Impressed With Trophy Hunter Maturity

18 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

From a trophy hunter Perspective it seems disappointing as you can change “accessibility” settings in a way that basically makes the platinum a non event. I feel that some challenge should be retained. I hope that doesn’t make me seem “ableist”

not at all it definitely takes away from the experience the features are neat but combine that with no difficulty trophy.... eaaassyyy platinum

• Like 3

I was not expecting this either, when I put up my analysis, hence the reason why I added that I want "everyone to stay civilized and not resort to namecalling".

But pretty much everyone did. And I was pleasantly surprised. :)

Also: calling the director "Cuckmann" or saying that Ellie's gay because he likes dudes or because he wants to push an SJW-LGBTQ narrative or political agenda, does not add anything to the debate. On the contrary, it is juvenile and completely ridiculous.

• Like 2

im glad the game sold well, sony needs the cash close to ps5 launch. but I think if they went with the story they initially wanted to go with, rather then the shitshow copy game of thrones story they went with the final release of the game, everyone would have enjoyed it more, but when the leaks happened, people wanted to just think badly of the game.

there's plenty of other games to buy. but right now this game is a raging salt factory between fanboys and morons, hell a couple of the people that posted death threats to laura were die hard fans that snapped during joel's death lol.and then later apologised when the weed wore off.

i might give it a shot on ps5 but i doubt it. depends of if i can be arsed with the first.

I don't know man. I came on this site after playing the game and opened a few threads, saw a few unsavoury replies and namecalling going on that I pretty much gave up ever discussing this game with anyone other than irl friends. 

Edited by abhinandhan22
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Livingstone7728 said:

not at all it definitely takes away from the experience the features are neat but combine that with no difficulty trophy.... eaaassyyy platinum

I agree.  I'm really happy that it has all the accessibility options that it has and that there are so many things that you can scale the difficulty level on, I'll use that myself when replaying this game in the future and that was something that I wish I could have tweaked in the first (HUD and inventory management of grounded with enemy AI of survivor and resource pickup of hard would be my ideal way of replaying that game), that's all great, but the no difficulty based trophies thing really bothers me.  Bothers me so much that when I went through the second time picking up all the collectibles, I played it on Survivor anyway.  Platinum trophy is really supposed to mean something.

On the original subject, I think it may be because, in general, people who go for trophies, which are the kind of people who use this site, are people who care more about games than the average gamer.  That would go hand in hand with a more thoughtful reaction rather than having a knee-jerk, rage induced kind of reaction to any game.

I've seen lots of negativity thrown at anyone that critiques this game (in this site).  If anything, I'm amazed of how rude some of you lot have been to people simply pointing out the clear and awful faults of this game story, characters, etc.  Hell, I even got a strike point for voicing my opinion. 

I always thought we were better here :/

• Like 3

I even feel most people don't praise the accessibility options. I am fortunate that I don't need them, but hope devs are able to make this a standard. It would be great and, despite the opinion on the game, this is important.

Regarding trophies, it is strange how the first one was trying a bit hard for the platinum while this one is extremely simple. Could have been a little better.

bmg_ps.png

12 minutes ago, bmg_ps said:

Regarding trophies, it is strange how the first one was trying a bit hard for the platinum while this one is extremely simple. Could have been a little better.

bmg_ps.png

I am sure this is the result of the idea of "more accessibility". Yes this is a trophy hunting site, yes we would like to see more difficult trophies.. In the end isn't accessibility to all more important if it generates the revenue required to keep making better games with better stories for all to enjoy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

From a trophy hunter Perspective it seems disappointing as you can change “accessibility” settings in a way that basically makes the platinum a non event. I feel that some challenge should be retained. I hope that doesn’t make me seem “ableist”

My hot take has always been that if people want the challenge play on Survivor and grind out the trophies, but if someone wants to play with accessibility and on easy more power to them. It doesn't take away an advanced player's personal challenge but also allows others who severely struggle with games (i.e. individuals with disabilities or my 75 year old father, who's new to gaming and struggles with twin joysticks but is also a completionist) a fighting chance.

No shade, just my hot take on accessibility in gaming.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I'm betting there's going to be a Grounded difficulty DLC that will require a second playthrough; and that Grounded will disable some/most accessibility features by default. Platinum would still be accessible and inclusive, but 100% would be a challenge to be taken on. 

• Like 1