What Is Your Interim GOTY Half-Way Through 2020?

PhantomFear94

For me it's a tie between FF7 Remake and Doom Eternal. When it comes to FF7 Remake, I love the characters and the combat system. However, there are certain sections of the game that aren't as replayable as other parts. Every bit of Doom Eternal on the other hand is replayable from start to finish, but not quite as memorable as FF7 Remake. I know that probably sounds like a contradiction.  

That's an easy one. The Last Of Us Part II and it's not even close. Absolutely phenomenal game. Really loved what Naughty Dog achieved with this game. Gameplay, visuals, story etc. all top quality as to be espected.

A distant second place would go to the Final Fantasy 7 Remake. I really enjoyed it and I hadn't played the original so everything was new to me.

I'm anticipating Ghost of Tsushima may sneak into second but we'll see. I'll probably wait for Cyberpunk on PS5.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 7:00 AM, Fearless0610 said:

Final Fantasy 7: Remake without a doubt. It made me feel like a kid again. It was pure nostalgia done right and actually made me love and appreciate the original game even more which is crazy to say. It also worked brilliantly as both a remake and re-imagining of a classic game

summed it up for me perfectly. 

This year has been great so far for games, doesn't beat the greatest year for video games ever 2017, but still has a ton of good titles. Hands down the best title, and prob my goty, is Persona 5 Royal, it was just so good. Also LOU 2 isnt as bad as everyone says but it certainly isn't as good as you guys are saying.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:01 PM, Kitsuna101 said:

At the moment it's Nioh 2. I loved it as much as the first game and I've already put over 200 hours into it. Once all three DLC's are released, I fully expect my total playtime to push well past 500 hours.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if anything dethrones it by the end of the year. I couldn't really get into FF7 Remake, TLOU2 isn't my sort of thing and Cyberpunk 2077 just doesn't interest me. Ghost of Tsushima is about the only thing that might even stand a chance of pushing past it.

Persona 5 Royal