How to get what the...? Trophy

cbh114

• 4 months later...

Update as of novembre 2020;

this ultra infamous trophy popped for me last night.
Some feedback:

- never give up. May sounds silly, but as long as you don’t loose hope the chirpnado might eventually appear. It’s RNG based, nothing you can fail. 

- 100+ish hours. That’s what it took for me, semi-idling a map large of 6 squares, playing beside on PS Vita/watching Netflix/doing chores. Create a sustainable and independent city that won’t bankrupt without you, able to resist all other catastrophes. 
- don’t be impatient for the 100%. Every week or so I’d take a break, in order to stay sane. It’s quite rewarding in the end, I guess that’s the price we have to pay for being completist! 
Cheers y’all and good luck :) 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Toitoinou51 said:

Update as of novembre 2020;

this ultra infamous trophy popped for me last night.
Some feedback:

- never give up. May sounds silly, but as long as you don’t loose hope the chirpnado might eventually appear. It’s RNG based, nothing you can fail. 

- 100+ish hours. That’s what it took for me, semi-idling a map large of 6 squares, playing beside on PS Vita/watching Netflix/doing chores. Create a sustainable and independent city that won’t bankrupt without you, able to resist all other catastrophes. 
- don’t be impatient for the 100%. Every week or so I’d take a break, in order to stay sane. It’s quite rewarding in the end, I guess that’s the price we have to pay for being completist! 
Cheers y’all and good luck :) 

yeah i got it like 2 months ago, its stupid as shit and I hated it lol

Have been simming my map for 120 in-game years, still nothing. Have a sustainable 50,000 person city on the back corner of a 9 tile region. Created massive mountains that stop any magnitude tsunami in its tracks. Have been simulating on and off for about 2 weeks. This is ridiculous haha, have never done a trophy quite like this. 

13 hours ago, Lithium_Lemon said:

Have been simming my map for 120 in-game years, still nothing. Have a sustainable 50,000 person city on the back corner of a 9 tile region. Created massive mountains that stop any magnitude tsunami in its tracks. Have been simulating on and off for about 2 weeks. This is ridiculous haha, have never done a trophy quite like this. 

Did it for like 3 months ? gl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just completed this trophy.

A bit of additional advice (Don't know if anyone has mentioned this anywhere), but I did this on a 'desert' map with no rivers or sea. 

Reason being, you cannot get tsunami disasters, therefore I'm assuming this takes the disaster out of the potential pool of disasters, and should therefore increase your odds of getting the special tornado.

Obviously I can't confirm this as its a theory, however the 'disaster' popped in 2067 for me, and as it still works on these maps (just confirmed), couldn't harm doing it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

So what should I do to start AFK? 

I would start with building a big city with multiple disaster response units. If the city makes enough money you can just leave it. 

Or if you really don’t want to do anything build a small city leave it and hope you return in time to fix everything before you lose too much money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BullShark_NL said:

This thing is very random, here is a screenshot when I got it. As you can see it is only year 2026 and the population is 2279.

EkDdWAmXYAYU91m?format=jpg&name=large

Empty map won’t work.

I got it when I was asleep so the ss is me looking on the ground ?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The year is 2212. A city scarred by earthquakes, meteors and sinkholes.

Still we pray for the chirpnado.

Honestly wondering if I should just start a new map, keep the faith or just call it quits.

-----

2 hours later it spawned. Ain't that just the way ?

Edited by XiadhoX
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

FL-O_foaAAAorm6?format=jpg&name=largeGot it after turn on ps4 for 3 day (~70hr).

my city have 9 cell with 300-400k pop, It so boring to fix thing after disasters gone. I deleted all of my city and start rebuild small town at the edge of the map, it can survive disaster it safe that make thing easy to afk. Got it at year 2338 566pop.

Edited by Rain_SEN

I got the trophy a few days ago after idling for roughly 10 hours a day for 3 weeks. I build a 25k-inhabitant city (that I used for achieving Happy Town) and after that I activated disasters. It was year 2036, and after that I made my city grow a little (around 45k inhabitants) and the Chirpnado finally appeared in 2236 after countless earthquakes, meteors and sinkholes. The disasters that appeared the least for me were exactly tornadoes, with probably less than 10 spawning in a 200-year span.

I am glad it is over now. For those who are crazy enough to attempt this trophy, you will surely feel frustrated as hell but do not lose hope! You will make it in the end.

• 3 months later...

So i got the trophy after taking a break from idling. After looking through the internet for a bit i found a post which stated that it is possible the chirpnado would spawn after a set amount of disasters.

So i loaded up my 130k population city, and found a spot where i manually spawned like 200 forest fires,  and then let my game run idle, while repairing my city after every disaster,  and after 6 hours of idling (over 2 days), it finally spawned,  maybe this was a bit of luck, but it felt like it increased the changes.

So over the 6 hours that i idled, i got like 15 / 20 disasters, and i tried reloading my save once to see if a disaster would change, but i didn't have that luck.

Edit: you won't get a special pop up, or atleast i didn't, it would just say tornado warning with a random scale,  and when the tornado came into the Arena, the trophy popped.

Edited by Colin

• 2 months later...

I've been playing this game for a month now around 6 or more hours a days and nothing !

I keep getting Tsunamies and regular tornadoes ... my map is filled with cracks and holes .. and I still have my hope up !

I took a leave for a month thinking that I'm going to platinum many games yet I can't move on unless I get this stupid trophy :(

it's frustaring but on the bright side I did catch up on my TV series and movies

• 5 weeks later...

i've been playing for a week now and i think i just got very lucky. 

i had a city of around 11k people and after i cleaned up the mess of the tsunami there was a tornado warning.

(it was on my second city which i played for 3 real life days or so)

I hope you guys get it soon!

• 1 month later...
On 10/08/2022 at 0:10 AM, dhelala said:

I've been playing this game for a month now around 6 or more hours a days and nothing !

I keep getting Tsunamies and regular tornadoes ... my map is filled with cracks and holes .. and I still have my hope up !

I took a leave for a month thinking that I'm going to platinum many games yet I can't move on unless I get this stupid trophy :(

it's frustaring but on the bright side I did catch up on my TV series and movies

Update !

reached year 2467

almost bankrupt!

still nothing 

I’ve been playing the game since June !

I can say that I’m almost fed up with it by now 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/10/2022 at 2:11 AM, dhelala said:

Update !

reached year 2467

almost bankrupt!

still nothing 

I’ve been playing the game since June !

I can say that I’m almost fed up with it by now 

im pretty sure if i remember what I did, I made a really crap city and then just let it run