PS5 Games - $69.99

DEI2EK

6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I definitely remember. My $4.25 an hour took me a long time to save up for all the games I wanted. 

I received Final Fantasy vi for Christmas when it came out and it was the only present I received that year because the game was $100. People seriously don't realize how much more expensive games used to be

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I wish this would have happened way sooner. Maybe then we would be getting more complete games and less "DLC" under the guise of, "Games are more expensive to make."

As much as I would love this to become reality it wont happen, companies are too greedy and they know people will eat up all that "disc locked content". I know some games get actual "down load content" but it seems that most of the content is disc locked, same acronym either way. Ever since PS3 I have been waiting at least a year to buy any game as there is a chance of a "complete" edition coming out. Gamefly is also great as i can rent anything that gets a disc release.

Edited by Void

Australian games are already that price lmao. Sometimes they're 79.99 - it just depends if a retailer wants to do a discount on pre-orders/during the first few days of game release. Unless you're a nut for collector's editions there's really no reason to buy at EB Games who sell games for 99.95. I swear though if the Australian PSN bumps up the prices of their new games from 99.95 to 109.95 I'm just gonna laugh.

Edited by PostGameBlues

17 hours ago, Sikutai said:

The Price for a PS 4 Games is already at 69,99 Euro in the Store since many many years. So what are you talking about? And 70 Euro are 70 US Dollar.

The discussion is about a price increase, from $60 to $70 for a AAA game on release in the US. You can expect a similar increase in Europe, meaning the AAA games will sell for €80 or more.

While games are getting more expensive to make you have to remember how popular games are now, games are selling more then ever. 

So do games need to be more expensive...NO will game companies hike the price up to make even more money.. Yes.

Also I really hope we see a stop in broken on release patch later games like we have seen this gen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CabDK said:

The discussion is about a price increase, from $60 to $70 for a AAA game on release in the US. You can expect a similar increase in Europe, meaning the AAA games will sell for €80 or more.

NBA 2K21 PS5 rip-off edition will cost 75e

So $70 is the new base price.  DLC will go from $10 to $15 and $15 to $20 per piece.  Season Passes will likely double in price and justify it by throwing in some avatars.  Physical editions with toys will go from $200 to $300.

And I'll keep buying base game discs new, but on sale a few months later for $10-$20 as I do now.  Of course, I won't do it until 2023 when I actually get the console when it's on sale for $199.

I'm glad I skipped a gen. I might buy a PS5 but by the time I get through all the PS4 games I've missed / played on Steam, I will be able to reap the used PS5 games for cheap. I will never not buy games as cheaply as possible, and I couldn't care less about development costs, taxes, and inflation. Nabbing a discount and buying titles for as little as possible positively affects my finances more than a multi billion Dollar company benefits from milking me for 5 bucks more, and I will never ever defend their price increases as it directly negatively impacts my budget.

Also, remember (although personally this only applies to digital games - I happily pay more for Vita games nowadays given that they hold their value rather well);

1*sQP-pflZr6j-gmjBou0Eww.png

Edited by Golem25

I actually cannot believe what people typed here, so many people were like " oh, it's alright l will just wait for a sale "
Do you guys actually think gaming industry is in danger? It's growing, if you don't release a shit game ( which no one with respect of their job should do ) you make shitloads of money. I am pretty sure companies first release the hook and if everyone is spreading butt cheeks and greasing themselves, they will certainly  do it. There was a reason why games were sitting on 59.99 price tag for a while. Before GSM companies were ripping all of us with high price on texts etc and while everything was " increasing " they had to " decrease " the price.
Yeah, time is changing like how gaming is way more popular than it had ever been and naturally companies are making more money but l guess if everyone is okey with that, fuck it make them 200$. It's an expensive hobby anyway, we can wait for sales for years.

• Like 3

I remember when the standard price for digital only games were $10-$15. They've slowly made their way up to the standard being $20 MINIMUM, up to $40 now. I'm sure digital only will also start consistently reaching $40 a lot more, with $60 being a norm. My prices are general, I know there were more than $15 and $40.

As for $70 games. I don't mind, for two reasons. First: it's been a couple of generation since they've raised the price. Second: I don't buy (or pre-order) games brand new anyway.

The only time game prices have mad me mad is the Nintendo Switch. I bought a Switch a couple of years ago and I barely play it. All the "good" games are still $60. Games like are 3-5 years old are still FULL PRICE. I just bought 10 games for PS4 for a total of $82. If I tried buying 10 games I want for the Switch, I'd be paying $500-$600. Sorry for the tangent :)

I usually get special edition versions of games, so a ten dollar increase in the normal version of the game will make literally no difference to me.

@Fish613 Nintendo is kinda notorious for not changing the price for their own games for an insane amount of time. Every company I've seen does it, but the worst I've seen is from Nintendo.

Edited by Gaberdude

It’s not like I buy games at full price, so I don’t really care.

9 hours ago, Gaberdude said:

@Fish613 Nintendo is kinda notorious for not changing the price for their own games for an insane amount of time. Every company I've seen does it, but the worst I've seen is from Nintendo.

Squeenix is really bad about this, too. 

This is super greedy coming from 2K and especially doing it on NBA title of all games. It's not enough that they are making tons of money on these egregious micro transactions, going as far as adding a literal slot machine into the last game, but they also want to charge more money. They are one of the last companies that should be asking for more, since they are putting less each year. 

If hte new Horizon Zero came up with it first, I can kinda see an argument there, where it can be justified, but not with bloody 2K 

The most amazing thing I learned was that SNES games were $80 each at launch?  That is staggering and in the 90s and I assume they are talking about American dollars.

Weren’t NES games $40 each?  How did they get away with doubling the price a console generation later?  Scummy Nintendo.

EDIT - I looked it up, SNES games were $40-50 (American) at launch.  That makes a lot more sense.

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/how-much-did-games-cost-back-in-the-day-487807/?page=1#js-message-3931567

Edited by djb5f

1 hour ago, MarcusPunisher said:

This is super greedy coming from 2K and especially doing it on NBA title of all games. It's not enough that they are making tons of money on these egregious micro transactions, going as far as adding a literal slot machine into the last game, but they also want to charge more money. They are one of the last companies that should be asking for more, since they are putting less each year. 

If hte new Horizon Zero came up with it first, I can kinda see an argument there, where it can be justified, but not with bloody 2K 

it's an extra 10 bucks after the NBA increased the license fee to 1.1 billion bucks.

Take Two's cost increased. As a result they are increases the price of one version

That isn't "super greedy".  It is barely an increase. You are really exaggerating the matter. 

On 7/2/2020 at 10:33 AM, BeautifulTorment said:

No way would I ever buy a game p4iced that high (they will pump this up to $110 in Canada). I know Aus already has awful prices like this, but gamers from both regions shouldn't stand for this.

Why not? lol. The quality of games are continuing to get better, and better. And you expect to pay the same price?

On 7/3/2020 at 3:30 AM, Alihsan621 said:

I’ll just buy the PS5 at the end of its lifecycle and get the games for 20 bucks

Almost a decade from now?

I’m used to paying $AU70 on average for standard editions on release. If I wait a number of months I can most times find a standard edition of a recent release drop down to $40. I’m not too fussed on price changes for a number of reasons but I can see how a price increase could affect some people.