"Only One" trophy - Full AFK Farming Method

yawran

For those who find this trophy to be a platinum blocker, here is a solution to save time and even more nerves.

First of all, every credit goes to its respective owners - those guys who took their time and effort to make experiments on the exact requirements of this tropy.

@Rezzua for making the first useful guide and keeping it updated
@KKrischanz for his pioneering approach

@Pieckenhagen4 for pointing out the "own goals- technique"

@Djeheuty for mentioning afk methods

and last but not least @HusKy for working out a full afk tutorial for any game needing to spam the X button

Preparing:

You need your PS4 console switched on, and and an available device to use PS Remote Play.

Official guide: https://www.playstation.com/hu-hu/explore/ps4/features/remote-play/

Completing the Volta story is not required but strongly recommended.

From this on, I am quoting @HusKy's  guide with appropriate modifications, all credits go for him

Prerequisites and initial setup

Install and setup PS4 Remote Play on your PC.
Install AutoHotKey (AHK from now on) - it's a free open-source software for all sorts of automation tasks (just Google it). It's awesome.

Steps

Download the following AHK script and save it somewhere, desktop works fine.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eacm2fxjwcy41bk/boost.ahk?dl=0

The link above will show you full contents of the script. It's harmless.
Start Remote Play on your PC, connect to your PS4 and launch Volta.
Go to Rio, play Event - Knock-out tournament with 3 opponent teams.
Change difficulty to the highest, legendary.
Start a game. Meanwhile Double click "boost.ahk" file. It will launch AutoHotKey - you will see green "H" icon in the lower-right clock area.
Press Ctrl+B. This is the hotkey for starting the macro. 
If you want to stop the script, just press Ctrl+B again.
You can also suspend/kill the script via "H" icon's right-click menu.

EDIT 2021. 03. 23. The original script is obsolete. 

Open the ahk script as a txt file and replace the commands with this:

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
DetectHiddenWindows, On

Gui, -MaximizeBox
Gui, -MinimizeBox
Gui, Add, Button, default, Start
Gui, Show,w150 h80, Generic X presser
return

Toggle := True
^b::
Toggle := !Toggle
ButtonStart:

SetKeyDelay, 200
WinGet, remotePlay_id, List, ahk_exe RemotePlay.exe
if (remotePlay_id = 0)
{
    MsgBox, PS Remote Play not found
    return
}
Loop, %remotePlay_id%
{
  id := remotePlay_id%A_Index%
  WinGetTitle, title, % "ahk_id " id
  If InStr(title, "PS")
    break
}    
WinGetClass, remotePlay_class, ahk_id %id%
WinMove, ahk_id %id%,, 0, 0, 400, 200
ControlFocus,, ahk_class %remotePlay_class%
WinActivate, ahk_id %id%

Loop
{
    If not Toggle
        break
    ControlSend,, {Enter down},  ahk_id %id%
    Sleep 20
    ControlSend,, {Enter up},  ahk_id %id%
    Sleep, 1000
}
return

PauseLoop:
  ControlSend,, {Enter up},  ahk_id %id%
  return

GuiClose:
gosub PauseLoop
^k::ExitApp

With this method you have a macro, that keeps spamming X (Enter button on the keyboard) for every second fo the Remote Play tab.

It means that you can play endless matches while you are away from the console. 
Go to work, go to school, go to sleep, whatever.

You are going to lose every game as the AI is aggressively attacking you, and the AHK is making sure that you keep playing matches.
Nearly every match is finished in the first half, meaning you play 2-3 minutes per match - but if not, the AI surely beats you the second half.

EDIT: The booster is programmed to work in an 'inactive' window, to let you use the computer for any other purpose. This means you should click down to taskbar the Remote Play window to actually begin the farming. You may check your progress any time by clicking up he window as the macro stops in an active application window. Click it down again to continue.

EDIT 2021. 03. 23. It works in an active window just as well.

Please also note that using the booster may restrict you from using some keyboard inputs. It may be solved, but i couldnt figure it out already. For me I had issues using the Shift button while the booster was active. 
EDIT 2021. 03. 23. It is still a minor issue.

Please consider reading some relevant topics on trophy to find the settings that suit you best.

You may finish this trophy with less effort than you would have thought.

Cheers!

Edited by yawran
  • Like 3

Hello, first - thanks for the script.

I have one question: Woul'd it be possible to add "go left" to to script? In that way, it woul'd go much faster because you can score own goals all the time. For a easier way to implement this, you could change the fifa settings, that you walk with the d-pad.

Is this possible?

PS: sorry for my bad English

7 hours ago, Interlobby said:

How long would this take total using this method? Let's say after you've beaten the VOLTA story?

I cannot tell surely as I played quite a lot games before starting to automatize the gameplay - I played like 6-8 hours with booster and still did not finish.
(However I match the required stats in defender position, so I am real close to the trophy)

Considering this I would say somewhere between 15 and 20 hours.

Edited by yawran

13 minutes ago, ENERGiiZERZ- said:

Hello, first - thanks for the script.

I have one question: Woul'd it be possible to add "go left" to to script? In that way, it woul'd go much faster because you can score own goals all the time. For a easier way to implement this, you could change the fifa settings, that you walk with the d-pad.

Is this possible?

PS: sorry for my bad English

It might be possible, however I was unable figure it out properly.

Please note that you need an input that is consinstently working.  It means you cannot rely on the actual events in the game.
How would you do the timing? How many X inputs needed before and after a Left input? These are things to consider and I could not come up with a solution yet. ?

