PS5 Games - $69.99

DEI2EK

Not sure if this is just Take-Two being greedy but retail listings for 2k 21 are going for $69.99 for PS5/XSX versions.

Don't know if this is going to be the norm, but what would you think if it was?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I'm not that bothered by it, it's understandable. The quality of the games we're going to get are going to be better, it was expected they would be more expensive. I just hope the prices for the digital games won't be higher for the PS5 at least since they made a disc and discless console.

Launch prices for digital will continue to match physical ($69.99 for PS5)

5 minutes ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

If this is true I will probably be fucked. My country economy is in shambles, so PS5 games would be really expensive.

Only for newly released games. Just like video gaming has always done, AAA games prices will drop 6 to 12 months after release. 

Although if the $50-60 new retail prices of PS4 titles didn't already deter your gaming this gen, I don't see how the small increase would be that bothersome.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Only for newly released games. Just like video gaming has always done, AAA games prices will drop 6 to 12 months after release. 

Although if the $50-60 new retail prices of PS4 titles didn't already deter your gaming this gen, I don't see how the small increase would be that bothersome.

I hope so. At the beginning of this gen games would cost between 180-230 BRL. Sometime ago they were 250, and the Last of Us II and Ghost of Tsushima had their prices adjusted to 280 BRL. If this trend continues, I can see PS5 games going for more than 300 BRL, and this is very expensive. Thankfully money is not a problem for me, but it still hurts having to pay this much.  

If they plan to do this I am sure they've done plenty of research to see how the market would react, even stuff like this could be that, I also remember a PS exec who said something about games  getting more expensive to make (hint hint nudge nudge). In the end if any company can get more money out of consumers, and they can get away with it, they will ofc do it.

Also there have been discussions and reports over the years why the price is still 60 and it is justified. Now we have microtransactions, season passes and so on. So a AAA game is almost never just 60, if you want the full experience ofc, no one is forcing you to buy it, but still.

Edited by sillyrobo75
  • Like 1