Favorite Professional Sports team

mahoganyman

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Football (EU): SC Corinthians Paulista (Brazil), any team from Goiás state (like Goiás EC, Vila Nova FC, Atlético Goianiense etc. - also Brazil; I can even don't mind if one of them wins against Corinthians...)

Football (US): Green Bay Packers (NFL), Goiânia Rednecks (Brazil)

NASCAR (although I will choose a specific driver, not a team...): Chase Elliott

Besides that, I also have some teams to "looking with good eyes", like the football/soccer teams I've pointed above:

Football (EU): Barcelona (ESP), Tottenham Hotspur (ENG), Sporting (POR), Seatlle Sounders FC (USA - MLS);

Football (US): Washington Redskins, Seattle Seahawks, Kansas City Chiefs (and maybe Pittsburgh Steelers...);

Basketball (NBA): San Antonio Spurs;

Baseball (MLB): None in particular - I'm following baseball for a short time... (maybe I put New York Mets, Cleveland Indians and/or Chicago Cubs)

Ice Hockey (NHL): same situation as MLB... (considering Pittsburgh Penguins and/or Chicago Blackhawks)

Unfortunatelly I'm not able to choose some team (of even some sportsman) from several sports and competitions, like Volleyball, Futsal, Rugby, Tennis, F1, Formula-E, etc.

A local football/soccer team, Spartans. I used to be a Hearts fan, even went to see them play in the UEFA Champions League which was amazing. There's nothing like being in the stadium with the Champions League anthem blasting around the ground. As I got older I became less interested and found myself not really caring about how they did, it was hard to turn off and just enjoy the match though when you're surrounded by 18,000 people all willing them to win. So I switched to local football and go along on a Saturday if I'm free since Spartans are the closest team to me. I like seeing them do well but I mostly go because the atmosphere in the lower leagues is much more relaxed and enjoyable. 

Aside from Spartans, I only follow my country, Scotland. I've never seen a team invent so many ways to lose a match or be knocked out of a tournament (first team to be knocked out of the World Cup without losing!) They give me all the stress and rage I can handle at the professional level :lol:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On September 26, 2016 at 8:53 PM, Waffle-Sensei said:

Rooting for FC Bayern Munich now. :) Will probably still follow the Italy national football team a little bit.

Now that I have properly versed myself and integrated back into the world of football, I have several favorite teams spanning across a couple different leagues.

• Premier League: Leicester City, Tottenham Hotspurs, and Chelsea.

• Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund (who are now my absolute favorites, I've grown to like them significantly more than Bayern), Bayern-Munich, and Schalke 04.

• La Liga: FC Barcelona (2nd favorite team overall) and Real Madrid.

• MLS: LA Galaxy and NYCFC.

• J-League: Kawasaki Frontale, Kashima Antlers, and Urawa Red Diamonds.

• Serie A: Juventus.

• Ligue 1: Paris Saint-Germain

• International Teams: Germany and Italy.

I guess for other sports it would probably be the Chicago Bulls and the Chicago Cubs (even though I don't really watch or pay attention to either sport).

Edited by Waffle-Sensei

• 3 months later...

NBA - San Antonio Spurs

NHL - Chicago Blackhawks

NFL - San Francisco 49ers

La Liga - Real Madrid

MLB - San Francisco Giants

I would say I'm most passionate about the Giants. Regardless of how much they SUCK, I will ride with them year after year

Football/Soccer: Bayern Munich (since 1995), and Germany

NBA: New York Knicks (since 1997), but I also rooted for the Boston Celtics in the Playoffs (2008), and the Detroit Pistons (around 2004, what a cool Team it was back then)

MLB: New York Yankees (my uncle was a huge Yankees Fan)

NHL: Buffalo Sabres (always played with the Sabres in NHL games)

NFL: I only watch the Superbowl

• 2 weeks later...

-Teams:  Al-Ahly (Egypt) , Real Madrid (Spain) , Manchester United (England) , AC Milan (Italy) , Olympic Marseille (France) , 

Bayern Munchen (Germany) 

-National: Egypt and England .

Related image

Edited by ahmedelebiary

• 3 weeks later...

The only team sport I really follow is football. At club level, I'm a Sporting CP fan through and through. I was born just in time to witness our two longest dry spells ever. It's OK though, it probably builds character or something. Even if I'm over thirty now and I doubt I have a lot of character left to build. The only other team I consider myself a support of is Man United, they grew on me as I watched them throughout the nineties.

At national level, apart from the portuguese national team (duh), I have a soft spot for the germans. Even if they kick our arse every time. The one time I remember us beating them was at the Euro 2000 group stage, and that match was worth squat for us as we were already through.

• 1 month later...