Putting my backlog in the backseat for NBA 2K20

LosAngelesPride

Just let me know.  Also, I forgot to tell you I make three builds; a guard, small forward and big man.  That's because I enjoy the game and I play with friends, and I can play any position.  If you want to be efficient on MyCarrer, make a small forward like LeBron or Kobe. (check YouTube)

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, shlomaniac said:

Any tips or some kind of trophy guide available? 

I love playing the basketball/soccer games but the trophy lists are a pain sometimes. 

If you see this message and can  help somehow i would appreciate it 1f64f.png1f601.png

The tips in TA is probably everything you need

Good luck on your journey - I'm also going for the platinum, though as my side-game, since the time commitment is ridiculous.

---

Step 1: Misc Gameplay Trophies

There's a bunch of trophies you can easily get in Quick Play if you have 2 controllers. Probably the fastest set you can clear up.

Step 2: MyCareer 

Most of these trophies can be done with the difficulty set to Pro, and quarters set to 12 minutes. 

Badges help, and you can use your VC to purchase 'boosts' in the neighborhood which is a great help (especially blocks!)

Someone mentioned before to make a Small Foward build, I'm totally on board for that - don't make the same mistake I did where I play the position I play in real life (Slashing Point Guard) - makes the Quadruple Double trophy a lot more taxing then it needs to be.

Step 3:MyTeam

In my opinion, this is the end-game.

I'm taking this slowly, just remember to utilize all the events/dailies/weekly/monthlies. The Auction House is your best friend. 

Since prices fluctuate, I just don't see it as feasible to go hard for cards now when they'll most likely drop in price in a few months - so just enjoy the mode and have fun making your own team. I personally love the EVO system.

Also - PLEASE use Locker Codes, you have no idea how immensely helpful they are - https://www.nba2k.io/20/active-locker-codes/

• Like 3

I did the quadruple double with my slashing SF (the position I always make myself).  Not too difficult but it will take a few tries.  I did it with steals as the 4th category.  You might foul out trying to reach in too much.  Also there were a couple of games where they benched me for nearly the entire fourth quarter so make sure your team does not get ahead by too many points.

I think the ideal build for this trophy would be a guard if you go for steals or a really tall PF or C if you go for blocks.  The SF is sort of stuck in between - but then again, you can do all MyCareer trophies with him, he is just more of a tweener.

22 hours ago, Rello-Evante said:

Good luck on your journey - I'm also going for the platinum, though as my side-game, since the time commitment is ridiculous.

---

Step 1: Misc Gameplay Trophies

There's a bunch of trophies you can easily get in Quick Play if you have 2 controllers. Probably the fastest set you can clear up.

Step 2: MyCareer 

Most of these trophies can be done with the difficulty set to Pro, and quarters set to 12 minutes. 

Badges help, and you can use your VC to purchase 'boosts' in the neighborhood which is a great help (especially blocks!)

Someone mentioned before to make a Small Foward build, I'm totally on board for that - don't make the same mistake I did where I play the position I play in real life (Slashing Point Guard) - makes the Quadruple Double trophy a lot more taxing then it needs to be.

Step 3:MyTeam

In my opinion, this is the end-game.

I'm taking this slowly, just remember to utilize all the events/dailies/weekly/monthlies. The Auction House is your best friend. 

Since prices fluctuate, I just don't see it as feasible to go hard for cards now when they'll most likely drop in price in a few months - so just enjoy the mode and have fun making your own team. I personally love the EVO system.

Also - PLEASE use Locker Codes, you have no idea how immensely helpful they are - https://www.nba2k.io/20/active-locker-codes/

Thank you for your tips, much appreciated ? 

4 hours ago, TheOiler19 said:

If you haven't already found it, locker codes at 2klockercode.com should help.

Yessir thanks for sharing the website ?

• 1 year later...

Bringing this back from a year ago, I just wanted to share the fact that I finally got the platinum for NBA 2K20. It was honestly the most draining grind I have ever done, took way longer than I anticipated, I'm glad I finally got it done before the servers shutdown ?

14 minutes ago, LosAngelesPride said:

Bringing this back from a year ago, I just wanted to share the fact that I finally got the platinum for NBA 2K20. It was honestly the most draining grind I have ever done, took way longer than I anticipated, I'm glad I finally got it done before the servers shutdown 1f601.png

Congrats @LosAngelesPride!!!  In general I don't play sports games but I have a buddy that does and he tells me the grind in many of these games are real.  Based on the Platinum rarity (0.36%), it gives you a good idea how challenging this one is, albeit most fans of NBA 2K probably aren't avid trophy hunters.

Regardless, well done!  I always like to see trophy hunters stick out a long and difficult journey to the Plat.

• Like 1