Jump to content

Location trophies


tristan12375

Recommended Posts

The only solutions to this problem, are as follows:

 

1: Revisit all 223 locations in one sitting, without ever turning your PS4 off or going to Sanctuary III but you have to pray your game doesn't crash, else your stats will be wiped and you'll have to start over.

2: Start a new game from scratch offline without any patches or Hot Fixes installed, then speed run your way through the game until you have discovered all 223 locations again.

3: Wait for a patch that may never come :(.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The only solutions to this problem, are as follows:

 

1: Revisit all 223 locations in one sitting, without ever turning your PS4 off or going to Sanctuary III but you have to pray your game doesn't crash, else your stats will be wiped and you'll have to start over.

2: Start a new game from scratch offline without any patches or Hot Fixes installed, then speed run your way through the game until you have discovered all 223 locations again.

3: Wait for a patch that may never come :(.

Option 1 and 3 are a no way for me, so I ask, regarding option 2: if I play the entire time offline will I have some problems if say, I turn off the PS4 and then continue another day? I'm no longer that young to  stay glued on the tv for something like 10+ hours and honestly, I'm also scared the ps4 would break.

Ah, but then again, since it's digital, It's another headache regarding having the original version, I just want to get this stupid 20+% platinum out of the way god damn it.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Option 1 and 3 are a no way for me, so I ask, regarding option 2: if I play the entire time offline will I have some problems if say, I turn off the PS4 and then continue another day? I'm no longer that young to  stay glued on the tv for something like 10+ hours and honestly, I'm also scared the ps4 would break.

Ah, but then again, since it's digital, It's another headache regarding having the original version, I just want to get this stupid 20+% platinum out of the way god damn it.

The stat erasure glitch only happens if you have the 1.11 or higher patch installed but because the stat tracking is glitchy as hell even in the vanilla version, playing unpatched isn't a guarantee the location trophies won't still bug out if the game decides to give you the finger and bug out any way. Since you have the digital version, your only options for playing unpatched are to either buy a retail copy or use the fiddly as hell downgrade exploit:

 

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah as of the last patch on July 9th (I think) they are still glitched. I'm definitely putting the location and glyph trophies off at least until the 4th DLC drops hoping they will fix this crap. 

 

As of right now this will be my last Gearbox game and that's coming from a player who played through Borderlands and Borderlands 2 3 times on the Xbox 360, again multiple times on PS4 and being excited enough about 3 that I bought the $250 collector's edition only to be served up a pile of crap that wasn't even warmed up. The humor is gone in this one, my favorite character from 1 and 2 and Tales are either MIA, regulated to minor roles, or turned into losers. Tack on the fact there were gates for everything (oh you see those glyphs you need to collect, yeah you can't collect them until the end of the game, oh and those side tasks that arn't quests you see, yeah you can't do several of them until the end of the game and have to go back to older zones) and I don't know who the target audience was that was screaming for dozens and dozens of jump puzzles but I'm not one of them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Nutrageous69 said:

Yeah as of the last patch on July 9th (I think) they are still glitched. I'm definitely putting the location and glyph trophies off at least until the 4th DLC drops hoping they will fix this crap. 

 

As of right now this will be my last Gearbox game and that's coming from a player who played through Borderlands and Borderlands 2 3 times on the Xbox 360, again multiple times on PS4 and being excited enough about 3 that I bought the $250 collector's edition only to be served up a pile of crap that wasn't even warmed up. The humor is gone in this one, my favorite character from 1 and 2 and Tales are either MIA, regulated to minor roles, or turned into losers. Tack on the fact there were gates for everything (oh you see those glyphs you need to collect, yeah you can't collect them until the end of the game, oh and those side tasks that arn't quests you see, yeah you can't do several of them until the end of the game and have to go back to older zones) and I don't know who the target audience was that was screaming for dozens and dozens of jump puzzles but I'm not one of them.

My feelings in a nutshell. I love the other BL games to death but 3 was a crushing disappointment that took a while to sink in just how far removed it was from the previous entries :(. Another patch is supposed to be coming out very soon but at this point, I've virtually given up expecting any serious fixes for the long standing issues that people have been screaming at the top of their lungs about since launch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome news, partially. I just loading in after the update 1.15 and after a bit all the planet specific location trophies popped. I still don't have the All locations trophy yet so I'm not sure if I missed something or they didn't patch it properly of I glitched it by popping out to the PS4 menu to check on the trophies once they started popping.

 

I read in another post people had to do the location in one of the 2 mini addon zones to get the all locations to pop so I'll try that soon and come back and report if that was the case as right now when I zone out I show 223/223 locations found on the map.

Edited by Nutrageous69
Left stuff out
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can confirm that today's hot patch fixed my locations trophys not popping issue. I had previously discovered all 223 locations..Was quite pleased to see A Hundred Names for Sand pop followed several looooong seconds later by the next ...and then next....and then next...Yeah!!!! ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Nutrageous69 said:

Awesome news, partially. I just loading in after the update 1.15 and after a bit all the planet specific location trophies popped. I still don't have the All locations trophy yet so I'm not sure if I missed something or they didn't patch it properly of I glitched it by popping out to the PS4 menu to check on the trophies once they started popping.

 

I read in another post people had to do the location in one of the 2 mini addon zones to get the all locations to pop so I'll try that soon and come back and report if that was the case as right now when I zone out I show 223/223 locations found on the map.



Having the same issue as well
raised a ticket and they said let the hot fix apply, when i said i have as all the other location trophies unlocked they said start again from the start 

great its not  like ive spent nearly 3 days to do that before

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If that didn't work, then your only options are to either twiddle your thumbs until another patch comes or cut your losses and start over from scratch with a new character :(.

yeah had already started another playthrough but its the whole thing of do I play (imo anyway) a sub par borderlands game just to get those locations
If I could guarentee that if I played it in co op then I would enjoy it a lot more

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

If that didn't work, then your only options are to either twiddle your thumbs until another patch comes or cut your losses and start over from scratch with a new character :(.

 

So from scratch everything is fine, right.

 

I  want to start today the game

Edited by waltdisneypixar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...