Pokémon Platinum: Umbreon Moveset

Kristen Danielle 2

Pokémon Platinum: Umbreon Moveset  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Hi, guys. I know this isn't trophy related, as it's about Nintendo, but I am trying to decide on a final moveset for my Umbreon, who is named Eclipse. I have most of the moves I want because he's already Level 70, but I was wondering what you guys thought I should do when he hits 71.

• Dark Pulse, Payback, Moonlight, Confuse Ray
    • Dark Pulse, Assurance, Moonlight, Confuse Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Most people would tell you to go with a non-attacking moveset like Toxic, Mean Look, Wish and Taunt because Umbreon has sucky attack stats and there are better dark types like Weavile. But if you want to attack with Umbreon, I agree that Payback is better because your speed is so bad you'll get hit most of the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rune_Crys said:

Most people would tell you to go with a non-attacking moveset like Toxic, Mean Look, Wish and Taunt because Umbreon has sucky attack stats and there are better dark types like Weavile. But if you want to attack with Umbreon, I agree that Payback is better because your speed is so bad you'll get hit most of the time.

My team consists of the Eeveelutions minus Sylveon because I was playing Gen IV. I've beaten the Elite Four since I posted this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming this is for singles play... I'd say for Pokemon platinum that payback is definitely better than assurance. Assurance is really only good in doubles.

Confuse ray is pretty good. This is before it was nerfed so I think it's a solid choice.

I'd switch out dark pulse for psychic/toxic/facade imo, but that's just my opinion. Unless your Umbreon is outspeeding opponents, dark pulse is just a weaker version of payback. The reason why dark pulse is good is if you outspeed your opponent for that 30% flinch chance. However, if you're slower, you don't get that benefit.

Of course, if you want the option of both (for faster/slower Pokemon), both gives you flexibility.

• Like 1