Should Born To Dance be a flaggable trophy?

REAPER4536

Hello community

I want that trophy but I don't want to get banned from the psn store. The trophy is easy and everybody could get it if they did it in time. So I would like to see that trophy been removed from the flag list because it's easy and everybody can still get it if they download software, change the system software and host a server (Amazon sells some for 330€).

Greetings

Reaper

Edited by REAPER4536

51 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

How are you able to still get this game when it was patched out of the PS3's OS years ago and the servers switched off?

36 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Isn't this the same description as custom firmware and save file loading?

I think what they're saying is that they would like to buy a PS3 that currently has old (official, not CFW) firmware on it and run a custom server (similar to what has been done *and allowed on this site* for Demon's Souls) in order to get this trophy. If I'm understanding that all correctly, then it definitely seems to be on the "acceptable" side of the line that PSNP has drawn.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

I think what they're saying is that they would like to buy a PS3 that currently has old (official, not CFW) firmware on it and run a custom server (similar to what has been done *and allowed on this site* for Demon's Souls) in order to get this trophy. If I'm understanding that all correctly, then it definitely seems to be on the "acceptable" side of the line that PSNP has drawn.

Naw... that wouldn't work. I have a ps3 console that hasn’t been updated in over a decade but i cant even go online with it without updating it. It is impossible to even sync the playstation home trophy list onto anyones profile without cfw. Sony patched home out of the firmware. If i update my ps3 and log on to psn with it, home will disappear. 

45 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

You mean you're going to spend the equivalent of $370.56USD, more than the price of a new PS4, to do a whole bunch of possibly flaggable stuff, all for a single trophy, on a game you only have 1 trophy for, a game that closed its servers over 5 years ago, that you had a full year to complete when the servers were up, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely in your kitchen?

Geezzz man.... when you say it like that it does sound over the top lmfaooo 

Also, am I the only person who noticed he called us the CUMunity?

Don't do it OP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

You mean you're going to spend the equivalent of $370.56USD, more than the price of a new PS4, to do a whole bunch of possibly flaggable stuff, all for a single trophy, on a game you only have 1 trophy for, a game that closed its servers over 5 years ago, that you had a full year to complete when the servers were up, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely in your kitchen?

That last part was hysterical 

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, royal642award said:

Naw... that wouldn't work. I have a ps3 console that hasn’t been updated in over a decade but i cant even go online with it without updating it. It is impossible to even sync the playstation home trophy list onto anyones profile without cfw.

When you say you can't "go online" you mean you can't connect to PSN. Because everytime you try to connect to PSN, Sony's servers check your PS3's firmware version and say "no, that's an old version".

He wouldn't be trying to connect to PSN. He would be connecting to a *custom server*, which *is* possible on old firmwares. Then after earning the trophies, he would update his firmware and then be able to sync them. None of this requires CFW.

48 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

When you say you can't "go online" you mean you can't connect to PSN. Because everytime you try to connect to PSN, Sony's servers check your PS3's firmware version and say "no, that's an old version".

He wouldn't be trying to connect to PSN. He would be connecting to a *custom server*, which *is* possible on old firmwares. Then after earning the trophies, he would update his firmware and then be able to sync them. None of this requires CFW.

IS there a custom server out there that emulates Playstation Home? And if it’s a custom server, why does the PS3 connecting need to have old firmware?

4 hours ago, REAPER4536 said:

Hello community

I want that trophy but I don't want to get banned from the psn store. The trophy is easy and everybody could get it if they did it in time. So I would like to see that trophy been removed from the flag list because it's easy and everybody can still get it if they download software, change the system software and host a server (Amazon sells some for 330€).

Greetings

Reaper

why does 1 data image eat a soul that bad . in order to go though it all .. the should answer the question

12 hours ago, DaivRules said:

IS there a custom server out there that emulates Playstation Home? And if it’s a custom server, why does the PS3 connecting need to have old firmware?

Not sure if there is a custom server for home, but the latest firmware for ps3 does not have home because sony patched it out.

You know ps home didn’t get a trophy patch until the year before it closed? So even if he found a ps3 that had home still installed whose to say he could even sync the trophies onto his profile. Home launched in 2008 right? 

Edited by royal642award

8 minutes ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

Lmao he asked me to tell you all to stop bullying him. He sent me the link of this thread on discord and told me that he needs backup. What even is this game. 

PS Home was a virtual world/community that Sony created but it never left Beta and didn't get any trophies until a year before the servers closed.

6 hours ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

Lmao he asked me to tell you all to stop bullying him. He sent me the link of this thread on discord and told me that he needs backup. What even is this game. 

How the fuck are we bullying him? There is no intimidation here, and this games trophy list is a joke. No backup needed. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, royal642award said:

How the fuck are we bullying him? There is no intimidation here, and this games trophy list is a joke. No backup needed. 

I, too, have been contacted and asked here for backup. Don't be a bully unless you've cleared it with the PSNP Bully Union.

• Like 3

lmao, this man is about to spend 330 Euros and a couple hours and maybe get his profile banned(by maybe, i mean 110% get his profile banned off this site) just for one trophy. @REAPER4536 don't do it if you're a trophy hunter, It's not worth the time or effort, its probably  going to get you banned off the site and it'll be a waste of like 330 Euros which you could spend on getting a new console or a lot of games

12 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I'm in a discord server that is actively trying to rebuild PS home. Though it's not even done and it requires jailbreaking a ps3 to run it, since it needs an older fireware. I haven't done it because its way too complicated with my understanding of coding.

Edited by wackt1
  • Like 1