Shorty132471's Plat Rain Day Checklist

Shorty132471

Lf38bcd.png

18. Metagal

A very quick and easy Ratalaika game. It's just a megaman clone.

Last Trophy: 10S1a60ac.png I will do better this time!! - Rebirth with a gear.

L895e51.png

19. Super Destronaut DX

Another Ratalaika game, it's just a space invaders clone.

Last Trophy: 12S82542c.png  Saving the galaxy - Reach 1K in Hardcore Mode

Lf088ed.png

20. Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition

Yep, another Ratalaika game but this one actually is a little bit challenging. For hard mode, it's best to play as the the melee character as while you're attacking you seem to be invulnerable to damage (well, most of the time). Some of the bosses were a little bit more troublesome using the other character (that bloody eye boss took quite a few attempts) but overall it's not too bad.

Last Trophy: 20S01518b.png Yeti - Unlock the Yeti Costume

Thank you,  Plat Rain no. 4 probably won't be happening for a while. I've set myself a goal of at least 300. Been working on a few games whenever I get a chance. Got another quick one ready:

L1ed8cf.png

22. Loot Hero DX

Another quick and easy Ratalaika game. Got this ready while I was waiting for my pizza to cook. Just move left and right, taking out enemies to level up. Took less than 10 mins.

Last Trophy: 8Sfa8b3c.png Full Gear - Buy one of each upgrade.

L8192b1.png

23. Totally Reliable Delivery Service

Played this with my friend using share play. Had a lot of fun with this, although the physics are incredibly janky and jumping is very floaty (I know that's probably the whole point of the game, was just very hit and miss in when your character gets knocked out just moving about which was fairly annoying). You just need to go around the islands, doing various deliveries.

Last Trophy: 17S41c683.png Crop Duster - Pass gas in a biplane

L978c52.png

24. Army of Two: the Devil's Cartel

Got this a while back when it was on sale, only just got round to starting it. Compared to the 1st one, it's really not that good. It just feels like a very generic cover based shooter and the story is, meh.. Trophy wise it's fairly straight forward with no collectibles or missables.

Last trophy: 38S8b7e75.png Michelangelo - Apply the maximum number of layers on a customized mask

Lf62e20.png

25 and 26. Concept Destruction

Did these again, US version this time.

Last Trophy: 12S12e375.png The Rebel - Get out of the driving area in School

Lab5083.png

27. Jack N' Jill DX

Another easy Ratalaika game where you play as some sort of blob trying to rescue his sister.

Last Trophy: 9Se196bd.png There is too much stuff here - Buy something in the store

Edit: Got 2 more ready.

L6c985e.png

28. Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection

Saw this on sale for £3.99, not bad. It's a collection of Konami Arcade games. This would have been much more difficult if you weren't able to save, got really frustrated on a few of these. But overall, it didn't take too long to get ready, just under 5 hours.

Last Trophy: 10Sc841be.png Hero of Gradius - Score at least 300,000 points in Nemesis

L100eb9.png

29. Fuser

I love a good rhythm game (played waaaaay too much Rock Band 4) and was intrigued with this when it was announced. It's essentially a DJ game, where you can mash up different songs and see how it all sounds. After having played it, I'm really impressed with how well most songs sound with each other. The game just makes it sound good by adjusting the key and BPM to match each other. You can freely control all this while playing. The campaign is basically a really long tutorial, where you earn stars by doing the tasks that are given to you during the set. The only part which was a bit of a drag was grinding to Level 50. Spent hours just skipping through other players mixes in events (it's the quickest way to get XP).

Last Trophy: 43Se5a166.png Brand Loyalty - Follow another player.

Edited by Shorty132471

Ok, so there's a sale on at the moment with a whole bunch of easy games. Got myself a $25 PSN code and bought a few of them. Managed to get them all ready last night.

Lfb4c6f.png

31. Bouncy Bullets

A simple FPS where you platform and shoot these weird cuboid things. That's about it really.

Last Trophy: 5S964d5a.png Be careful with the hostages - Accidentally kill a gray character.

L740336.png

32. Daggerhood

A sidescrolling platformer with an interesting mechanic where you throw your dagger and press the button again to teleport to wherever the dagger is. Only have to finish 12 levels for the plat.

