PS3 Advice?

Hey, y'all. So, I need a new PS3 because mine is getting old and it's not wanting to register that I have a USB card inserted and has a few other issues such as only being 12GB (a fact that I didn't realize until after I bought it). I have USB drives with more memory than that. Unlike most people, I LOVE white consoles and I just found a white super slim 250GB model on Amazon. However, it says that it is the Japan model. Does this mean it is region-locked and will only accept JP games or does it just mean that the white model was exclusively released in Japan? The title says "CECH-4000B LW," so I assume that is the model number. Can someone that knows more about the technical aspects of gaming than I do help me out, please? If this one is region-locked, is there a way I can get a white super slim PS3 in America? I don't really care if it's 250GB or 500GB. Both will work for me. I'd also be interested in the red one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Hey, y'all. So, I need a new PS3 because mine is getting old and it's not wanting to register that I have a USB card inserted and has a few other issues such as only being 12GB (a fact that I didn't realize until after I bought it). I have USB drives with more memory than that. Unlike most people, I LOVE white consoles and I just found a white super slim 250GB model on Amazon. However, it says that it is the Japan model. Does this mean it is region-locked and will only accept JP games or does it just mean that the white model was exclusively released in Japan? The title says "CECH-4000B LW," so I assume that is the model number. Can someone that knows more about the technical aspects of gaming than I do help me out, please? If this one is region-locked, is there a way I can get a white super slim PS3 in America? I don't really care if it's 250GB or 500GB. Both will work for me. I'd also be interested in the red one.

It is region free, you won't have any issues playing US games on it. The only game you wouldn't be able to play on it is the US version of Persona 4 arena

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I have USB drives with more memory than that.

If your only issue with your current model is memory, just get a cheap HDD for it. Easy fix.

12 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Does this mean it is region-locked

No such thing as region locked PS3s. If its a PS3 disc, you can play it.

13 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

is there a way I can get a white super slim PS3 in America?

Try ebay or similar, plenty of ads there.

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It is region free, you won't have any issues playing US games on it. The only game you wouldn't be able to play on it is the US version of Persona 4 arena

Excellent! Thank you so much!

Just now, Aodir said:

If your only issue with your current model is memory, just get a cheap HDD for it. Easy fix.

No such thing as region locked PS3s. If its a PS3 disc, you can play it.

Try ebay or similar, plenty of ads there.

I just found one in a 500GB for like $75 in great condition! :D