For example if your player is out of position (as he may be eventually) he goes straight to the border of the pitch and messes up the whole process - you may not notice this as you might have been afk long ago.

This appoach is granting you that your players will give away possession and the AI is going to score 3 goals in 2-5 minutes and the games keep on playing repeatedly no matter what happens. 

So you have a good point but I cannot see how we may figure it out.

2 minutes ago, yawran said:

It might be possible, however I was unable figure it out properly.

Please note that you need an input that is consinstently working.  It means you cannot rely on the actual events in the game.
How would you do the timing? How many X inputs needed before and after a Left input? These are things to consider and I could not come up with a solution yet. 1f603.png

For example if your player is out of position (as he may be eventually) he goes straight to the border of the pitch and messes up the whole process - you may not notice this as you might have been afk long ago.

This appoach is granting you that your players will give away possession and the AI is going to score 3 goals in 2-5 minutes and the games keep on playing repeatedly no matter what happens. 

So you have a good point but I cannot see how we may figure it out.

Yesterday i done this with a rubber band and spammed X the whole time. Never had the problem that the ball not went into my own goal. I think this isn't a problem. 

More of a problem is this: "How would you do the timing? How many X inputs needed before and after a Left input? These are things to consider and I could not come up with a solution yet. 1f603.png"

>>> is it possible to have two loops in the script? So you could create two loops, one for "go left" (it has to be a very fast loop so set the time very low to to make sure the player passes to left) and the the second loop for the actual pass (lower than 1 sec, i think 200ms should be ok.)

Alternative (at the moment i'm not at home so i can't test it): Is it possible to use your controller AND the keyboard (aka script) at the same time? So you could rubber band the stick and let the script do the "X" thing.

33 minutes ago, ENERGiiZERZ- said:

Yesterday i done this with a rubber band and spammed X the whole time. Never had the problem that the ball not went into my own goal. I think this isn't a problem. 

More of a problem is this: "How would you do the timing? How many X inputs needed before and after a Left input? These are things to consider and I could not come up with a solution yet. 1f603.png"

>>> is it possible to have two loops in the script? So you could create two loops, one for "go left" (it has to be a very fast loop so set the time very low to to make sure the player passes to left) and the the second loop for the actual pass (lower than 1 sec, i think 200ms should be ok.)

Alternative (at the moment i'm not at home so i can't test it): Is it possible to use your controller AND the keyboard (aka script) at the same time? So you could rubber band the stick and let the script do the "X" thing.

You can set both X and joystick left at the same time, matches will take like 10 seconds and the whole process shouldn’t take more than 10hours of afk.

Check out this thread

Register the X-left on PS4 macro then you need the loop to work as fast as possible. I'm not an expert in these kind of things but I found that if you open another app on your pc (like a browser page) and have PS4 Macro working in background, the loop will start going very fast and will never fail.

• 2 weeks later...

The games should be played by the whole team. (Meaning you control the playing having possession) This ensures that you give away posession constantly, just to let the AI attack you accordingly.

This might not be clear (so I will edit the original post) but the macro is programmed to work for an inactive window. So you should click down the Remote Play window to taskbar to let the macro work. This feature lets use your computer for any other purpose you have in mind while doing the afk farming. You check your progress anytime clicking up the window, but you should click it down to continue the farming.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Edited by yawran

22 minutes ago, yawran said:

The games should be played by the whole team. (Meaning you control the playing having possession) This ensures that you give away posession constantly, just to let the AI attack you accordingly.

This might not be clear (so I will edit the original post) but the macro is programmed to work for an inactive window. So you should click down the Remote Play window to taskbar to let the macro work. This feature lets use your computer for any other purpose you have in mind while doing the afk farming. You check your progress anytime clicking up the window, but you should click it down to continue the farming.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your reply, I'll give it another go and let you know if ok

I've tried again should the AI be kicking the around, I'd assume so if X is being spammed by the script?

17 minutes ago, CloudS7x said:

Thanks for your reply, I'll give it another go and let you know if ok

I've tried again should the AI be kicking the around, I'd assume so if X is being spammed by the script?

Yes, they should do that, rhis is how they lose possession.

In this method you want give away the ball, to let the AI take it and score as fast as it can.

Anyways, if you can jump into another match without any intervention, that is a sign that the script is working.

Just now, yawran said:

Yes, they should do that, rhis is how they lose possession.

In this method you want give away the ball, to let the AI take it and score as fast as it can.

Anyways, if you can jump into another match without any intervention, that is a sign that the script is working.

Yeah it's not doing that mate I have to press X, could I be missing a step?  Controller plugged into PC, script icon green

I have got this to work now, after minimizing the window I maximised it and the script was working.  I have switched to the PS4 on TV and watched a few matches, so far working well.  Thanks for helping.

Edited by CloudS7x

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2020. 12. 19. at 5:04 PM, WaddysWDS said:

Could this script work for PSNow ?.
@yawran

PSNow is not available in my country, so I cannot test it. 

However the method works fine with Remote Play as of today - I am currently running it with no issues.

But the script needs to be updated, I am going to add the current version of that.

Sorry for the late answer

Edited by yawran
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, mirandamnd said:

Can you update the link? 

The original post has been updated, thank you for your kind patience.

10 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Turbo controllers are expensive and there's a very limited amount of them to choose on ps4.

Agreed, that is the real case.

1 hour ago, yawran said:

The original post has been updated, thank you for your kind patience.

Agreed, that is the real case.

11 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Turbo controllers are expensive and there's a very limited amount of them to choose on ps4.

I got an add on thing that plugs onto the controller. Cost like 30 bucks