Last Trophy: 7S2c01b7.png Nope, I'm still trapped here... - Complete 12 levels

Ld2a496.png

33. Gravity Duck

A puzzle game where you're a duck who can shift gravity to traverse the levels. Fairly simple and you don't need to finish the whole game.

Last Trophy: 7S88b3ec.png Looks Like Easter - Get 50 Golden Eggs.

L605bbe.png

34. Peasant Knight

A platformer where your character is constantly moving forward. You can stop him by holding down backwards and you can jump over various obstacles. You need to be quick, as there's a certain amount of time before you get struck by lightning and have to start the level over. All the levels are super quick though, so it doesn't take long. Once again, you don't need to play through the whole game.

Last Trophy: 17S59db4d.png Mortar - Reach Level 47.

L8c086c.png

35. Super Weekend Mode

Another quick Ratalaika game. Each level consists of a boss, which you beat by controlling 2 ship things that constantly shoot. You have to pick up hearts, which fall down the screen. The 2nd level introduces things which you also need to dodge to avoid taking damage. It can get a little confusing moving both ships independently, but it's not too bad once you get used to it. Just need to finish 3 levels for this one.

Last Trophy: 12S9b7ae1.png  My hands are tired - Play at maximun level of dificulty. 

L4ed103.png

36. Habroxia

A space shooter, similar to games like R-Type and Gradius. It's a fun little game, where you can upgrade your ship as you collect credits to make it easier overall. Just a small grind to get the required kills, but it doesn't take too long.

Last Trophy: 30S9b6c70.png Baking an egg - Find the Perils of Baking easter egg on Level 14

Lcd0cbc.png

37. Foxyland

A platformer where you play as fox who collects cherries and attack the local wildlife. Another quick Ratalaika where again, you don't even have to play the whole game for the plat. 

Last Trophy: 7S8a32b1.png  Shopping. - Buy an item on the shop.

L1439f3.png

38. Cybarian: The Time Travelling Warrior

A sidescrolling platformer where you play as a warrior who's travelled to the future. The art style is pretty cool and it is fairly easy. I died a couple of time, mainly because I started spamming the attack button, which leaves you open to attack as you need to time the button presses. You only have to reach the 3rd boss, you don't need to finish the game.

Last trophy: 2S940052.png Not good - Hit a homless guy

Lb5fe52.png

39. 36 Fragments of Midnight

Another fairly quick game to finish. You play as a square and you need to collect 36 fragments scattered through out the level. It's a little bit tedious as some of the trophies require you to die after having collected a certain number of fragments, so you need to go through it multiple times. There's also a trophy for collecting all of them under 6 mins, but it's not too hard to do.

Last Trophy: 8S725b22.png  At least you tried - Die with only 1 fragments

L05a663.png

40. Super Wiloo Demake

Another platformer where you don't need to finish the whole game. It has a costume mechanic where they have different abilities. Playing on easy gives you the Bee suit after dying a couple of times, which helps to speed things up as you can just fly everywhere (unless you get hit). Just need to collect coins, kill enemies and beat the 2nd boss for the plat.

Last trophy: 6S775b07.png  Got Rich! - You got 2.000 coins

L907f89.png

41. Deep Space Rush

A sidescrolling shooter where you make your way through a spaceship, avoiding traps and taking out enemies. It's another very quick game to finish.

Last Trophy: 15S44ae33.png Super Spender - MAX an item on the store

L832528.png

42. Iron Snout

You have to fend off wolves that attack you from either left or right. You can grab weapons from defeated enemies and then use them against them. A small grind for the kills required, but doesn't take too long.

Last trophy: 11Se3fb5e.png 1000 Total Kills - Kill 1000 wolves

Edit: Just got another one done

L28940a.png

43. Cat Quest II

Really enjoyed the 1st one, so gave this one a go as well. It's just as good, with a few additions. This one supports up to 2 players and they've added a decent ranged staff weapon. Was a fun and enjoyable pun filled adventure.

Last trophy: 14S4cc4e8.png Arcane Paws III - Obtained all 12 spells!

Edited by Shorty132471

Well, thought I'd get another batch while they're on sale.

