How to get what the...? Trophy

cbh114

On 11/5/2022 at 8:13 AM, cbh114 said:

im pretty sure if i remember what I did, I made a really crap city and then just let it run

Reached Year 2600.. something and my city is becoming pretty crappy my only source of income is the football stadium and it's only getting worse 

On 13/11/2022 at 9:51 PM, bechtold20 said:

Can this be obtained while being idle? I was always under the impression that the answer was yes, but I read on TrueAcheivments that you couldn’t? And has anyone else tried the deleting saved files idea that they talk about?

i got this trophy while leaving the game idle. i cant see why this wouldn't work

On 13-11-2022 at 9:51 PM, bechtold20 said:

Can this be obtained while being idle? I was always under the impression that the answer was yes, but I read on TrueAcheivments that you couldn’t? And has anyone else tried the deleting saved files idea that they talk about?

You can be idle, but you need to have a city, you can't run the game without anything build.

Also when a disaster strikes your game it will go to 1x speed, so it can be a really slow progress

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I finally got this dumb trophy.

Year 2364.

I build my town on 2 squares, surrounded by walls. 

Originally, there was a river, so I terraform it.

I reach 90.000 and buy all the zones available, so that you drease the chance of having your town damaged)

Then ... I wait.

Save regularly (reload when there's too much damage on the town).

After each new disaster, press L3 to speed X3.

I can't tell how long it took me, but I idle the game ~15 hours/week for about 7 month.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

Does anyone know whether or not manually summoning a tornado can have a chance for it to come in as a chirpnado?

It can't. 

A Chirpnado isn't considered a "variant" of a tornado, it's its own thing - and as such, has to spawn naturally.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hey, I found out about a more efficient way thanks to a steam forum:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/discussions/0/3053985636023142358/

On the playstation you can't use mods, so you can't change frequenties of certain disasters. but for it seems a Chirpnado is more likely after 200 disasters.

So I used a city I already made for other trophies, it was located near water so unfortunately I had to deal with tsunamis. 

I removed all of the trees, and put a lot of them near each other away from the city. I've spammed over 200+ forrest fires (more likely 300) and a couple of tornados in the same area. 

Of course I had to deal with other disasters, most of them weren't too bad. 

I think the 10th tornado was the chirpnado, it took me about 6 hours I think.

As you can see it was only 2053.

I refuse to leave my playstation on and idling for trophies. So this might be a quicker and a more power saving alternative.

IMG_0578_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

@mizimmer Yes, I triggered the forrest fires manually and a couple of tornados. After I had what I believed was enough, I let the game run for a couple of hours and fix the damage of the disasters. That took me like two sessions of 3 hours or so for the 'naturally' spawned tornado to be the chirpnado. So the chirpnado was not manually triggered. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2023 at 8:25 AM, aross76 said:

I'm curious how people who just left their games running handled trash buildup!

i did this years ago, but i just ran it for a while, then loaded an old save and repeat as disasters are random

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.05.2023 at 0:25 AM, aross76 said:

I'm curious how people who just left their games running handled trash buildup!

The normal way xD, landfills are only a good option in the beginning, once you can afford it use only incinerators and garbage processing facilities, have the availability in the green and you're good to idle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 0:41 AM, HaserPL said:

The normal way xD, landfills are only a good option in the beginning, once you can afford it use only incinerators and garbage processing facilities, have the availability in the green and you're good to idle.

I guess I never really had to think about "long-term" solutions until I was letting my game play for 80 years!

• 2 weeks later...

The trophy popped for me after 110 years of running the city. I was keeping it at 10k~ to make years as short as possible and to keep the finances in the green, other than that I have tried everything that I could think of, and in my opinion, there's no way of manipulating RNG for this trophy. I have manually spawned about 1000 disasters and tried saving every few days to see if I could land with a save just before a disaster but no, sometimes a disaster would occur around the same date, but most of the time they didn't show up for a year or so. When I finally got the trophy, I had a streak of about 8/9 meteor strikes in about 2 years in-game. Fuck this trophy, I was lucky enough as it is, but I've read some people playing for more than 500 hours and never getting Chirpnado.

• 1 month later...

I've been slowly working on this for a couple of months, letting the game run an hour here or there while making dinner.

So far, no luck. I triggered several hundred disasters by hand before starting, since I read that apparently the Chirpnado only spawns after at least 200 normal disasters have spawned.

