In Factions mode, how do you kill off survivors beyond missions?

So im trying to maintain a clan of around 15-25 people, but because of timing and one bad game ive been forced to play until I reached 50 clan members. Im desperately trying to kill them off but it just keeps growing each game and I dont know how to kill them off. I quit matches, I try to do poorly, etc. but I never have any success. Does anyone know how to properly kill off clan members beyond missions? 

37 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

Wait, in case you're doing the plat isn't that a good thing? You can prettymuch skip matches as much as you want as it seems 

Ive gotten the trophy for 40 clan members, but I need to finish up the Firefly journey. With a clan of 15-20 healthy people I can quite two matches, then play one and earn them back all to healthy. Then I can skip another two, so on and so forth. But with 40+ survivors its a lot more difficult because my clan members grow before they get all get healthy. So I add 5-6 members every two days and when they're finally healthy it makes it that much more difficult to earn enough pill things to keep my clan alive overall. 

I hope I've explained that well. Im stuck in a loop of an ever expanding clan that prohibits me from tactical quitting as much and makes it more difficult to keep my clan alive overall.

34 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Not sure how you are having troubles bringing your numbers down - if you skip matches it will naturally nuke your population down rather drastically.

I tactically quit a lot but it only kills 3-4 people at most for me. The rate of expansion isn't as high as the cost of life. And, correct me if im wrong here, if you quit a match with 0 healthy survivors then you reach game over and have to start the whole journey over again. So thats the predicament Im in

I'm assuming that you're trying to bring your population down to a number you think is sustainable. Your best bet is probably failing some of the lower and mid-tier challenges - you'll lose 60% of your clan, 80% of your clan, etc. Doing poorly in matches and quitting matches early (please don't do that - some people are playing for fun) will only make them go hungry and get sick. It takes a lot of quit matches to actually kill off lots of people.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RealRagingLlama said:

I'm assuming that you're trying to bring your population down to a number you think is sustainable. Your best bet is probably failing some of the lower and mid-tier challenges - you'll lose 60% of your clan, 80% of your clan, etc. Doing poorly in matches and quitting matches early (please don't do that - some people are playing for fun) will only make them go hungry and get sick. It takes a lot of quit matches to actually kill off lots of people.

Yea that's what I've been trying to reach, but I'm in the stretch where its like two weeks before you get another penalty mission like that. And I know it's frustrating, i've only just started doing it after playing the first Hunter Journey properly without tactical quitting. This mode is a lot more taxing without parties and players who communicate well, so Im really just focused on the final trophy at the moment.

Just keep joining and quitting matches until the population gets low. If you keep playing a game every 3rd match you are making the sick people healthy again. It sounds like you basically need to get to point where if you lose a match it will be game over.

If you are simply too good and can't help but get a ton of supplies dial it back or just bomb the 80% missions. Your population will naturally come down with poor performance if you play poorly enough. 

I've had this occur when I decided to go for the 40 pop trophy whilst on my 1st 12 week run, like others said, wait for a 80-60% pop mission and fail it, should get you back to a sustainable amount of supplies needed.

Edited by Aodir
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, da-Noob123 said:

Just keep joining and quitting matches until the population gets low. If you keep playing a game every 3rd match you are making the sick people healthy again. It sounds like you basically need to get to point where if you lose a match it will be game over.

If you are simply too good and can't help but get a ton of supplies dial it back or just bomb the 80% missions. Your population will naturally come down with poor performance if you play poorly enough. 

Lol I just realized that my original post made it sound like I was some god at the game - this is definitely not the case! I'm just low enough where my average play style will get me more than enough to earn survivors. And I dont feel like it would be right for me to just sit there and let my team die, you know? 

But I am definitely not skilled at the game haha

11 hours ago, xSHENKAx said:

Lol I just realized that my original post made it sound like I was some god at the game - this is definitely not the case! I'm just low enough where my average play style will get me more than enough to earn survivors. And I dont feel like it would be right for me to just sit there and let my team die, you know? 

But I am definitely not skilled at the game haha

I played a support role, focused more on crafting gifts for teammates than kills. Helped keep my score low but high enough to support a small population. And I was still a team player. 

• Like 1

From what I remember, you don’t have to actively do anything.

If you have too many so you can’t feed them all, they will start to die off anyway.  No need for “tanking”.  Just let it be.  

Big clan or small clan, it really does not matter.  Just don’t fail the few 100% risk missions, 

On 7/5/2020 at 7:10 PM, Shenka said:

I quit matches, I try to do poorly, etc. but I never have any success. 

LOL....I hope you never end up on my team. Something you shouldn't be proud of. Your logic of keeping your clan low also makes no sense if you are just trying to reach the end of the 12 weeks. Just play, have fun with it and be a team player....not a troll.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 2:49 PM, trojbrown40 said:

LOL....I hope you never end up on my team. Something you shouldn't be proud of. Your logic of keeping your clan low also makes no sense if you are just trying to reach the end of the 12 weeks. Just play, have fun with it and be a team player....not a troll.

I don't consider it trolling, I wanted to get the trophies and I have no interest in playing the multiplayer beyond that. There isn't anything about the mode itself that I cared about. Im not going to adjust how I play and add weeks of effort to unlocking the trophies because others dont like it. I got the trophies, dont care about much else. Thats just how the game goes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2020 at 10:19 PM, Shenka said:

I tactically quit a lot but it only kills 3-4 people at most for me. The rate of expansion isn't as high as the cost of life. And, correct me if im wrong here, if you quit a match with 0 healthy survivors then you reach game over and have to start the whole journey over again. So thats the predicament Im in

You don’t need to have at least 1 healthy survivor, you need to have 1 survivor overall, it can be hungry or even sick, you just can’t drop It to 0. I usually skip until I have 5 or 6 survivors and at least 1 of them is just hungry and the rest sick, you only need 10 supplies to heal it and even if you play like sh*t you can achieve that much and even expand. 

Edited by Mikewara

I had no success trying to used the quit 2 strategy, I was always gaining so many survivors. Everytime I got to 15 and won a match I got +20 or something ridiculous like that.

By the end I was going to play 1 quit 1 or sometimes play 2 quit 1.

On 06/07/2020 at 1:10 AM, Shenka said:

So im trying to maintain a clan of around 15-25 people, but because of timing and one bad game ive been forced to play until I reached 50 clan members. Im desperately trying to kill them off but it just keeps growing each game and I dont know how to kill them off. I quit matches, I try to do poorly, etc. but I never have any success. Does anyone know how to properly kill off clan members beyond missions? 

I mean. You could just play the game normally? It doesn't take long and the online is really good. Not sure why you want your clan members dead but you could just get to a 100% clan loss and do that.

• 2 years later...

In defence of the OP, factions is  a very strange meta game. It punishes you for actually being good at it lol.  The fact that it's better to fail objectives or play badly just so some of your clan can die off and you'll have less mouths to feed is such a fundamental design flaw.  Plus the stakes are so high that it encourages players to be toxic and/or selfish otherwise the alternative is to be set to week 1.

I've completed the Firefly journey and just started Hunter and thought the latter would be easier now that my clan is low again and I can manage it better but I'm already at 41  members (with none sick or hungry yet) in just week 1 whereas it took me 4 weeks to get to 40 on the Firefly journey. I can't even enjoy that improvement because more survivors just makes it more stressful. 20 to 30 clan members is the sweet spot imo. Beyond 35 it's a work out but doable. And beyond 55 is just too much for me.