Game Just went on Sale

44 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

This is a Singleplayer-Only Game.

It's also online only, because the devs in their infinite wisdom (note the sarcasm in my voice) decided that an always on internet connection was vital to make the game work so you will have a worthless slab of data on your Hard Drive if the current owners of the servers decide to pull the plug. The devs went bankrupt last year but I don't know who owns the servers.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

18 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

because the devs in their infinite wisdom decided that an always on internet connection was vital to make the game work

As a former developer, I would just like to comment that it is *highly* unlikely that the actual developers made that call and pushed for it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

It's also online only, because the devs in their infinite wisdom (note the sarcasm in my voice) decided that an always on internet connection was vital to make the game work so you will have a worthless slab of data on your Hard Drive if the current owners of the servers decide to pull the plug. The devs went bankrupt last year but I don't know who owns the servers.

Did I understand this right: There is no Multiplayer but I need a Internet Connection to play this game?

43 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

As a former developer, I would just like to comment that it is *highly* unlikely that the actual developers made that call and pushed for it 1f913.png

You are a Developer? But you are an active Player too. That ain't adding up.

Edited by Sikutai

42 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Did I understand this right: There is no Multiplayer but I need a Internet Connection to play this game?

You are a Developer? But you are an active Player too. That ain't adding up.

I don't know about multiplayer but yeah online connection is required to play. Which is why I asked about the state of the servers. I don't feel like buying a game that could become a digital paperweight.

Interesting enough though too it's the definitive edition they have up for sale (same trophy list but more story campaigns I guess) but they also have it mentioned any regular game someone owned before is bumped up to the new edition for free as well. So I guess that means if peeps want to play the extra DLCs for free they can.

• Like 1

Bought it not realizing you have to have internet connection (people should be shunned for this type of crap that exist) to play it. I'm enjoying it so far. It is confusing and alot to learn and I heard that the mechanics are different than the actual card game. I also heard that the switch version is playable without internet connection. So thats a plus if you want to instead buy it on the switch. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

Bought it not realizing you have to have internet connection (people should be shunned for this type of crap that exist) to play it. I'm enjoying it so far. It is confusing and alot to learn and I heard that the mechanics are different than the actual card game. I also heard that the switch version is playable without internet connection. So thats a plus if you want to instead buy it on the switch. 

I will play Witcher Thronebreaker instead.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

that happened with tekken. i went to my backlog and theres still some trophies you can earn in that game in sp mode. but since the servers are down it wont let you even start the fkn game. over 20 years of gaming and they cant figure this out.

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

that happened with tekken. i went to my backlog and theres still some trophies you can earn in that game in sp mode. but since the servers are down it wont let you even start the fkn game. over 20 years of gaming and they cant figure this out.

Which Tekken has servers down? I thought they were all still up?

1 hour ago, IntroPhenom said:

Only one platinum achiever so far.  I'm hesitant to buy it.

Probably due to how grindy the trophies. The time killer seems to be the 100,000 damage trophy which for any card base game is more then absurd. But with the online connection being needed I wonder if that means that lien with Battleborn stats don't track if you drop at the end of a match?

I've had this on my store wishlist since release, would have been happy to buy on sale if it was offline single player only, but since the company went bankrupt and don't know how well the servers will hold up I'll give it a pass. 

A shame because I enjoy the Lord of the rings stories and lore as well, was looking forward to playing this. 

50 minutes ago, Leo12Packers said:

Yeah... But thats the question, is it because of the Servers or because of the grind?

I don't care about the grind, but if the Servers wont let us achieve the Plat...than it's bad xD

So I've some gameplay and the game is a bit hard to guess on time. The person who got play achieved it in four months but I bet they were just playing it on the side alot.

After watching the gameplay though by just the tutorial campaign it seems an average of 15-20 minutes for that campaign alone other people though have had other ones for upto 40-50 minute matches as well. Now it plays similar to Hearthstone with some changes to it that can make the game longer (only one unit can perform an action per turn for one) the damage trophy is definitely going to be the longest grind and seeing as most repeat matches will probably land some around 50-100 damage depending on the number of enemies you fight. It may take even close upto 2000 matches for everything or possibly over 600 hours of game time.

This is estimating the damage at 50 dealt minimum per match in about 20 minutes. Obviously it may be more damage per match but conversely those matches may also be longer leading to little to no change in the end result.

It does show to have three difficulty modes though and this may make matches quicker if one played only on lowest Narrative.

• Like 1

This is a game I plan to do on the side when I want to re-energize myself from trophy hunting. Looking at the trophies it seem's super grindy but for my love of LotR and Hearthstone I don't mind getting this plat down the road in 6 months or so. As long as I stay in narrative mode and just enjoy it then it shouldn't be too hard. Looks like if you want to grind the best way is to just play the first campaign repeatedly. https://www.trueachievements.com/game/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-Adventure-Card-Game/achievements has some pretty good guides for some of the trophies. Hope this helps. But in all honestly it looks like a plat that you shouldn't focus on too much. To me it's a side platinum that will take some time. Let's hope they keep the online going for a couple years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

This is a game I plan to do on the side when I want to re-energize myself from trophy hunting. Looking at the trophies it seem's super grindy but for my love of LotR and Hearthstone I don't mind getting this plat down the road in 6 months or so. As long as I stay in narrative mode and just enjoy it then it shouldn't be too hard. Looks like if you want to grind the best way is to just play the first campaign repeatedly. https://www.trueachievements.com/game/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-Adventure-Card-Game/achievements has some pretty good guides for some of the trophies. Hope this helps. But in all honestly it looks like a plat that you shouldn't focus on too much. To me it's a side platinum that will take some time. Let's hope they keep the online going for a couple years.

Sadly the online could go down at any moment as others have mentioned the company that developed it has went under I'll be planning to start it myself but I feel it's worth warning people that this game may go down before anyone else attempts the plat. I imagine the servers may be held externally and when the term runs out the game will go down.

Thanks much for the added info though will definitely help people out. I recommend to those who still wanna try this check out the Steam Forums as the game has a moderate player base there with even deck builds.

The game itself is pretty fun. But even suspending it causes you to be booted back to the main menu due to server connection loss. There's no excuse for that in a single player game, imo. I always have sympathy for individuals who lose their jobs, but at the same time I'm glad the studio wasn't successful with a model like that.