About what chapter can you unlock Survival Expert/Arms Master on the replay?

djb5f

Trying to gauge about how far through you have to go.   

I know it is the second half of the story (because of how the story is laid out) but wondering how far through that if I probably gathered most supplements/parts on the 1st playthrough (but definitely not all as I did not use a guide to find them).)

• Like 1

*Spoilers*

If I'm not mistaken, in my case, I got it (Arms Master) after I left Lev and Yara (with her arm crushed) to go looking for Owen (start of Chapter 31), just in the next workbench that you get close to where you left them... Probably you can get it a little earlier if you search better than me for parts xD

Oh, and for Survival Expert I got it when I was starting to climb the building to go to the hospital for the surgical equipment (Chapter 33)... I got my plat in that moment, but I couldn't stop playing when the best parts were still to be played =)

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

*Spoilers*

If I'm not mistaken, in my case, I got it (Arms Master) after I left Lev and Yara (with her arm crushed) to go looking for Owen, just in the next workbench that you get close to where you left them... Probably you can get it a little earlier if you search better than me for parts xD

Oh, and for Survival Expert I got it when I was starting to climb the building to go to the hospital for the surgical equipment... I got my plat in that moment, but I couldn't stop playing when the best parts were still to be played =)

Thanks, that helps for planning purposes.  Seems about 10 chapters in the second half so the replay is about 3/4 of the game before getting the platinum.  yeah, you might as well do the whole thing again at that point ;) 

Edited by djb5f

Just now, djb5f said:

Thanks, that helps for planning purposes.  Seems about 10 chapters in the second half so the replay is about 3/4 of the game and yeah, you might as well do the whole thing again at that point ;) 

Added the number of the chapters if it helps you, as I said, if you looked better for parts and supplements than me then you can get it earlier, but I think that I didn't do a bad work scavenging in my first run =)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

I went blind with the scanner and had enough by The Forest (Ch. 30)  were I got my plat. I got the weapons trophy even earlier, by On Foot (Ch. 25)

I did a pretty thorough exploration in my first run. 

Yeah, I just got the Arms Master trophy at a workbench outside the Home Depot type place (Chapter 25 On Foot).  I am still about 180 supplements short and am guessing it will end up like you in about Chapter 30.

My wife just got the Plat.

All weapons for Abby were upgraded in Hostile Territory (believe it was at the Seraphite temple area).

She didnt get the supplements upgrades all done until Lev and Yara hid in the trailers after being rescued.  Around the infected stealth sequence before Abby gets onto the boat and the crossbow weapon.

This is good information for me also. I have been wondering how far to play into Abby's story to get everything. I finished upgrading Ellie's weapons and character upgrade last night but still have to finish out her story to get to Abby.

Edited by snakebit10

On 7/7/2020 at 10:34 PM, djb5f said:

Yeah, I just got the Arms Master trophy at a workbench outside the Home Depot type place (Chapter 25 On Foot).  I am still about 180 supplements short and am guessing it will end up like you in about Chapter 30.

I got Survival Expert (and the Platinum) on Chapter 31 The Coast as I entered the bottom floor of the cruise ship.

Masterful game again from Naughty Dog.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 5:36 AM, Optinooby said:

Chapter 28: Hostile Territory is the earliest point.

Its a shame we have to go ALL the way to Abbys half just for 100 x parts and 150 x supplements.

Im hoping they change the upgrade costs in the future

If you skip cutscenes in the second playthrough it goes by pretty quickly. Basically finish upgrading Ellie then speedrun to Abby.  You can even skip some of the encounters by running past which made it even quicker.

5 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

If you skip cutscenes in the second playthrough it goes by pretty quickly. Basically finish upgrading Ellie then speedrun to Abby.  You can even skip some of the encounters by running past which made it even quicker.

True, I have a video series up of full platinum, no cutscenes in it and the videos add up to 13 hours.

So platinum takes 13 or so hours off gameplay if you want it to. Loading screens were annoying me a bi Uhht, skipping cutscenes makes them mega long ;)

• Like 1

Maybe I was a little later getting Abby fully upgraded. For her weapons it was right after the Forest chapter but I didn't get her character upgrades finished until getting to the Hospital. I must of missed a lot of the supplements for her on my first play through.

Anyways it is done and got my platinum.

I upgraded all Abby's weapons in the first workbench (On foot) and Survival Expert at the very beginning of Hostile Territory. 

I did a very exhaustive search in my first playtrough. 

I recomend you watching a Speedrun gameplay, it helps a lot. And of course play on very easy+

45 minutes ago, Jaina_Yossy said:

I upgraded all Abby's weapons in the first workbench (On foot) and Survival Expert at the very beginning of Hostile Territory. 

I did a very exhaustive search in my first playtrough. 

I recomend you watching a Speedrun gameplay, it helps a lot. And of course play on very easy+

I did a complete video series of a platinum walkthrough, 13 hours long.

Honestly though, anybody can speedrun without following anybody else, the game has a navigation marker making it simple to just sprint from A to B ;)

I got "Arms Master" in Chapter 25 (On foot) and "Survival Expert" in Chapter 30 (The Forest). Played the first time without a guide, but with what I think was a pretty exhaustive search everywhere as well. Grabbed the last colletibles after that via Chapter select and with a guide.  To get these trophy I did more of a speedrun with spamming the "enhanced listening mode" to make sure I get those parts and pills.

Platinum done.?