Lb7076f.png

44. FullBlast

An easy shmup. Only need to finish the 1st 3 levels and you get all the kill related trophies while going through the levels.

Last trophy: 13S832619.png Nuclear Explosion - Use a Bomb Attack

Le915f2.png

45. Castle Pals

A platformer where you play as 2 characters, one of them can punch stuff and the other can fly. Very simple and once again, no need to play through the whole game.

Last trophy: 4S962a40.png  It's Blue - Find the Blue Gem.

L74b44a.png

46. Attack if the Toy Tanks

A top down tank shooter, where the AI are pretty accurate with their shots. A few of the levels took quite a few attempts. It's an ok game and only need to finish 30 of the levels.

Last Trophy: 10S620066.png Big Tank - Complete 30 levels

L21c6e3.png

47. Hoggy 2

A platformer where you shift gravity to walk on either the floor or the roof with the press of a button. You just need to collect all the fruit on a level to get a key. You guessed it, no need to finish the whole game for the plat.

Last trophy: 10S463448.png Burning all! - Eat a jalapeno in Normal Mode.

Ldccbed.png

48. Devious Dungeon

This game was pretty fun. It's a sidescrolling platforming dungeon crawler where you need to find a key for the door to proceed to the next floor. You can collect money, which you use to purchase upgrades like weapons and armour.

Last Trophy: 16Sdd9cf7.png  King of Bling - Bought an amulet.

Lceb742.png

49. Shadow of Loot Box

An fps which parodies features of modern games, like early access, dlc, etc. It's alright and doesn't take too long to finish.

Last Trophy: 6Sdb2f77.png Robber - Rob the caravan

L7cb000.png

50. Devious Dungeon 2

Also got the 2nd one done. There's 2 added classes you can pick but I just played as the same guy from the 1st game, so it just felt like more of the same.

Last trophy: 10S7f9651.png Shiny Trinket - Buy a trinket.

Lee5dc2.png

51. Paradox Soul

This was an alright metroidvania where you fight robots. It has a cover mechanic which makes all the fights fairly easy. Only have to play through a part of the game for the plat.

Last trophy: 11Sf24211.png Do not pet - Kill a dog

L089d69.png

52. Neon Junction

An FPS puzzle game where you need to use cubes to complete circuits to navigate through the levels. It has a cool Tron like aesthetic to it. The puzzles themselves aren't too bad, there where a couple where you have to go back and forth between 2 rooms to make sure you complete the correct circuit.

Last Trophy: 13S5275bd.png Failure - Die

@KinkyOverdose Thank you. I know, it's a fair few, they're just so easy to get ready (some of the earlier ones aren't as easy. One More Dungeon is actually pretty hard, well for me anyway) I'm playing through a few other games at the moment, but I really need to try and work on 1 at a time, I get lost sometimes when I go back to certain games. Been playing through some of my older PS3 games, like Dynasty Warriors 8. Post game warriors trophies are always pretty grindy, just need to try and get on with it. Anyway, just got another one ready.

L359f05.png

53. Nioh 2 Remastered

Got a free upgrade for this (but not for the 1st game, no idea why they didn't do a free upgrade for both). I'm actually glad it didn't pop all the trophies when I transferred my PS4 save, means I could get this ready as well. Had to do all the mission specific trophies, so didn't take too long. The 120 FPS mode is super smooth. If you're a fan of souls like games, I'd highly recommend this. It's mission based as opposed to the standard Souls connected world, so that might be a downside for some. I enjoyed it though, still need to get through the DLC at some point.

Last Trophy: 51S81bfb4.png Devout Believer - Defeated the boss of "The Viper's Sanctum" without breaking the statue of Shirohami.

Edited by Shorty132471

L7de973.png

54. Spirit Arena

A simple twin stick shooter with a colour switching mechanic. There are red and blue enemies and you need to make sure you fire the correct colour spells to damage them. There is a little RNG involved with getting the required amount for each stat on a run, so it took a few runs focusing on specific stats to get ready.

