Soul Calibur: Lost Swords free-to-play revealed

DPthe32man

Actually that's the 4th game for PS3.. 5th F2P game if you count the Tekken Card game for PC...

The others are Ace Combat (no much info..), Tekken Revolution (I hope SC will be like it actually), Ridge Racer Driftopia (beta end last week, did felt like a huge cash grab.. didn't got 100% on the beta either, also harder then Tekken to 100%, also is scheduled for later this year, I think October, but not sure, no official date yet), and now this Soul Calibur.

They for sure are loving the results from Tekken Revolution to be making a move like this, bringing some of their long running franchises to F2P, just hope they keep releasing the normal stuff to, not going F2P only (wouldn't like to see a Tales of F2P for sure...)

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Yes! Yes! Yes! I loved Soul Calibur II and now this game. Does anyone know when is Soul Calibur II HD coming out? I still have to buy Soul Calibur V.

No, I think they said later this year (it was scheduled for Q3, but doubt that's going to happen..)..

Still some news:

http://gematsu.com/2013/08/soulcalibur-ii-hd-includes-both-heihachi-spawn

Seams like on top of online we also get a new character :) (no Zelda or whoever was the GameCube exclusive, but that was easy to see happening).

And I'm in the same boat, still need to get SCV (along with SFxT, but I can easily give that a pass, unless I can get the full roster for under 30€)

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

No, I think they said later this year (it was scheduled for Q3, but doubt that's going to happen..)..

Still some news:

http://gematsu.com/2013/08/soulcalibur-ii-hd-includes-both-heihachi-spawn

Seams like on top of online we also get a new character :) (no Zelda or whoever was the GameCube exclusive, but that was easy to see happening).

And I'm in the same boat, still need to get SCV (along with SFxT, but I can easily give that a pass, unless I can get the full roster for under 30€)

I only played SCII for PS2 and I still need SCV. I hope I can buy it before I get this game.

Actually that's the 4th game for PS3.. 5th F2P game if you count the Tekken Card game for PC...

The others are Ace Combat (no much info..), Tekken Revolution (I hope SC will be like it actually), Ridge Racer Driftopia (beta end last week, did felt like a huge cash grab.. didn't got 100% on the beta either, also harder then Tekken to 100%, also is scheduled for later this year, I think October, but not sure, no official date yet), and now this Soul Calibur.

They for sure are loving the results from Tekken Revolution to be making a move like this, bringing some of their long running franchises to F2P, just hope they keep releasing the normal stuff to, not going F2P only (wouldn't like to see a Tales of F2P for sure...)

Ridge Racer Driftopia??? never heard of that one 

still waiting for the Ace Combat game it locks like it might be like Ace Combat 4 ^_^

Ridge Racer Driftopia??? never heard of that one 

still waiting for the Ace Combat game it locks like it might be like Ace Combat 4 ^_^

They had a beta for both PC and PS3 version of Ridge Racer Driftopia not long ago, somewhere in August for PC, that I got invited, but didn't join, not sure if it was even publicized somewhere or if they just picked people with BandaiNanco accounts (not even sure if it was a public beta or not), since I didn't requested to join either, and 2 weeks ago for PS3, this was made public at a blog post in the EU Playstation Blog, and this beta was a limited public one, mainly to test the server from what I understood.

It was really odd that the beta had a trophy list, so there was a little talk about it, but I haven't seen the trophy list made public, so I'm not making it public either (really unsure of what we can and can't talk about this beta, because in the term it said that it could be talk in public, but not how deeply could it be talked, and I don't want to risk it, since I still want a chance to join Dark Souls 2 beta...)

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Soul Calibur went down after III, like most of the posts here I´m still considering too buying SCV but I still apreciate a good figthing game with single player content and this component was very important at Soul Calibur games, something that V didin´t deliver, not even talking about the radical change of the roster...

There's a few more news about this, and they aren't exactly good (in my eyes)...

1st - The game will be Single player only, ans supposedly be mission based (there's some speculation that it may be similar to so Wii Soul Calibur game, that I don't know, and apparently was really bad.. but it may also work like SCII campaign mode, no official info out yet..)

2nd - The game was confirmed to come to Europe and US will get it too..

3rd - It will have several characters available, but so far only Mitsurugi and Siegfried have been revealed..

No more info was revealed so far other then it should be shown by Namco on TGS next week (19th-21st I believe)

I don't really have the original source, so this is the one by witch I'm basing my post:

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2013/09/13/soul-calibur-lost-swords-announced-for-ps3-free-to-play.htm

Overall, I believe that anyone that is wanting to give SC a go, to get SC2 Online later this year (you will have to pay, but I believe it will be better then this, specially since this thing is Single player only...).

PS: If someone follow TGS, and find some new info about this, please post it.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon