Devil May Cry 5

TrophyHunt121

It is possible but very skill-dependent since you do have to S Rank not only Dante Must Die but also Hell and Hell which basically means playing the whole game without getting hit. Hell and Hell uses Son of Sparda difficulty as the base difficulty, but I don't think you're allowed to get away with even one hit unless you make up for it with a higher score through other means since getting hit automatically uses a Gold Orb which lowers your score by 0.9x. So yeah, it's pretty harsh.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Redgrave said:

It is possible but very skill-dependent since you do have to S Rank not only Dante Must Die but also Hell and Hell which basically means playing the whole game without getting hit. Hell and Hell uses Son of Sparda difficulty as the base difficulty, but I don't think you're allowed to get away with even one hit unless you make up for it with a higher score through other means since getting hit automatically uses a Gold Orb which lowers your score by 0.9x. So yeah, it's pretty harsh.

thank you very much for your reply, ill give it a shot as its a fun game but its kinda messed up they put S ranks on ALL missions instead of just normal and hard. 
Impressive trophy list you have btw. 

• Like 1

Practice makes perfect. Currently working through a casual (is there such a thing?) playthrough of Dante Must Die. Already have one S rank for V's first mission. Looking up video guides and advice on forums helps. And again, practice. Compared to 1, 3, and 4 I feel it's easier than all 3 to S rank but 1 and 3 didn't require that and 4 didn't require Hell and Hell. If you don't know about camera manipulation look that up because it's very helpful. Nero is supposed to be the toughest character to S rank with so don't get down if you can't because he's the beginning character.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

Practice makes perfect. Currently working through a casual (is there such a thing?) playthrough of Dante Must Die. Already have one S rank for V's first mission. Looking up video guides and advice on forums helps. And again, practice. Compared to 1, 3, and 4 I feel it's easier than all 3 to S rank but 1 and 3 didn't require that and 4 didn't require Hell and Hell. If you don't know about camera manipulation look that up because it's very helpful. Nero is supposed to be the toughest character to S rank with so don't get down if you can't because he's the beginning character.

Yeah ive seen this channel called DevilsNeverCry hes just a pro, makes it actually look easy lol. I tried and all i can say is yeah its not easy lol. Going to be playing this as it would be a lovely platinum to own. Best of luck to you bro happy hunting. 

10 hours ago, TrophyHunt121 said:

thank you very much for your reply, ill give it a shot as its a fun game but its kinda messed up they put S ranks on ALL missions instead of just normal and hard. 
Impressive trophy list you have btw. 

Yeah, it's a great game but damn, asking to S Rank a one-hit death mode is too much for me :P I know people will say to use Dante's Faust weapon a lot which can make getting S Ranks on his stages easier. I'm not sure about Nero and V though. I think the only thing with Nero I've seen is using the Tomboy arm and I think the rocket punch one.

And thanks :)

Hey there! Truth be told, to get S Rank on Hell and Hell is not as hard anymore, especially since every character has a special gimmick that has been discovered and tested. 

V - have the bird charge level 3 and just spam lightning pillars, read the book to load the DT  bar, face the walls without having the monsters on your screen, they won't br hostile. Just mash them offscreen with your pets. Hardest mission will be the Geryon fight. 

Nero - punchline for extra juggles, gerbera for level traversal/parries, ragtime+ buster arm max charged for those pesky furies. Have a charged shot level 3(skill unlocked after finishing the game once). Hardest mission will be mission 8, you will most likely have to learn that one.

Dante - Max Faust hat for sure. Mission 13 is a great farming spot (gunslinger, spam circle to hit enemies and gather a ton of red orbs). For the furies, learn where they are and spam meteor. For the bosses, regular shooting like crazy will deplete their health instantly. Hardest mission will be mission 10. Mission 12 can be skipped almost entirely with cavaliere weapon. 

As mentioned above, practice makes perfect. It's not as tough as it might seem, definitely easier than in DMC4.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2020 at 6:21 PM, Copanele said:

Hey there! Truth be told, to get S Rank on Hell and Hell is not as hard anymore, especially since every character has a special gimmick that has been discovered and tested. 

