The Bugs in this game are so infuriating

So far I am absolutely loving the game but it has a lot of technical issues. Some of them are actually game breaking.

When I reached the Downtown area of Seattle in Chapter 9 (the open world like area) I completed several buildings and then wanted to cross the street but was unable to because Ellie kept falling through the floor to her death. This prevented me from reaching the Courthouse and essentially broke the game. Shortly after these glitches happened, my game suddenly completely crashed and I had to restart but the floor falling glitch was still there.

Ultimately I was forced to re-start the whole damn chapter and re-collect everything from the beginning. This time the floor falling glitch did not occur and the game did not crash. During my first try I had actually died a few times from falling from heights so maybe this somehow triggered the glitch. Because the second time I played the chapter I made sure not to die from falling and no glitch occured.

Still you would think that Naughty Dog would not release a game with such game breaking bugs. For example I played through Final Fantasy VII Remake twice and for over 200 hours without a single glitch or crash. I hate that major studios still release games today that are this broken and need to patched over and over.

• Like 1

yeah, that area can be game breaking 50:50, some get even the plat and had no problems, others more then once. I was in the courtyard but an elevator you have to drop down and the entire lower area weren't loaded for me the first time. even restarting checkpoint, end game and restart or even play without patch didn't solved it so i had to do that chapter again. it helped(And others) to just go outright to the courtyard and then do the rest. helped me when restarting and my second run for collectables(Luckily i found all in that area anyway), i went directly there and had no problems again. rest of the game worked fine for me so far.

7 minutes ago, NxtDutch said:

It is so crazy how everyone's game experiences can be so different on the same game.  I didn't encounter a single glitch or issue in my back to back  Platinum playthroughs.

I only had 1 blue screen error in the arcade fighting the bloater in my 2nd run. It froze/crashed as he died to I had to re launch the game then kill him again. Other than that it was a smooth, great experience. 

I didn't have any bugs with this game aside from one crash at one point, you mentioned FF7R in the OP and I've also had some crashes while playing that game too. The first TLOU never bugged on me the first time I played it, but I did have a few glitches on replays of that game.

Never had any actual bugs. I was however thrown through a wall by one of the enemies because he grabbed me in an awkward position and I guess it was the only way for him to throw me and I have already beaten the game 3 times for about 60 hours of gameplay in 2 weeks. I also haven’t heard people talk about bugs much at all so I think you just got unlucky unfortunately.

2 hours ago, NxtDutch said:

It is so crazy how everyone's game experiences can be so different on the same game.  I didn't encounter a single glitch or issue in my back to back  Platinum playthroughs.

same, two full playthoughs with the platinum in ~50 hrs, first time I hit the Courthouse last cause I thought it would end the free-roam part, second time I did it first absolutely no difficulties

No glitches whatsoever during the entire game except for one short moment where game kept Ellie in the air for a second to decide if it's a "soft" landing or the "stagger" one when you jump from higher up.

1 hour ago, Janire1911 said:

The only glitch I encountered on my way to the platinum was a single blue screen once while starting the game, other than that I don't remember any other bugs.

Just remembered that at one point the frame rate dropped to something like 10 fps, restarting the checkpoint fixed it though.

Played this game for like 45 hours and haven't had a single fucking bug. Except the sightseer trophy not popping right everything worked like a charme, so strange to hear about bugs. Played the game with retail disc version

Edited by DavySuicide
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rewemarkt66 said:

yeah, that area can be game breaking 50:50, some get even the plat and had no problems, others more then once. I was in the courtyard but an elevator you have to drop down and the entire lower area weren't loaded for me the first time. even restarting checkpoint, end game and restart or even play without patch didn't solved it so i had to do that chapter again. it helped(And others) to just go outright to the courtyard and then do the rest. helped me when restarting and my second run for collectables(Luckily i found all in that area anyway), i went directly there and had no problems again. rest of the game worked fine for me so far.

yeah heard about the elevator glitch too. Thankfully I didn't have that. During my 2nd attempt at the chapter I rode straight to the Courthouse and everything was fine. During my 1st attempt I was in the Synagogue first and right afterwards got the falling glitch. Maybe that had something to do with it. Or me dying from falling from heights during my first attempt.

My game crashed (blue screen error) after the falling glitch occured whem I went to the area near the synagogue with the tall grass where you have to kill a bunch of enemies. Right when I wanted to attack the first runner game froze and then crashed but everything was fine the 2nd time I played the chapter. Maybe going to the Courthouse first really prevents the glitch and crash from happening.

Because I was afraid it might glitch again I opened the Fedra gate as soon as I had the gas, not realizing it would lock me out of the area completely and now there a few collectibles (like 3 artifacts, 2 safes and 1 trading card) I have missed :(

I am guessing there is no way to return to the downtown area huh ?

Edited by Cloudbahamut

23 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Still you would think that Naughty Dog would not release a game with such game breaking bugs. For example I played through Final Fantasy VII Remake twice and for over 200 hours without a single glitch or crash. I hate that major studios still release games today that are this broken and need to patched over and over.

I'm through one and a half playthroughs and no major bugs. They can't catch every edge case. The industry standard is a bug ever 10 lines of code. They could have 100 people testing it and still would not catch everything will be discovered once millions of people are playing it. You could be the first person it's ever happened to for all we know.

Edited by emailking
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, emailking said:

You could be the first person it's ever happened to for all we know.

Take a look at reddit. It definitely isn't. It happened to a lot of people and made them lose their progress, forcing them to restart the chapter. I am not an idiot. The first thing I do when I encounter such a bug is that I research online if it happened to others as well. So when I actually post about a bug like this you can be damn sure it has happened to others before me.

Edited by Cloudbahamut

That sucks. I had only one and it was a crash during the final fight. Crappy thing to happen but it literally dropped me back into the fight when I reloaded and it was halfway through, very well checkpointed for me at least. Otherwise the game performed amazingly.

Only bug I encountered in two playthroughs was once when Ellie fell to her death In Downtown, there was no press X button to continue.  I had to close the game and re-start.  Took me to most recent checkpoint so nothing lost.

Almost all non-prerendered cutscenes had some sort of glitch for me - models were freezing, teleporting, moving around frozen, phasing between past and future positions.

It would have been hilarious if it didn't completely wreck the experience for me.

As for gameplay glitches, there were almost none - I once fell through the floor, but that's it.

I've got the Physical version, booting from a mostly full ssd on a PS4 Pro.