A few things I noticed:

- disasters seem to prefer spawning in certain areas (see all meteor impacts in my river)

- meteors are by far the most common disaster

- disasters seem to avoid populated areas. I've only had 1 meteor, 1 earthquake and 1 sinkhole hit my tiny city

- this achievement sucks

CS1.jpg

11 hours ago, WeTeHa said:

I've been slowly working on this for a couple of months, letting the game run an hour here or there while making dinner.

So far, no luck. I triggered several hundred disasters by hand before starting, since I read that apparently the Chirpnado only spawns after at least 200 normal disasters have spawned.

A few things I noticed:

- disasters seem to prefer spawning in certain areas (see all meteor impacts in my river)

- meteors are by far the most common disaster

- disasters seem to avoid populated areas. I've only had 1 meteor, 1 earthquake and 1 sinkhole hit my tiny city

- this achievement sucks

CS1.jpg

Accidently deleted my last response when updating it but I wanted to add two things that I’ve been doing, 1 using the remote app to turn back on 3x when disasters hit instead of having to use the controller. 2. Tying a rubber band around controller after potential reports of idling for long periods of time (more than 2h??) may lock you out the trophy? Again I can’t confirm that but that’s what I read over at true achievements. 

It is done! Just had the disaster pop while making breakfast.

Final year was 2143, started idling in ~2055-2060.

Spoiler

Now to work on completing CS Remastered on PS5

Edited by WeTeHa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WeTeHa said:

It is done! Just had the disaster pop while making breakfast.

Final year was 2143, started idling in ~2055-2060.

Reveal hidden contents

Now to work on completing CS Remastered on PS5

There it is congrats! Personally I’m not trying my luck again if/when I get this lol ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got this trophy two times (for the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game) without many troubles. Each time the Chirpnado happened in the year 2055-2060.

This is how I proceeded:

- I created a new city, in which I made 3 or 4 separated districts. I also kept a lot of empty land between them (each district in a separate tile). 

- Districts should be autonomous, each one had its own highway entry, and had all the necessary amenities (electricity, water, fire and police, healthcare and disaster unit...). 

- A minimum population of 16000 is required for the crematoriums to be unlocked. But I reached more than 40k to unlock 6 tiles (to keep a lot of empty space on the map)

- I Let the game run in the background, with disaster frequency put at maximum level.

- Occasionally, I repair the district if a disaster hit it, and I put the game back to full speed.

IMG-2298.png

• 2 months later...

I got just got it in the year 2098, not entirely accurate date since I had to reload quite a few times when a disaster completely blew my city up, so the actual year is certainly above 2100, but likely not by much more than 2-3 decades or so. Took a few days of combined time letting the game run with a self ststaining 5000-6000 citizen city while doing other things, I actually let it run through a few nights too, yes not ideal with the progress speed getting slowed, but better than no progress at all.

Usually I get completely screwed over by crappy pure rng trophies with low chances like this, but the fact that I still have not yet unlocked the 1001 Nights trophy (actually the last one I need now) makes me believe that I got very lucky this time, especially by my standards, even if I needed a few decades more than some others in this thread. Still one of the dumbest trophies I have ever seen, I already imagined the scenario of not unlocking this thing for a few hundred hours, and the fact that I got lucky for once does not make me any less disgusted by this trophy existing. To anyone still grinding for it, I feel for you and wish that you unlock it as soon as possible.

9 hours ago, elvisfan1 said:

is there a map that's more likely to spawn a tornado / chirpnado than others? I'm on quite a water based map and the amount of tsunamis I've had is silly.

I have not found anything online that indicates any map having a higher chance of spawning a chirpnado, mainly because the game treats it as its very own disaster and the chance of it appearing seems to be fully fixed at around 0.4%, so it is unlikely that a map that does not spawn tsunamis has a better chance as the chirpnado would work with the same spawn chance anyway. It is still highly recommended to choose a map without tsunamis, if not for a higher chirpnado spawn chance then certainly to severely reduce the number of reloads, as a tsunami is by far the most devastating disaster and almost always requires a reload, and at least my subjective experience is a reduced frequency of disasters for the first 10 to 15 minutes or so after reloading, which could make it take longer as well as make it more annoying. Having tsunamis is more punishing for your city if you decide to do it full afk over night or while you are at work so your chance of going bankrupt and therefore the game pausing is increased.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 1