of the colossus, I unlocked it but never found out how, maybe I just didn't fight the right collosi?

There are two versions of this:

1. Basically hitbox errors, where instead of jumping down or using a particular skill, you land on the behemoths back. Depending on the skill equipped and the quick thinking of the player, this can either be an advantage or a major pain. It's normally the latter.

2. The behemoth Malkarion has a mounting mechanic as part of it's fight.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

There are two versions of this:

1. Basically hitbox errors, where instead of jumping down or using a particular skill, you land on the behemoths back. Depending on the skill equipped and the quick thinking of the player, this can either be an advantage or a major pain. It's normally the latter.

2. The behemoth Malkarion has a mounting mechanic as part of it's fight.

Aha it was the latter of which I was thinking, I'm pretty sure I fought a malkariona few times after getting the notification about it but I was probably too busy getting dead to use the mechanic.

• 6 months later...

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of this advice list isn't helpful anymore, since progression has been completely overhauled in the last two patches.

Generally focusing on powering up your weapons and reaching XP goals on behemoths will be the way to go, reroll, repeat. 

• 2 months later...
On 2021-01-07 at 1:10 AM, Jelly Soup said:

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of this advice list isn't helpful anymore, since progression has been completely overhauled in the last two patches.

Generally focusing on powering up your weapons and reaching XP goals on behemoths will be the way to go, reroll, repeat. 

Do you know if the recent patches made it more or less grindy?

On 4/4/2021 at 10:33 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

Do you know if the recent patches made it more or less grindy?

Grind takes about the same time, but it's more rewarding with how equipment upgrades work. Won't feel like you're beating your head against a wall for the last pack of levels.

I do need to add notes to the first post, lots of what I've got there is outdated information now that the game works differently.