Last Trophy: 13S74b4da.png  Poof! - Dash 100 times

Lcff0a7.png

55 and 56. Ultra Goodness 2

Another easy Ratalaika twin stick shooter. You fight demons and possessed animals. You can upgrade your floating cat companion to make the game easier, but I didn't really need to. You only have to complete the 7 levels for the plat.

Last Trophy: 9S4e2896.png  Exterminator - Buy any cat upgrade.

So it's been about a week since I've got any games ready. I haven't been feeling too great, so had a small break from gaming for a bit. I got another batch of Ratalaika games ready yesterday, as they were still on sale. Currently playing through Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, so should hopefully be able to get it ready (thank you PS4 version and it's lack of online trophies).

L5a06ee.png

57. Bird Game +

A game where you play as a bird and just fly through the levels. You avoid bugs and plants. There's also bosses and for the plat you only need to reach the 2nd one.

Last Trophy: 5S0b4b91.png In the Dark - Complete a level in Dark Mode

Le4fbaf.png

58. Super Destronaut: Land Wars

A sequel to Super Destronaut. This one play completely differently, as it's an FPS as opposed to a space invaders clone. It's alright and doesn't take long to get ready.

Last trophy: 12Sbdc9cf.png  Slow as Snail - Reach to 30.000 points in Snail Mode.

Lc98192.png

59. Rush Rover

A rogue like twin stick shooter where you fend off robots. You can purchase upgrades like more firepower during the course of a run. Another quick game to finish.

Last Trophies: 8S078964.png  Dodge bronze - Survival 25 seconds in the dodge challenge

9Sb13ef9.png   Dodge silver - Survival 35 seconds in the dodge challenge

10S7bce57.png   Dodge gold - Survival 45 seconds in the dodge challenge

Lcddc25.png

60. Milo's Quest

A top down game where you play as a dog. Another simple game where you gain the ability to headbutt ghosts. Another game where you don't have to play through all the game for the plat. It's made even quicker by the fact that you can choose if you want to do puzzles during the game or not.

Last Trophy:  12S21c2de.png  Milo is a smart boy - Solve your first puzzle.

Leca051.png#

61. Rogue Cube

Play as a cube fending off other cubes in this rogue like. I got the EU version ready for my previous rain day. 

Last Trophy: 7Sb28b2a.png Everyday - Play a daily run.

L153922.png

62. Thunder Paw

Another game where you play as a dog, except this one's wielding what is probably the worst gun ever. It's a side scrolling shooter where your gun has awful range and you might as well just run up to the enemies and hit them. You can find other weapons thankfully. Once again, why play though the whole game.

Last Trophy: 3Sd6aaee.png  Secret Box 1 - Find the Hidden Box on Level 1.

L17f9cc.png

63. Mekabolt

A platformer where you need to use the enemy robots to traverse the levels. It's an alright game, which you only need to finish half the game for the plat.

Last trophy: 15S1cb4b8.png   Collector - Get 48 batteries

L43380b.png

64. Random Heroes: Gold Edition

I enjoy the Woblyware Ratalaika games, so had fun with this. A side scrolling shooter, with unlockable characters. you unlock these by getting a certain number of stars as you play through the levels. You can also earn money by defeating enemies which can be used to purchase new weapons. You get the idea by now, no need to play through the whole game for the plat.

Last trophy: 17S1b6d90.png Magnum - Buy the Magnum gun.

La54bbb.png

65. Radio Squid

This game has an interesting mechanic, where the amount of shots you fire is controlled by the beat of the song playing. Your shots will bounce off walls if you miss the enemy and can damage you if it hits you. It's very easy to damage yourself, especially in the smaller areas as your character will keep shooting, until all the enemies in the room are gone. Only have to beat the 1st 3 bosses.

Last Trophy: 5S81f3e3.png  Kaboom - Use bombs to clear bullets 5 times.

Lca7c51.png

66. Access Denied

A puzzle game which I played a while back where you need to use whatever is on each box to solve the puzzle. There is a variety of mechanics such as switches, buttons, dials, etc. 

Last Trophy: 11S24341c.png  One More Time - Complete a previously passed level

Ldc37b0.png

67. Twin Robots

The PS4 US version was pretty cheap, so though might as well. There's a little bit more involved in this compared to the PS5 list, as you need to collect all the batteries and pass every level with both robots alive. It's not too hard to do though, took about 2 hours to get ready.

