DLC trophy thoughts?

shxrpay

The title basically says it all, what do you think about the DLC? It doesn't seem too bad imo, except that the level 5 with 50 legends and 25 with 3 legends seems like they'd be a bit of a grind. Not sure what horde mode is though, that may be hard depending on what it entails

Uh, what a nice surprise, didn't see it coming.

Doesn't look hard, maybe I am already at good point with 50 Legends at Level 5 since I kept playing every now and then since getting the Platinum. Either way, it will be a pleasure to earn again Trophies in this game.

Edited by KenjiCBZ

Seems pretty easy but grindy if you haven't played enough. Luckily I play it everyday so level related ones are mine already.

8 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

The title basically says it all, what do you think about the DLC? It doesn't seem too bad imo, except that the level 5 with 50 legends and 25 with 3 legends seems like they'd be a bit of a grind. Not sure what horde mode is though, that may be hard depending on what it entails

In horde mode you're in the Apocalypse map and have 2 gates which you have to defend from enemies.

Nice surprise indeed. I hope we’ll get even more since they named it “expansion set 1”.

3 level 25 chararacters is very grindy.

3 minutes ago, SADCM_PT said:

Edited by Klart

49 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

By the way, this game has been in my backlog for quite some time and I've been thinking of platting it. Any tips?

Play with a friend so the grind is less tedious lol. It's an overall easy platinum

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

Carry the Team - Get 6 KOs in a single Ranked 2v2 or Friendly 2v2 game.

Friendly, does that mean this trophy can be boosted with 4 players easily, like from a lobby or something? Haven't played since 2018.

It's just you with a friend or random player against 2 other randoms. Possible to boost if you pick an emptier server at a certain time most likely. It's not hard tho. Just tell your partner do leave every kill for you and there you go

20 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

Carry the Team - Get 6 KOs in a single Ranked 2v2 or Friendly 2v2 game.

Friendly, does that mean this trophy can be boosted with 4 players easily, like from a lobby or something? Haven't played since 2018.

Unlikely. I tried boosting some trophies back in 2017 with a friend but didn't obtain them, they had to be done legit.

Edited by KenjiCBZ
Edit: Yes, what said above it's true: however, you can't have three friends and boost with them. You can set up a 2 vs 2 match with three friends and play it, but you can't get trophies in that match.
  • Like 1

The dlc trophies seem hard, grindy, and possibly bugged. 7/10 in difficulty if you're doing it legit (Mainly due to getting all kills by yourself on 2v2 matchmaking). I've reached level 10 with the orb and cannon legends BEFORE the expansion came out, but the trophies didn't pop when I booted the game... 

Edit: Due to how hard completing Wave 26 of Horde is, the difficulty of the DLC might approach 8/10 depending on skill.

Edited by Mathology12

7 minutes ago, Mathology12 said:

The dlc trophies seem hard, grindy, and possibly bugged. 7/10 in difficulty if you're doing it legit (Mainly due to getting all kills by yourself on 2v2 matchmaking). I've reached level 10 with the orb and cannon legends BEFORE the expansion came out, but the trophies didn't pop when I booted the game... 

Same, you need to level up the Legend once more. I had Sydra at Level 11, got to Level 12 with a couple of matches and got the Trophy.

• Like 4

Damn! I wish I'd have known they'd update the game. I like having the platinum saved for last. Oh well... at least it gives me a reason to play the game again

Edit: I also hope the trophies for reaching level 10 with a canon legend and orb legend auto pop when I get in the game. I already have Xull and Petra over 10.

Edit #2: Apparently they don't?!?!?!? I just played 2 games with my level 16 Xull and no cannon trophy... what a pain.

Edited by PatinumNumemon

1 hour ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Damn! I wish I'd have known they'd update the game. I like having the platinum saved for last. Oh well... at least it gives me a reason to play the game again

Edit: I also hope the trophies for reaching level 10 with a canon legend and orb legend auto pop when I get in the game. I already have Xull and Petra over 10.

Edit #2: Apparently they don't?!?!?!? I just played 2 games with my level 16 Xull and no cannon trophy... what a pain.

Just level up once and they pop

• Like 1

I think it's super cool because I was getting bored of having little to do in the game aside from grinding for gold and a few more levels. So now I have more cool objectives to go for, as the rest of this trophy list was super fun IMO

• Like 1

Ouch. It's been over a year since I last played this. I did continue to play for a few weeks after getting the plat last summer but then other games called. I was never great at the game but was getting semi decent towards the end. All muscle memory is now lost and it took me three games to remember how to drop a weapon - darn. My nine year old daughter just beat me in a private friendly match -lol! I did just hop into a ranked game and won my second match in that so it's looks like I am not the only one who is cluelessly jumping back on board. I did manage to get one of the new trophies for double bombing or something in the first 10 minutes of play so it seems I was either really lucky or it's really easy (probably the latter) as I had no idea what I was doing. Good luck all fellow returners.

I just leveled up with Petra to level 12 and it gave me both trophies for having a level 10 cannon legend and a level 10 orb legend. As for the horde mode, I can only reach round 7 with hard difficulty bots. That mode is tough!! Probably will be the hardest trophy out of them all.

Horde mode sucks ass. That's the hardest trophy in the new set IMO.

To clarify why:
You can't play solo.

Bots, even on 'Hard', treat each enemy as if it were a human player and are generally useless, so you'll need a friend for this
The game randomly decides to ruin your gates, taking them from mild damage to critical from a regular enemy

Difficulty goes from 0-100 when you get to level 22 and 100-500 when you get to 24

Haven't gotten past 24 yet. But bugger me this is hard.

Edited by SquidGeneral10
Extra info
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

Horde mode sucks ass. That's the hardest trophy in the new set IMO.

To clarify why:
You can't play solo.

Bots, even on 'Hard', treat each enemy as if it were a human player and are generally useless, so you'll need a friend for this
The game randomly decides to ruin your gates, taking them from mild damage to critical from a regular enemy

Difficulty goes from 0-100 when you get to level 22 and 100-500 when you get to 24

Haven't gotten past 24 yet. But bugger me this is hard.

How many people in one game have you played it with? Do you know if more enemies spawn when more players are in a game?