Impressed With Trophy Hunter Maturity

Totally off topic, but is the original poster's avatar a drawing of a human centipede? ?

On topic, I agree with @Lan Stee. I've seen some less-than-civil discourse in various threads on the Last of Us 2 on this site. Most of the offending posts were deleted. Maybe it's been more civil here than on other sites, but the discussion usually tends to drift from civility into madness.

EDIT: the original poster deleted the human centipede avatar ?

Edited by ResoluteRock
  • Like 1

It's not unlikely to assume that a large percentage of gamers act immature because, well, they're still children.

Being baffled by immaturity in the gaming community is almost like going to high school and wondering why so many people act childish.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Archangel7704 said:

My hot take has always been that if people want the challenge play on Survivor and grind out the trophies, but if someone wants to play with accessibility and on easy more power to them. It doesn't take away an advanced player's personal challenge but also allows others who severely struggle with games (i.e. individuals with disabilities or my 75 year old father, who's new to gaming and struggles with twin joysticks but is also a completionist) a fighting chance.

No shade, just my hot take on accessibility in gaming.

Respect the opinion, just can’t help but feel that trophies should be of a set difficulty for everyone. And sure these are, everyone can put on all the accessibility features and make it a super easy platinum, I just hope a drive for these needed accessibility features doesn’t lead to all trophies also having to be “accessible”. Difficulty related trophies should still be a thing.

2 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Are you guys familiar with the concept of shitposting and memes? I mean, you should be, unless you are over 60 and haven't been using internet for long.

Shitposting? You already have to be quite messed in the head and very immature to come up with those posts. Its psycho.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed quote, off topic discussion
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Holy shit, you’re just an idiot and not even worth the time.

I thought most of the post was fine? I don't understand the overreaction. It kinda reminds me of a quote from Handsome Jack: "Everyone thinks they're the hero of their own story." From a lot of people's point of view (including my own), Hitler was an evil man. It's really a matter of perspective though. To Hitler and the people who followed him, they probably thought that he was the good guy. Everyone's got a different point of view.

Also, comparing Abby to Hitler in that one thread seems weird. One is a digital character that only bruised people's opinions on a beloved game franchise, and the other is a man who slaughtered millions of people to bring his distorted views of the world to fruition.

Also, I think this thread has demonstrated that discourse hasn't been as civil as people think on this site. Look at how it's devolving ?

• Like 3

The reason why the trophy hunting community is so "mature" about this?

Spoiler

You're welcome.

I appreciate the positive thread, but it went downhill pretty quick with a bunch of senseless back and forth and off topic discussion so I'm locking this down.

@Fr_0zt, if you want to discuss your strike, PM the mod and try to come to some sort of understanding. Let's not do it in public and derail topics.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07