Vita store search broken?

You

Is the search function on the Vita store broken? Doesn't seem to find anything at all.

For example, you can click on a Lego game from on the banner, see that a Lego game exists for sale.

Except if you search for "lego" or "LEGO" absolutely no results come up.

lol. The Vita store is so bad. I mean you go to "latest games" and it just opens the A-Z section. On top of that, the banner at the top at least for me anyway, hasn't changed for 3 years. Still has Resident Evil Revelations 2, Project Diva X, Lego Stars Wars, Odd World New and Tasty etc.I wonder if that order is the same for everyone else

Yes it is a problem for a week now. I am sending emails about this to sony and they are trying to find a fix...

But I feel like they don't really care, every email they sent me with a 'possible solution' are dumb answers like update the system software or restarting the system. I keep telling them this is an issue on their end, not on my end but i feel like they don't care...

Really annoying since the search function is the only way to find new releases...

• 3 weeks later...

Yup still break, apparently the theory I been told is that this happens when the store itself gets updated but the device system update itself isn't. 

I personally don't know what is the reason, I just wanted fix since it is easier to type the game I want instead of searching it through A-Z option.

On 7/20/2020 at 6:42 PM, Zircon_Lotus said:

"At this point"? I dare to say they never cared.

It hurts knowing this. Also hurts that they refuse to acknowledge their role in PSVita's failure instead blaming the mobile game market even though the Nintendo 3DS disproves this. Sony didn't advertise the vita, made expensive proprietary memory cards, barely had 1st Party games but sure Mobile Games are the reason the PSVita underperformed so dramatically, whatever you say Sony. 

Anyways, the point is I hope they can at least fix the stupid search problem.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

On 2020-07-20 at 6:42 PM, Zircon_Lotus said:

"At this point"? I dare to say they never cared.

It's funny, they made it for the west [you can't tell me otherwise given the UI and the launch games for it in Japan being mostly western games] and yet SCEA/SIEA didn't give a single fuck and did literally nothing with it. At least Europe bothered to make something, but they always support the weird gimmicks Sony puts out. And Japan put out a few things, but for some reason couldn't sweet talk Square Enix into doing shit on it until the thing was dead, and then SE decided that was a good time to put ~some~ things on it randomly just to confusing you into wondering wtf they're doing.

But yeah the store has been utterly broken for years, especially on PS TV. How hard is it to have like one person maintain the damn thing?

Broken for me too, for quite some time now.

Decided to buy something on my Vita in over a year yesterday, and had to buy it on my PS3 since it was impossible to find on the Vita's store (know I could just use the browser's store but it's always glitchy for me).

At this point, I'm surprised they don't just shut down the Vita's PSN store like they did for the PSP. It hasn't been updated in a good 4-5 years anyway.

The Vita's PSN Store became obselete to me a long time ago for many reasons. I've been using the browser store for years to purchase games and then access the downloads list to access my purchased vita content, same goes with the PS3 Store because that too has it's own problems (slow navigation, crashing upon searching for games etc).

On 7/24/2020 at 9:28 AM, Maaden_Swe said:

I do my Vita shopping from my PC, buy it there and then hit the download list on the Vita. 

ok has nothing to with reply or topic but i saw your avatar and immediately started humming the gummie bears theme song. god that took me back lol. ok everyone please continue the discussion.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 0:27 AM, enaysoft said:

Is the search function on the Vita store broken? Doesn't seem to find anything at all.

For example, you can click on a Lego game from on the banner, see that a Lego game exists for sale.

Except if you search for "lego" or "LEGO" absolutely no results come up.

i thought it was just me, haven't been able to buy something without spending like 30 min looking thru the sub sections.