Sidetracked

Did you collect all Max Toys without starting the quest?

This trophy glitched for me because the Max Toys quest glitched. I collected all the toys before starting the quest. The NPC disappears if you collected all the toys. 

To start the Max Toys quest: talk to Gizela Balog in the headquarters (Eva's Hammer) first before collecting all of max's toys

I had to make a new game and a new save and play again, start the quest then collect all Max's toys just to get the trophy "Sidetracked"

I'm pretty sure Max toys quest is missable here is 2 links supporting my previous text:

Be sure to talk to the lady on the catwalks of the main floor of Eva’s Hammer BEFORE collecting the last toy. She disappears once you collect all toys and your progress will be stuck at 89%.

https://www.trueachievements.com/a242838/sidetracked-achievement

This trophy is missable as if you collect all Max Toys before unlocking the quest (talking to Gizela Balog in the Headquarters in Eva's Hammer), she will be gone and you'll never be able to complete this quest and earn the trophy without starting a new save.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus/trophy/198431-Sidetracked.html

Also, someone mentioned 2 other quests for contraptions are missable too

If you grab these items before getting their corresponding side quest, you lose the opportunity to complete them, thus missing the trophy Sidetracked.

https://truesteamachievements.com/a654024/sidetracked-achievement

Below are the 10 side quests needed to unlock Sidetracked:

1. Collect Toys for Max
2. Save Hercules' Cousin
3. Destroy the Tapes
4. Destroy Sumerian Tablets
5. Feed Rosa the Pig (Interact with Rosa to activate)
6. Get Rid of the Rat
7. Contraption A
8. Contraption B
9. Contraption Upgrade A
10. Contraption Upgrade B

Once these 10 side quests have been completed, you should unlock Sidetracked.

https://truesteamachievements.com/a654024/sidetracked-achievement

• 1 year later...

Can all missions be completed after returning to the ship after the credits? And the only mission that can be somehow "spoil" is Max's Toys (it's about collecting the toys before we start the quest). The rest of the side quests are unblockable?
And one more question, a little off topic, for not create a new topic. Can ALL perks be farming after the credits? I know some plot locations can be more efficient, but can you block something?

On 12. 9. 2021 at 4:13 PM, Zygo89pl said:

Can all missions be completed after returning to the ship after the credits? And the only mission that can be somehow "spoil" is Max's Toys (it's about collecting the toys before we start the quest). The rest of the side quests are unblockable?

Yes. Make sure to activate Max's Toys sidequest ASAP and you are good to go. All collectibles can be also collected after the story and I would say it's the better way to do it.

On 12. 9. 2021 at 4:13 PM, Zygo89pl said:

And one more question, a little off topic, for not create a new topic. Can ALL perks be farming after the credits? I know some plot locations can be more efficient, but can you block something?

Yes, you can farm everything in the districts. There should be only 4-5 perks max. that you will still need to farm once you finish all districts.

Also, beware of the trophy Ghost. I would recommend to do this right at the beginning of cleanup because it is missable. Penthouse district is ideal for this.

• Like 1

Thank You very much for Your answer. You were "late" a few hours because I managed to get everything.
I'll add a few things from myself as I'm slowly getting closer to the second platinum:
I don't remember what it was like in the not-GER version, but in the GER version I had a weird side quest tracking situation. At the time I left Eva's Hammer - I didn't see the completed quests. When I returned to the ship, I still did not see the completed missions. The only time I saw them finished is when I entered the menu before I left the ship. Perhaps this is normal.
I would also like to add that I got "Sidetracked" trophy in a strange way. First, I didn't do the "Red Monkey Wrench" mission. I just didn't talk to Maria before finishing the game. I did the following side quests:
Feed Rosa the Pig, Get rid of the rat, Collect Toys for Max,  Destroy the Sumerian tablets, Destroy the tapes,  Save Hercules' cousin. 
After completing the last mission, of course, the trophy did NOT show up. Few moment later  I did 3 contraptions side missions. Just as I completed the last mission - "Sidetracked" pops, weird. But when I returned to the NPC after the last 3rd contraption mission - I got the "Complete Package" trophy

• 7 months later...