Should I get Code Vein?

DarkRose025

9 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

I just bought it for $15 off Best Buy honestly was a very great deal if your still deciding 

That's a very good idea. Then again, we have to wait until the season pass goes on sale from the yearly digital Bandai Namco sales on the PS Store this coming September 2020 though... Thank you for the heads up.

You should get it.

1. It's fun and easy to get into

2. The character customization is really good

3. Overall it is not as hard as DS

4. DLC does not add trophies (also apparently it sucks from what I've heard)

5. The story and character backstories are intriguing

Now just be aware if you decide to go for platinum it is a little grindy. You have to watch out for missable collectibles, play through it 3 times (and watch out for the extra ending), and there is a certain item that you have to grind for with other people. I managed to do it in one day (it was a hard almost 11 hours though...). Hope this helps if for whatever reason you still havent decided.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

You should get it.

Now just be aware if you decide to go for platinum it is a little grindy. You have to watch out for missable collectibles, play through it 3 times (and watch out for the extra ending), and there is a certain item that you have to grind for with other people. I managed to do it in one day (it was a hard almost 11 hours though...). Hope this helps if for whatever reason you still havent decided.

I checked in Playstationtrophies.org if Code Vein added any DLC trophies from the three DLC expansions. It turned out the game never added new DLC trophies. That's how the Dark Souls games work too when they receive DLC expansions. I heard about grinding that repetitive X amount of medal items when you have to co-op with online people for a lot of hours to earn a specific trophy. I'll still think about it. Thank you for the feedback.

• Like 2

Thank you Yuna4353 and everyone for your opinions of Code Vein. I decided to buy the physical base game because it was on sale for $14.99 USD plus sales tax from my local Best Buy store. I'm gonna enjoy this game until the season pass gets on sale in this coming September 2020 Bandai Namco PS store sales. And play it until FromSoftware makes future announcements for Elden Ring.

Edited by DarkRose025

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, Crzy Minus said:

In terms of Soul clones, my question is if the game is better than Jedi Fallen Order.

No, absolutely not. It's not even close. For me JFO was far more fun and had way better areas and much more enjoyable combat if only due to the Force powers. In Code Vein I constantly feel like I'm underpowered even with supposedly the second best weapon in the game, materials to upgrade items feel like they're Titanite Slab levels of rare until you're deep into the area where it would have helped you to begin with at which point they drop at Titanite Shard levels, enemies have constant super armor which happens randomly when you hit them so sometimes they stagger and most of the time they don't, there's so many encounters where the game pumps several enemies your way or even some areas where you'll walk in and suddenly you get waves of three medium or high tier enemies thrown at you multiple times, and bosses love pulling out one-shot attacks out of nowhere.

There's a boss a bit after Anor Londo that does these dash attacks that he pulls out almost immediately as he turns and if you're hit by them they do around 1800 damage. A lot of the time when I'm fighting these bosses even with the AI I feel like I'm playing the NG+ modes of Nioh with how ridiculous the bosses get in their damage and how little downtime they provide to hit them. I only have around 1800 HP and my Regeneration +4 only heals around 700 HP (Of which I have only five of). Anor Londo is also the major low point of the game, it's easily a place where I think most people would drop the game just from the level design alone and it goes on for what feels like hours. The areas after have been better though and feel more on par with the first third of the game's areas.

If you want a comparison to a clone then it's definitely better than Lords of the Fallen. I'd put it on the same level as Remnant: From the Ashes if you've played that. I get a lot of the same vibes from the areas and enemies (Both design and attacks) but worse than something like Nioh or JFO.

Edited by soliunasm

• 4 months later...
On 7/28/2020 at 0:02 AM, Upendo_Vitani said:

You should get it.

You can do it solo now with the path not sure what number the path is but it’s doable solo