Last Trophy: 17Sb0b382.png  I am the one who knocks - Run against a closed door

Edited by Shorty132471

Lc82887.png

68. We Were Here

An interesting co-op puzzle game which is currently free. This game requires you to communicate with your partner. One player explores the castle while the other is confined to the Library. The explorer has to tell the other player what they can see and the solution to the puzzle will be in the Library. It's a fairly short game. 1st playthrough took a little longer as we were working out the mechanics of a couple of the puzzles but after that, we could get through a playthrough in about 10 mins.

Last Trophy: 19Sf84753.png  Happy Ending - Have some confetti

• 3 weeks later...

L3d83f9.png

69. Tesla vs Lovecraft

A twin stick shooter where you play as Nikola Tesla, who has the ability to summon a mech. It's a fun game. You have to fend off a large number of enemies and it can get slightly overwhelming at times. The last few levels did take a few attempts to pass, but I didn't purchase any upgrades so that might have made it slightly harder than it would be playing normally.

Last Trophy: 19Sced06f.png  Meta Upgrade - Purchase a meta upgrade.

L676a3d.png

70. Tesla Force

Got the sequel as well and it is slightly different to the first one. It plays mostly the same, but the playthroughs are structured differently. There are some new characters to play as, but I just stuck with Tesla. The game will get harder the longer you take to finish the playthrough. Every time the clock makes 1 rotation, all the enemies are given a buff, which is chosen at random. This one didn't take as long to get ready.

Last Trophy: 10S2708f1.png  Iconoclasm - Destroy 12 Cthulhu statues in a single run

L19c169.png

71 and 72. Pinkman+

Hey, another easy Ratalaika game. It's a 2d platformer where you play as pinkman. You have to avoid mines and missiles. You also have a jetpack which is needed to complete most of the levels. Fairly simple and quick game to get ready.

Last Trophy: 12S59a505.png Level 45! - Complete 45 levels.

Thank you, did all 3 of my plat rains last year. Never got so many plats in the space of a year before. Getting more than 1 game finished in 1 day is still pretty good so congrats. 

Managed to get a couple more easy ones ready (I promise I am playing some longer games as well).

Lb2a1e7.png

73. Castle of No Escape 2

A very quick game to get ready. It's a top down dungeon crawler. The longest trophy is for playing for 5 mins, so it took about that long to get ready.

Last trophy: 2S04812c.png  What's that horn for? - Play game as a guardian

L819912.png

74. Cave Bad

This game was ok, kinda plays like a mix of the old zelda games and bomberman. You're armed with a pickaxe which you can use to clear out blocks. It also has a ranged attack which can be used to defeat enemies. You only need to get as far as beating the 3rd boss, so didn't take too long to get ready.

Last trophy: 10Sf91b9e.png  Money Maker III - Collect 100 coins

• 2 weeks later...

Lfdefe9.png

75. Thunderflash

A very easy top down shooter from Ratalaika. It's fairly easy to die quite a lot but the game gives you so many credits that you end up not even worrying about taking damage.

Last Trophy: 16S8fa67d.png  100 - Destroy 100 enemies in "Survival" mode

L00c8ca.png

76. Horizon Chase Turbo

Got this game free with PS Plus a while back, but never got round to starting it. It's a really fun racing game, which is inspired by some of the old racing games that are kind of on rails. You do have to move your car to overtake the other racers and to avoid hitting objects during turns. There's also a fuel mechanic, so you need to pick up fuel icons during races, otherwise you'll run out of fuel. It gets very quick towards the end. Some turns go by so quick you just start relying on muscle memory to avoid crashing. Thankfully for the endurance mode you don't have to do all 109 races at once, so you can back out after you've completed a race and continue later on. Would recommend giving this game a go.

Last Trophy: 31S3c247f.png Call Roadside Assistance - Lose a race running out of fuel

Ld2a44b.png

77. Thunderflash

Got the PS5 version ready as well, pretty quick and easy.

Last Trophy: 16S86cca3.png 100 - Destroy 100 enemies in "Survival" mode

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my, that sucks. That's quite a bit of progress lost. Hopefully you've made some good progress over the last couple of weeks.

