No post-story "freemode"?

Hello everyone reading this!

So about half an hour ago, I finally completed my first playtrough, getting the Ascension Ending. However, after beating the final boss, watching trough the credits and getting a bit of context afterwards, I was forced to choose to start a "New Game Plus", or go back to the main menu. *SLIGHT SPOILER WARNING* Does that mean that I was supposed go grind for all the trophies from the 1st playtrough (according to the guide), before I jumped into one of the final dungeons which then took control over my location/i.e. prevented me from investing because I wasn't in control of the CPUs? I expected to have a sort of freemode, allowing me to grind to my hearts content. Maybe I need to get the true a.k.a. revival ending first, but a short Google investigation didn't give me an answer. Can someone clarify? FYI, I never in my life owned any other Neptunia game, let alone played trough an RPG (altough I'm working on Costume Quest rn, but I'm still just halfway trough) so that might explain my initial misconception.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Filipp-S

That freemode/Post-story is Revival Ending only and all grind can be carried over into New Game+ so you can continue on the grind you worked on while going for the True/Revival Ending.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

That freemode/Post-story is Revival Ending only and all grind can be carried over into New Game+ so you can continue on the grind you worked on while going for the True/Revival Ending.

Okay, great.

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1