V - have the bird charge level 3 and just spam lightning pillars, read the book to load the DT  bar, face the walls without having the monsters on your screen, they won't br hostile. Just mash them offscreen with your pets. Hardest mission will be the Geryon fight. 

Nero - punchline for extra juggles, gerbera for level traversal/parries, ragtime+ buster arm max charged for those pesky furies. Have a charged shot level 3(skill unlocked after finishing the game once). Hardest mission will be mission 8, you will most likely have to learn that one.

Dante - Max Faust hat for sure. Mission 13 is a great farming spot (gunslinger, spam circle to hit enemies and gather a ton of red orbs). For the furies, learn where they are and spam meteor. For the bosses, regular shooting like crazy will deplete their health instantly. Hardest mission will be mission 10. Mission 12 can be skipped almost entirely with cavaliere weapon. 

As mentioned above, practice makes perfect. It's not as tough as it might seem, definitely easier than in DMC4.

THIS. Also it’s important to know that you can have a very low style rank but as long as you don’t get hit in the level, you will receive a no damage bonus x2.0 to your score which will automatically give you an S rank. So learn how to cheese each enemy, level, and weapons you use to get the no damage bonus.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 2:17 AM, TrophyHunt121 said:

Hi everyone, 

If there is any of you who happened to Platinum DMC5. Please let me know if this is 10/10 difficulty or is it actually possible? 

i mean getting S ranks on ALL difficulties seems like such a kick in the face. 

It's not too bad really, There's many great strategies , You can use Faust hat for dante missions and you can easily  get an S rank ,and for Nero if you want to get an easy SSS style rank try to use Nero Punchline arms its really useful .

It's great game you should play it .

On 08/07/2020 at 2:41 AM, Redgrave said:

You can get hit twice on Hell and Hell mode (it won't activate any penalties whatsoever but you won't have any bonus multiplies from what I remember) and still attain S rank if you have 5500 Stylish points or higher but using the 3rd Gold Orb will activate Triple Orb Revive penalty which'll reduce your score by half. 

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
  • Like 1

It's actually really not that hard of a game to platinum. There are only a couple of missions that gave me trouble to S rank (8,10 and 12 for example) but the others were okay. It's not easy but at least it isn't frustrating because the game has imo the best combat system in all of the hack'n slash genre. If you practice a bit you can do it. I would rate the difficulty an 8/10.  I also personally think that getting 100% in Nioh is harder than DMC5's platinum. Good luck.

13 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

You can get hit twice on Hell and Hell mode (it won't activate any penalties whatsoever but you won't have any bonus multiplies from what I remember) and still attain S rank if you have 5500 Stylish points or higher but using the 3rd Gold Orb will activate Triple Orb Revive penalty which'll reduce your score by half. 

Oh okay, I thought never getting hit was the main thing but I guess you do just get a bigger bonus out of it.

It's just practice. I finished the game on normal, then I started my S rank run from human. Just play the stage until you get it. Eventually you will learn how to string different attacks naturally, how to deal with certain encounters, learn enemies patterns and things will go very quick. In some stages I preffered to do a no damage run instead of relying on Stylish points alone, so maybe because of this I didnt have too many problems on HAH. The hardest missions to me were 4 (the one with V that you start underground and at the very start you fight with some very annoying lizards) both on DMD and HAH, and one mission with Dante where you active some altars and fight Urizen at the end if I am not mistaken, on DMD. Until that point I refused to use Faust, but then I gave up and used, and it is a great ally of yours if you know how to time it right. 

Personally I played a lot of DMC on the past, specially 3, but I never bothered with scoring S or getting high stylish point, so DmC and DMC 5 platinums were the only time that I really tried this. It is just practice and patience. Sometimes you will repeat the same part over and over, put the game is so good that I didnt even care, it's like in Sekiro. Just dont bother watching videos on Youtube or reading guides, do it your way. I got the platinum and everything, but I think that if I recorded my runs they would not be as elegant, fluid and stylish as some you will watch. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 6:21 PM, Copanele said:

Yep this 100% is great advice.

If I could add anything, it would be just enjoy the grind.

This is a once in a genaration game and should be enjoyed to its fullest.

• Like 2