Got some more ready:

Lee3a57.png

78. Ascendshaft and Endless Shaft

This game was, interesting. Think the sprites might have been made using MS Paint. Had to use the glitch to finish off Endless Shaft, found it impossible to complete legit for a couple of the modes.

Last Trophy: 9S44062c.png  Saucer exploder - beat boss at 70% speed or higher in Endless Shaft

La6b16b.png

79. and 80. Death Tales

I enjoyed this one, although it does get very repetitive. A sidescrolling platformer that can be played co-op. The PS5 version hasn't been named correctly when you go to look at the trophies, it's called Trophy Set.

Last trophy: 4Sd9379f.png  Foxy - Find all three pieces of the rare, fabled Red Fox gear.

L5b203e.png

81. Riddled Corpses EX

Had a lot of fun with this one. A twin stick shooter which starts off fairly difficult but gets easier the more you play it. You collect coins which can be used to level up the character you play as. You just fend off hordes of zombies and demons. Thankfully got through Arcade mode in 1 go (Erica is the way to go for this)

Last Trophy: 9Sb6edbf.png Survivor - Survive through 5 waves in survival mode

L24d4b1.png

82. Riverbond

Another very easy game. It was very similar to Minecraft Dungeons, just without the looter aspects. You can unlock a variety of skins, some of which are from other indie games. I was just going around as Shovel Knight, pretty cool. There's no punishment for death, so for bosses you can just wail on them and they go down eventually.

Last trophy: 53S858aff.png  Trigger Happy - Defeat 20 enemies with any Gun

• 2 weeks later...

L70ed3f.png

83. Newtonian Invasion

From the same publisher as Ascendshaft. It's a weird one, it's all about using the magnetism of different surfaces to reach a teleporter at the end of each level. You get what looks like an oversized Move Controller which can be used to shoot surfaces and change whether a surface will push or pull you you in. Fairly simple, hardest part was judging where you need to jump off certain platforms.

Last Trophy: 18S19fb86.png Planetfall - Descend to the planet

L24187c.png

84. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

I platinumed Muramasa Rebirth, another of Vanillaware's games a while back so thought this one looked just as fun. This was originally a game released on the PS2, remade with new art and some new scenes. Had a lot of fun with this. You get to play as 5 characters, each with their own story. Was slightly easier than Muramasa, as there were no speedrun or difficulty related trophies. Had to track which meals I'd eaten, as there was no in game tracking for this. Took about 30 hours overall to get ready.

Last trophy: 31Secc6cd.png All Ice-Spear Skills Acquired - Acquired all of Gwendolyn's Psypher skills.

Edited by Shorty132471

• 3 weeks later...

L6e855f.png

85. Squad Killer

A very simple game where you just need to take out all the enemies in the level to move onto the next one. took about 7 mins to get ready. Not much to say really.

Last Trophy: 13Se83dc0.png Survivor III - Die 5 times

L126cf7.png

86. Star Wars Episode 1: Racer

Podracing! A re-release of the original game, it's also a really easy game to finish. Once you get a couple of upgrades, you end up being much faster than the opponents. Had fun though. You just need to make sure you use the scrapyard to make the most money. It is possible to miss the trophy for purchasing the best upgrades, thankfully I managed to get it in the end.

Last Trophy: 22Sb08500.png Eat my exhaust - Taunt during a boost.

L77c1c0.png

87. Tinker Racers

Reminds me of the old micro machines games. I made sure to do all the single race and time trials in 1 sitting as it will apparently wipe your progress when you start the game again. Took a few hours to do, was a fun and fairly cheap game.

Last Trophy: 16Sebdd87.png  Owl Eyes - Win any track in Dark Mode

Lfa639d.png

88. Aragami

Saw this on PS Now and decided to give it a go. A decent stealth game where you use shadows to sneak around and attack the enemies. Has a cool mechanic where you can teleport to shadows in the distance to close in on enemies and escape if needed. Needed a couple of playthroughs, as you need to finish each level with no kills and another where you take out all enemies. It's not a long game, so didn't take too long.

Last Trophy: 38S14ea44.png  I don't care! - Skip a cinematic.